Tired of seeing businesses close in B...
gsz

Melrose Park, IL

#21 Jul 25, 2009
Carr Gardens wrote:
The high rents are not entirely the fault of the building owners. Property tax on commercial buildings has skyrocketed in recent years. Rents must be high for the building owners to meet their property taxes. This is the fault of the county. High rents and empty buildings is a county-wide problem.
take a walk thru your back door go north in alley walk behind all the businesses on western ave the filth and the smells eminating from the grease containers and garbage cans and the degenerates using the alley as a toilet will get you alittle more angry.no one wants to rent a business in the middle of a garbage dump.the hole town needs to be powerwashed.
gsz

Melrose Park, IL

#22 Jul 25, 2009
there is 16 snow route signs on highland ave between 127th and 123rd.it snows 3-6 times a yr over 2 inches. the snow route is only enforced when i call to bitch about it.the gangbangers use the sign 24/7 365 days a year.i clean the signs,i catch the little thugs that are tagging the signs,i ask for help and what do i get excuses.IT IS TIME TO REMOVE SIGNS AND RAISE THE OTHER SIGNS SO THEY CANT REACH THEM PROBLEM SOLVED.NOW IF WE COULD GET JERRY VIDOVIC TO PARK AWAY FROM BAG DROP BLUE ISLAND WOULD BE ON THE MOVE
gsz

Melrose Park, IL

#23 Jul 25, 2009
Look at all the welcome to B.I. signs that greet our visitors. The areas are not maintained.The key to revitalizing our town is cleanliness and we have a long way to go. i could sit here and go on and on but i think you get the point.P.S IT IS PAINFUL TO ME TO WATCH PUBLIC WORKS BUTCHERING OUR MAJESTIC TREES DO YOUR HOMEWORK (USE THE 3 CUT METHOD )
Report Fraud in BI

AOL

#24 Jul 25, 2009
AT ELECTION TIME PELOQUIN PROMISED MUCH;
The Progressive Party, COA, Team Peloquin
HAS NOT DELIVERED..........OR KEPT ANY PROMISES!
WE don't see them shop Blue Island,
or RESPOND AND communicate effectively with residents.

BLUE ISLAND NEEDS AN FBI RAID!
Promises Broken

Blue Island, IL

#26 Feb 9, 2013
Report Fraud in BI wrote:
AT ELECTION TIME PELOQUIN PROMISED MUCH;
The Progressive Party, COA, Team Peloquin
HAS NOT DELIVERED..........OR KEPT ANY PROMISES!
WE don't see them shop Blue Island,
or RESPOND AND communicate effectively with residents.
BLUE ISLAND NEEDS AN FBI RAID!
What is left of the above players, now are running under the Blue Island Independent Party. And guess what? They are still trying to fool us.
Thank you

AOL

#27 Feb 9, 2013
Promises Broken wrote:
<quoted text>
What is left of the above players, now are running under the Blue Island Independent Party. And guess what? They are still trying to fool us.
No, they're just joining forces with the Rita camp now.
No Confidence Vote

Chicago, IL

#28 Feb 9, 2013
Thank you wrote:
<quoted text>No, they're just joining forces with the Rita camp now.
The party's have always collaborated!
With their numbers dwindling the former party's evolved into "The Blue Island Independent Party". A current third ward alderman (Coalition Progressive) is running as an "Independent" for clerk, former BIPD chief (Coalition Progressive) for "Independent" 4th ward alderman. These candidates have a history of failure to provide responsible representation of the residents/taxpayers and have earned the "No Confidence Vote" they deserve.
Build BI2

United States

#29 Feb 10, 2013
No Confidence Vote wrote:
<quoted text>
With their numbers dwindling the former party's evolved into "The Blue Island Independent Party". A current third ward alderman (Coalition Progressive) is running as an "Independent" for clerk, former BIPD chief (Coalition Progressive) for "Independent" 4th ward alderman. These candidates have a history of failure to provide responsible representation of the residents/taxpayers and have earned the "No Confidence Vote" they deserve.
Don't be fooled again. The Coalition/Indpendent Candidates need to be routed out by the voters in April. Sadly the Indpendent/ Rita camp - while the individual candidates may be good and caring people have sold out to Rita. The only alternative in my mind is Alan Stevo; Tommy Brown has too many past ties to the Coalition party and I have seen too many racist posts by his followers.

We need to send a clear message in April - enough
Is enough and we need to hold the Coalition party accountable once they leave office!
peter

Midlothian, IL

#30 Feb 13, 2013
cook county is the problem with taxes.people cant afford.look at ur elected officials.loook at where ur money has gone.if i wanted to start a business it would not be in cook county.u talk about bob rita.he and peloquin dont get along.but whay couldnt rita and peloquin but their differnces aside and bo what best for the town.i think if i were peloquin i would have got out quite some time ago.everybody has their complaints.dont complaim step up and help
Build BI2

United States

#31 Feb 14, 2013
peter wrote:
cook county is the problem with taxes.people cant afford.look at ur elected officials.loook at where ur money has gone.if i wanted to start a business it would not be in cook county.u talk about bob rita.he and peloquin dont get along.but whay couldnt rita and peloquin but their differnces aside and bo what best for the town.i think if i were peloquin i would have got out quite some time ago.everybody has their complaints.dont complaim step up and help

Very true. The problem is financial - ie, high rents and no incentives; business owners have to know they can cover costs. Look at the old Bartle Florist building - monthly rent has been lowered from $4k to $3k per month- that's without utilities, staff, or other requirements by the state or city.

Sadly, due to years of neglect by the administration and chamber anyone driving through BI looking for rental space sees lots of vacant and dirty storefronts, littered sidewalks, paint faded streets, curbs and crosswalks, and an expressway going through town. " Shop Historic Blue Island" is history! It will take some major investments to attract anchor businesses and a thorough renovation of our towns image before any serious investors pay attention to our town.

Thanks Coalition/Progressive party! Thanks Bob Rita! Thanks to the wealthy property owners that have not kept up their property! Thanks to apathetic voters!

The residents and visitors to Blue Island are now reaping what you have sowed over the years.

It is time for all of us to work together to come up with workable solutions.
Sick and Tired

Chicago, IL

#32 Feb 14, 2013
No Confidence Vote wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! Enough conflict of interest, enough transparency violations, enough protected crap, enough good ole boy network! No Confidence Vote!
resident

Elk Grove Village, IL

#33 Feb 15, 2013
Since when the mayor have to do with people spending there money in blue island. The population has changed. the only places in business are those that have link card acess. What happened to that store on 123 where islander pharmacy used to be? allegedly selling conterfiet clothing but what about the stores down the way now going out of business that sold couterfiet shoes or the other store in the little strip mall that sell cigerettes individual out of the pack or the pirate dvd proudly displayed on the couter police have been in there buying stuff why the blind eye everyone knows they sell antibiotics from mexico under the counter there but so does all the mexican stores do Did someone forget to grease someones hand? or the jewlery shop that buys gold by weight who is to say its not stolen.
The BUCK Stops WHERE

Chicago, IL

#34 Feb 16, 2013
resident wrote:
Since when the mayor have to do with people spending there money in blue island. The population has changed. the only places in business are those that have link card acess. What happened to that store on 123 where islander pharmacy used to be? allegedly selling conterfiet clothing but what about the stores down the way now going out of business that sold couterfiet shoes or the other store in the little strip mall that sell cigerettes individual out of the pack or the pirate dvd proudly displayed on the couter police have been in there buying stuff why the blind eye everyone knows they sell antibiotics from mexico under the counter there but so does all the mexican stores do Did someone forget to grease someones hand? or the jewlery shop that buys gold by weight who is to say its not stolen.
Conflict of interest, transparency violations, protected crap, good ole boy network, DESTROYS!
THE BUCK STOPS ON THE MAYORS DESK! No Confidence Vote!
BlueIslandSkepti c

United States

#35 Feb 16, 2013
To the Josh Tate, Pace-Green and Stevo sycophants, throttle it back people! You must enjoy talking to each other, reading your posts and kissing each other's behinds. Sheesh! The big bad wolf Peloquin will be gone soon. So will his axe-man Pam Frasor. Let's take your heads out of each other's butts and see the world as it is & not what you want it too be. Now I have people pay me for what I'm about to tell you so pay attention! The country, state and county is going through a severe financial meltdown. Blue Island is just another town among many in this County that has severe money problems. I agree with some here about municipal services not being what they should, I also agree that the state of Business here is also not spectacular. The signs around town lack adequate up keep not to speak of the streets and alleys. The 2 bridges across the canal need replacement. Our schools need dire help. It takes money and time to accomplish what took years of neglect and arrogance to destroy. Peloquins ideas for the town were not in the towns best interests. He ignored the present to achieve a better future. He ignored one important factor..the state of health of the Illinois finances. All his ideas for the future for BI were staked on Illinois being solvent. He is no financial genius. He has proved that many times. His short sightness has cost this town plenty. Does Alan Stevo have any experience with financial matters? Does Pace-Green? Does Tommy Brown? Can they communicate a coherent fiscal plan of action to the community, the County or the State? I have not heard of anything yet...has anyone? The Independent Party has a working plan that is being fine tuned. It may not be perfect but it is something.
That is more than I've heard from the other's. All I've heard from the Stevo & Brown camp are endless boring mews of how bad things are and how evil the Independent Party is. Nothing but endless platitudes and complaints from these mal-contents. Give this community a benefit of the doubt and tell us your platform. Don't tell us voters that what you will do for BI is too complicated and time consuming to explain to the community....WHAT!? This I heard from the Stevo camp. Arrogance beyond belief.
Deceptive and Arrogant

Chicago, IL

#36 Feb 16, 2013
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
To the Josh Tate, Pace-Green and Stevo sycophants, throttle it back people! You must enjoy talking to each other, reading your posts and kissing each other's behinds. Sheesh! The big bad wolf Peloquin will be gone soon. So will his axe-man Pam Frasor. Let's take your heads out of each other's butts and see the world as it is & not what you want it too be. Now I have people pay me for what I'm about to tell you so pay attention! The country, state and county is going through a severe financial meltdown. Blue Island is just another town among many in this County that has severe money problems. I agree with some here about municipal services not being what they should, I also agree that the state of Business here is also not spectacular. The signs around town lack adequate up keep not to speak of the streets and alleys. The 2 bridges across the canal need replacement. Our schools need dire help. It takes money and time to accomplish what took years of neglect and arrogance to destroy. Peloquins ideas for the town were not in the towns best interests. He ignored the present to achieve a better future. He ignored one important factor..the state of health of the Illinois finances. All his ideas for the future for BI were staked on Illinois being solvent. He is no financial genius. He has proved that many times. His short sightness has cost this town plenty. Does Alan Stevo have any experience with financial matters? Does Pace-Green? Does Tommy Brown? Can they communicate a coherent fiscal plan of action to the community, the County or the State? I have not heard of anything yet...has anyone? The Independent Party has a working plan that is being fine tuned. It may not be perfect but it is something.
That is more than I've heard from the other's. All I've heard from the Stevo & Brown camp are endless boring mews of how bad things are and how evil the Independent Party is. Nothing but endless platitudes and complaints from these mal-contents. Give this community a benefit of the doubt and tell us your platform. Don't tell us voters that what you will do for BI is too complicated and time consuming to explain to the community....WHAT!? This I heard from the Stevo camp. Arrogance beyond belief.
Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party is well known for their short sighted SPEND MORE BOND MORE Platform that includes DEBT, MORE BOND DEBT, MORE BAD IDEAS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY, we've had enough. We've been down that road and we know the party is and has BEEN DOWN RIGHT DESTRUCTIVE!
Thank you

Blue Island, IL

#37 Feb 16, 2013
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
Which party are you referring to when you say..."The Independent Party has a working plan that is being fine tuned. It may not be perfect but it is something."? If you're talking about the Rita/Blue Island Independents then in my opinion your wrong because he's been in power too long and hasn't helped improve the State, County or Township so things will stay the same in Blue Island until leadership/ideas are changed at the State level on downward. How many Blue Island Independents also work for Calumet Township? I don't think B.I. has a Mayoral candidate that can accomplish anything this election which is sad. Unfortunately my 1st ward doesn't have a choice but one Rita affiliated candidate. I'm afraid things will only get worse with the next administration but I sincerely hope I am wrong because to me that "crow" will taste mighty good if I'm forced to eat it.
BlueIslandSkepti c

United States

#38 Feb 16, 2013
Deceptive and Arrogant wrote:
<quoted text>
Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party is well known for their short sighted SPEND MORE BOND MORE Platform that includes DEBT, MORE BOND DEBT, MORE BAD IDEAS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY, we've had enough. We've been down that road and we know the party is and has BEEN DOWN RIGHT DESTRUCTIVE!
Reading is a skill which you obviously lack in great amounts. I strongly suggest you practice it. Where is Mr. Stevo's platform in getting Blue island back on it's feet? The "Hit List" he has to eliminate most if not all city workers is not a platform. It is a Vendetta of the worse kind.
Where is his program of inclusiveness to all the people of color WHO ALSO LIVE IN BLUE ISLAND? Where is his reach out to the Hispanic and Black business people? I have not sen or heard of one and neither has anyones else. The Race baiter has none. He has nothing but venom and finger pointing at other's. He has nothing to which the voters can look out and make decisions to base their vote on. Just more discontent and bile at the old regime. He thinks throwing excrement at everyone will make people vote for him. He's deluded as usual and so is Pace Green. She's hitched her ride with a bomb thrower.
BIForum

Chicago, IL

#39 Feb 16, 2013
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading is a skill which you obviously lack in great amounts. I strongly suggest you practice it. Where is Mr. Stevo's platform in getting Blue island back on it's feet? The "Hit List" he has to eliminate most if not all city workers is not a platform. It is a Vendetta of the worse kind.
Where is his program of inclusiveness to all the people of color WHO ALSO LIVE IN BLUE ISLAND? Where is his reach out to the Hispanic and Black business people? I have not sen or heard of one and neither has anyones else. The Race baiter has none. He has nothing but venom and finger pointing at other's. He has nothing to which the voters can look out and make decisions to base their vote on. Just more discontent and bile at the old regime. He thinks throwing excrement at everyone will make people vote for him. He's deluded as usual and so is Pace Green. She's hitched her ride with a bomb thrower.
You may want to look at the Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party Picture befor you say another word. Do you think the candidates are really reflective of the community or are they FAMILY members?
Vote Family Ticket

Chicago, IL

#40 Feb 16, 2013
BIForum wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to look at the Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party Picture before you say another word. Do you think the candidates are really reflective of the community or are they FAMILY members?
Wow!
he obeys orders

Blue Island, IL

#41 Feb 16, 2013
What you continue to neglect to mention Attorney Alderman Vargas took part in it all with his no thinking RUBBER STAMP VOTE. So you See Alderman Vargas enabled this to occur.
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of David A. Gonzalez as Mayor? (Aug '13) 1 hr Cousin Vinny 53
Castaways 1 hr Cousin Vinny 5
Irrelevant posts 1 hr Crook County 3
Sister City Fest 1 hr Wet willy 13
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 2 hr Members of Lost D... 623
blue island government fails on transparency (Jun '14) 5 hr What a blow hard 9
Changes in Hazel Crest 5 hr Longtime Former R... 3

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Country Club Hills Mortgages