midlothian mayor election
clinton

United States

#763 Feb 20, 2013
I dont know him elaborate more. WILL he back all of team oranges plans?Convince me to vote for him thats what I want someone who knows him to comment.Nothing againist him I am just leary our town is so much trouble we need big change fast.clinton

Since: Jan 13

Midlothian, IL

#764 Feb 20, 2013
I'm more leary of Mo. Many more years under his belt and not much in the last few years

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#765 Feb 20, 2013
Clinton it'd help if you asked something more specific. We have no way of knowing what would sway you. Plus, you CAN talk to Gary yourself. It's not as though you need to take our word for it on a message board.

Gary has never been a part of "team orange." He has been active in this community since he moved here which is more than I can say for the vast majority of residents. He goes to all the meetings and pays good attention. He's also been the head of the CPC since it's inception and is now the trustee liaison to the CPC since his appointment.

Gary asks a lot of questions and comes up with his own answers. You can't scare him into taking your side. He thinks for himself and makes a judgement call to the best of his abilities and knowledge. That's key for me. I know he'll never just "go with the flow" or vote for something he doesn't believe in. I also know he'll admit if he doesn't have all the answers and will ask for more information. You can count on that from him.

And if none of that sways you, Gary is brand new to the board so he hasn't been part of the last couple decades that helped get us into this mess. You can blame the economy to a certain point, but at some point you also have to acknowledge what we talked about earlier....A specific lack of FORESIGHT on the part of the board/mayor/past mayor.

You didn't have to be pyschic to notice that the car dealers were lining up on the 159th street corridor or that Sunrise Chevy and the other dealers in the area were losing business and closing one by one. Gary knew it back then and has told me he tried to get people to act back in the day (mid to late 90s/early 00s). I believe he tried very hard to get the point across, but I'll let him elaborate on that if he wants to. He will have the specifics since I was not in Midlo at the time.

I think he deserves a chance to show what he can do.
clinton

United States

#766 Feb 20, 2013
I would rather take someones word here that knows him.Ive been around to many pols that put on a great act when you see them in person especially around election time.
listen to me please

Atlanta, GA

#767 Feb 20, 2013
clinton wrote:
I would rather take someones word here that knows him.Ive been around to many pols that put on a great act when you see them in person especially around election time.
I have known Gary for about 10 years and I have all the confidence in the world that he will be an independent thinking trustee. Yeah, it sucks that he's running with what remains of Tom Murawskis old Independent Party. And his unholy alliance makes me want to vomit. But I still support Gary Lheureux.
No Rybak

Midlothian, IL

#768 Feb 20, 2013
Gary made the right choice Sharon is A ridiculous choice for Mayor .She has no qualifications .
Need something new

United States

#769 Feb 21, 2013
And Terry's qualifications are?
No Rybak wrote:
Gary made the right choice Sharon is A ridiculous choice for Mayor .She has no qualifications .
just r2d2

Blue Island, IL

#770 Feb 21, 2013
sooo little green men landed and they left little green rybak signs on 147th. lol.
just r2d2

Blue Island, IL

#771 Feb 21, 2013
sooooo little green men landed and they left little green rybak signs. lololololol
just r2d2

Blue Island, IL

#772 Feb 21, 2013
lololololololo. omg next we will get hit by an asteroid. can it be any worse we are doomed.
just r2d2

Blue Island, IL

#773 Feb 21, 2013
lololololololol.
just r2d2

Blue Island, IL

#774 Feb 21, 2013
what a mess. what are you people thinking of. and you think she will listen to you that you have control. omg really. She will listen to Karen? hey i got a bridge to sell you cheap. lolololololol.
c 3 po

Midlothian, IL

#775 Feb 21, 2013
She will be better the Terry, least she won't spend spend spend. Then she'll get rid of the dead weight, lawyer, overpaid village manager, get rid of some off the family members in the front office, get rid of the over powerful DC
No Rybak

Midlothian, IL

#776 Feb 21, 2013
c 3 po wrote:
She will be better the Terry, least she won't spend spend spend. Then she'll get rid of the dead weight, lawyer, overpaid village manager, get rid of some off the family members in the front office, get rid of the over powerful DC
The Lawyer is someone we need and shell get rid of the family memebers in office and replace them with Gleasons family members like her son the Lawyer and her family members she's known for filling the Park district with family and friends .Say no to Sharon she's so wrong for Midlothian.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#777 Feb 21, 2013
Whoa there wrote:
<quoted text>Some of you people seem to want to blame Terry for everything that's wrong in your life.Cant you see this economy is bd for every American right now for Gods sake unit blaming Terry for every business that closes and everything that's wrong with Midlothian.do your research Sharon Rybak has to many improprieties to even be considered to be our Mayor please do the research you'll see she's not the one to save this town.
I for sure would not put all the blame on the mayor. The ongoing recession yes ongoing I do not feel it is over has been costly. But there things that do not seem right. This thing with the attorney is has a lot of problems like his insurance before he was moved into his office (now a suite) at the village hall. And the administrator. Who it still seems should be paid on a performance basis. He may then owe us money. Still the thrifty ones are trustees. And it would be nice if started a little higher up. Example the village hall remodel. I saw last night Don said he would like to see a $ total for the cost. So should we all..........
TeamRybak

Hammond, IN

#778 Feb 21, 2013
4 Years ago, everyone thought Terry was right for the position. Boy, were we all fooled. He talked a good talk to make us believe but when it came time to walk the walk, he stumbled. I can't say shame on us because we trusted BUT if he is reelected along with the others, save for Gary, then it will be shame on us.

Lawrence, MA

#779 Feb 21, 2013
No Rybak, when did Rybak say she was getting rid of everyone in Village Hall. The full time attorney is not needed for our smaller town...the attorney should be part time or out sourced to a law firm. Also, the village administrator is collecting a nice size salary to do what? If Rybak changes those things than I'm all for it. I would like to think if shes mayor, she will evaluate all the people on payroll from the village...most of the people on village payroll do their job. By the way No Rybak get back to work at your village job and you won't have to worry about your job.
Midlothian voter

Midlothian, IL

#780 Feb 21, 2013
c 3 po wrote:
She will spend spend spend, she will have to pay the village manger after she fires him just like she is doing with the school districts two superintendents that she fired while being on the school board.

Lawrence, MA

#781 Feb 21, 2013
Who is the 2nd superintendent? I just know the one idiot who posted that dumb video.

Lawrence, MA

#782 Feb 21, 2013
So we should keep the village manager on the payroll & just keep paying him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 5 hr Smells Bad 14
Sinkhole in Palos Gardens 5 hr Moving NOW 1
large tree branch down 6 hr Really No One 7
Downed power lines 7 hr Mark J Kuehner 1
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) 8 hr Hrongo 242
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 9 hr No Code Red 241
Chuck Tocar unfit to be mayor 13 hr Front Page News 25

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance