midlothian mayor election
Thhbbbbbbttt wrong

Midlothian, IL

#389 Jan 12, 2013
clinton wrote:
Stearns is running againist crotty for brementownship supervisor in the upcoming election.McDOnnel has been tied to the hip to crotty so i would think stearns would love to get rid of McDonnel only problem he does an outstanding job evety year.How about we vote for Stearns for supervisor so she resigns from the schoolboard and get rid of crotty the orignal double dipper.Everybody happy happy happy.
An outstanding job maybe, but is it worth us paying him 13% more? That's a huge raise and asking a lot from people, some that haven't had any raises at all in years.
No Fan Of Stearns

Alsip, IL

#390 Jan 12, 2013
Look into

Chicago, IL

#391 Jan 12, 2013
clinton wrote:
Stearns is running againist crotty for brementownship supervisor in the upcoming election.McDOnnel has been tied to the hip to crotty so i would think stearns would love to get rid of McDonnel only problem he does an outstanding job evety year.How about we vote for Stearns for supervisor so she resigns from the schoolboard and get rid of crotty the orignal double dipper.Everybody happy happy happy.
You may find your answers by looking into the salaries for the township positions.
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#392 Jan 12, 2013
I look at the banks and big financial institutions that have went under and we have one office that only has one account which is b228schools.I think the office is well worth the money we paying.
No Fan Of Stearns

Alsip, IL

#393 Jan 12, 2013
I'm sure your probably connected to the manipulators they steal our money in the name of township services.

We need one of these in Bremen.

http://www.mchenrycitizenstaxwatch.org/double...
No Fan Of Stearns

Alsip, IL

#394 Jan 12, 2013
clinton wrote:
I look at the banks and big financial institutions that have went under and we have one office that only has one account which is b228schools.I think the office is well worth the money we paying.
The Better Government Administration and every newspaper editorial i've read says otherwise.

clinton

Midlothian, IL

#395 Jan 12, 2013
No Fan Of Stearns wrote:
This whole board is a bunch of political weasels sucking off the people who they apparently have little empathy for. I bet they all got their jobs by knowing someone. So now they want to give their friend a big raise instead of doing what's best for the people and pushing to put this useless office out of business. Shame on you.
I guess you didnt read my response. Stearns is not a fan of McDonnel and would love to get him out of there but keeps him there in spite of there political differences.She keeps him because he has done a good job even thou he will be working againist her in the april election.I dont know how much more of a clearer picture I can give you no fan of stevens.
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#396 Jan 12, 2013
No I hope they lose as they too threw their oppents of the ballot last election like the terry stephens party is doing.If I was connected why would I tell you to dump crotty?Please read my posts or have some idea what you are talking about before you post.This suppose to be about the mayor start a new thread for this topic.
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#397 Jan 12, 2013
Editorials sell papers and please I hope you dont take the bga seriously its ran by a political tv analyst.
No Fan Of Stearns

Alsip, IL

#398 Jan 12, 2013
How does being a political TV analyst disqualify you from being a proponent for good government. It seems like a natural transition to me. It's a terrible choice between Crotty and Stearns, as they both will work to keep waste in government.

The BGA has an excellent website to see through the smoke of township government.

http://www.bettergov.org/
No Fan Of Stearns

Alsip, IL

#399 Jan 12, 2013
The BGA has an excellent link for all public employee payroll and pensions. Just plugging names from some of the latest stories into the township and county is quite revealing.
clinton

United States

#400 Jan 12, 2013
I love your double dipper page.I agree not the best choice but a vote for stearns as supervisor gets rid of crottys double dipping and gets stearns off school board.I am still no fan of the bga.If the guy truly was going after people madigan and daley was all the stories he never needed another selective polictal service.
No Fan Of Stearns

Alsip, IL

#401 Jan 12, 2013
What says Stearns can't win supervisor and continue as dysfunctional board member? If there is a God Stearns will be promoted to PFC. Proud [email protected]#n Civilian.

clinton

United States

#402 Jan 12, 2013
No Fan Of Stearns wrote:
What says Stearns can't win supervisor and continue as dysfunctional board member? If there is a God Stearns will be promoted to PFC. Proud [email protected]#n Civilian.
I am not positive but some of those township offices you cant serve in the school board and township offices as I have seen to recent trustees retire ftom their school board post.You have to make a choice i think getting the orignal doubledipper out is priority one!Stearns for supervisor the better of two evils!
ok

Midlothian, IL

#403 Jan 12, 2013
What does Terry plan on doing if he wins?
What does Sharon plan on doing?
Maybe they should have a debate
the me no body know

Calumet City, IL

#404 Jan 13, 2013
I was born and raised in Midlo. Yesteday my sister picked me up and we drove down Crawford. OMG what an embarrasment. What has Tery done? Everything is closed soon bars will be on the windows. I wouldn't walk through that town during the day much less night. However, I hope the gazebo is doing well because we all know that is what Midlothian needed. Get RID OF THE JERK...
Midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#405 Jan 13, 2013
The whole village needs a overhaul! Only change has been the Fire Chief Sheehy being TOLD to retire. I hear all the FD guys are happy..
Plenty of Bills

Chicago, IL

#406 Jan 13, 2013
“We are not buying water from Indiana,” Midlothian Mayor Terry Stephens said. “We are taking it from the same lake. We will treat it and transmit it ourselves. I can’t say the costs will be lower, but we can prevent further increases.”
ok

Midlothian, IL

#407 Jan 13, 2013
Plenty of Bills wrote:
“We are not buying water from Indiana,” Midlothian Mayor Terry Stephens said.“We are taking it from the same lake. We will treat it and transmit it ourselves. I can’t say the costs will be lower, but we can prevent further increases.”
I call BS
Burned

Chicago, IL

#408 Jan 13, 2013
Alsip Mayor Patrick Kitching, however, said four years of steady increases from Chicago — 25 percent in 2012, and 15 percent each year through 2015 — is “just insane.”

His town and six others have formed the South Suburban Joint Area Water Agency in hopes of bypassing Chicago and tapping into the lake at Whiting, Ind., with their own pipeline.

The agency includes seven key members: Midlothian, Markham, Alsip, Harvey, Robbins, Blue Island and Calumet Park. Harvey sells water to Homewood, Flossmoor, Dixmoor, Hazel Crest, East Hazel Crest and Posen, while Alsip provides water to Crestwood and Palos Heights.

The agency has moved forward with a $5.5 million bond issue for a feasibility study and hopes to have cost estimates this spring, at which time it will decide whether it pays to move forward.

“We are not buying water from Indiana,” Midlothian Mayor Terry Stephens said.“We are taking it from the same lake. We will treat it and transmit it ourselves. I can’t say the costs will be lower, but we can prevent further increases.”

It is not just a matter of cost, but it is also “very important” to control the system, Blue Island Mayor Don Peloquin said, especially for towns that don’t want big water consumers — such as MetroSouth Medical Center in Blue Island, and the Coca-Cola plant in Alsip — to be chased away by high water bills.

“Chicago has been a good neighbor and I’m sure its increases are justified,” Peloquin said.“It has an antiquated system. It needs to upgrade the whole system and the best way is to pass the cost on.”

But if these towns can do it cheaper on their own, why not do it, he said. If it proves to be a cost-effective move, the South Suburban Joint Area Water Agency hopes to have pipes in the ground by 2015-16.

“It’s either this or be stuck with Chicago and keep getting burned,” Kitching said.“Why should we tolerate what the city is doing to us? This is the future of our community.”

But creating a new water system is “extraordinarily difficult” to do, said Daniel Injerd, of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Not only will these towns face financial and technical challenges, but also interstate issues. Members of the South Suburban Joint Area Water Agency would be subject to Indiana regulations in addition to Illinois’.

Chicago has a huge water system that is built and paid for, Injerd said. Creating a new system would be like “building a highway next to an existing one,” he said.

It’s “inevitable” that rates go up, Injerd said, noting that there has been a “significant uptrend” in water rates in the last five years. But that revenue should be used to maintain the system and not for something else, he said.

Brett Postl, of Postl-Yore and Associates, the engineer for the project that would bring water from Whiting, conceded it’s “a very big project.”

“Everyone is looking at the cost of infrastructure over time, and operation and maintenance costs. Very preliminary numbers say it would be cost-effective,” he said.“Water is not going to be cheap.”

A route for this new system has not yet been established.

More towns and teamwork

Water itself is not getting more expensive, according to Josh Ellis, director of water resource programs for the nonprofit Metropolitan Planning Council. But it is more costly to capture, clean, transport and pump it, and pay for the associated energy, labor, chemicals and infrastructure projects to reduce leaks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club is a joke! (Sep '14) 54 min Tall jim 24
Public Hearing for Water Rate Increase 58 min corruption as usual 78
Raciss Police 1 hr Concerned 6
biip blue island a trainwreak 1 hr Burnt 10
Help Wanted 1 hr Abby 19
Throwbacks bar in Crete (Feb '15) 2 hr reginald does yo ... 12
Accountability .. it's all in the numbers 4 hr There for Who 17

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance