midlothian mayor election
Clinton

United States

#248 Jan 5, 2013
No i am saying. The terry Stephens party is trying to throw gillis kreis and rybak off the ballot.they must be really scared.this very low and dirty politics!
WOW

Alsip, IL

#249 Jan 5, 2013
How can they just throw them off the ballot?
wow

Midlothian, IL

#251 Jan 5, 2013
Clinton wrote:
Just got off the phone some treasurer from the mayor stevens party is trying to throw karen kreis sharon rybak jerry gillis and some other candidate off the ballot.What dirtballs.I believe the clerk and two trustees vote.so it will be a stevens 2-1party advantage.No choice for the people didnt some people asscioated with the mayor accuse the rybak/gleason party of this?Let me hear your views on this.clinton
They are scared!!!!!!!!! And should be. This is BS
Blah

Midlothian, IL

#252 Jan 5, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
It's very interesting to see the responses here. Seems to be everything from the inane to the vapid with a smattering of partially accurate information in between.
Ladies/Gentlemen and trolls,
First of all, the CPC has done a lot of good. Much of it Warren lists in his fine post. An unregistered user also brought up the DEA Drug Take Back program.
If these things weren't enough to convince you that the limited funds raised and used by the CPC are worthwhile, then I seriously question your priorities. Is it not significant to you that your children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews will get a proper D.A.R.E. and G.R.E.A.T. education in school because of the CPC? Really? I remember the D.A.R.E. program (the other didn't exist then) from school. I remember a police officer teaching us about drugs. I know it doesn't work for every child, but that doesn't mean we should just stop having that. If the CPC did nothing else but fund those two programs then I'd still say they were/are a success. But the fact is they do more.
On walks we look for vandalism that might need reporting, suspicious behavior or sights. We spot lights that aren't working and report them to public works. We found a cap in the sidewalk in front of the businesses on 147th that was missing so a small child or animal could have their foot go in or an adult sprain an ankle. We called PW, and they had it fixed the next day. I for one was on a walk alone and found a house that looked broken into and reported it. Our early afternoon walkers caught kids defacing the park not from the creek and reported it.
You may not think we do much, but we do try. And if you haven't seen us, I'm honestly not surprised. We go in different areas of town each week, and unfortunately, this year we had a smaller showing of walkers than last. We hope with the Spring will bring more interest and more people will get out for their community and their health and walk with us. We're working on that so if you'd like to get our email each time, email [email protected]
We could spend all day arguing the merits of the CPC, but that wasn't the whole point here. You're sitting here bad mouthing people you either don't know or claim to know but clearly only superficially.
I hope you all get better informed before election time.
(P.S. Get over the t shirt issue too because they didn't cost all that much, but they were worth it for the solidarity.)
You're a tool to funny !BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Alot of to do about nothing .
WOW

Alsip, IL

#253 Jan 5, 2013
Wasn't Gleason's friends at the township involved with trying to unseat a duly elected official (Bertrand). Turnabout is fair play is it not? At least Stephens appears to be doing it legally. And it didn't cost us a million bucks.
143 K

Midlothian, IL

#254 Jan 5, 2013
Just heard a few people objected some petitions , why?
Could it be the old board is scared, oh yeah they are scared shitless
They knew if they went up head to head with Rybak,Karen,Jerry, and others they had a very very good chance of losing. That's why they are playing dirty politics.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#255 Jan 5, 2013
Seems funny to me that for all the people bashing Terry,I thought for sure there would be at least 20 who thought they could do a better job and file for a spot on the ballot. Guess not though. As far as the CPC goes, fine group they are. Maybe a few who bash them should actually walk with them and see what they do. To you it may not seem like much but they help more than you know.
WOW

Alsip, IL

#256 Jan 5, 2013
Is objecting to a petition not a legal right???
How is it dirty? With all of Gleason's lawyer friends they couldn't get this right?
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#257 Jan 5, 2013
WOW wrote:
Is objecting to a petition not a legal right???
How is it dirty? With all of Gleason's lawyer friends they couldn't get this right?
This is a common tactic that occurs in a lot of elections. One party objects to signatures on the other parties ballots in an attempt to get their overall total number of signatures below the legal limit. It doesn't work often, but does shine light on the fact that Terry is afraid of these individuals getting re-elected and/or losing his prized seat.
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#258 Jan 5, 2013
R u kidding wrote:
<quoted text>What a simpleton you are ,I agree with Tshirts on this couldn't money be better used on something else besides (look at me ).Do you really believe a few people walking around every now and then is any deterrent to thieves REALLY ! Don't know why I'm responding to someone so simple makes me chuckle.
Actually a few people walking around wearing the same t-shirt has been scientifically proven to deter criminals. Hence the Guardian Angels, who wear red t-shirts and black berets, have been around for decades.
Tshirts

Midlothian, IL

#259 Jan 5, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a few people walking around wearing the same t-shirt has been scientifically proven to deter criminals. Hence the Guardian Angels, who wear red t-shirts and black berets, have been around for decades.
For gods sake where do you g et those stats? I don't. Think criminals are gonna be afraid or stop any criminal activity because of a few old foggiest walking around in the same tshirts you're a riot.What planet do you live on Sharon Rybaks.
Scientifically proven

Midlothian, IL

#260 Jan 5, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientifically proven to deter crime why don't we all get matching tshirts then.
WOW

Alsip, IL

#261 Jan 5, 2013
Why would you call being Mayor a prized seat???
candy

Chicago, IL

#262 Jan 5, 2013
I must say. Why do you say its a rybak gleason party? Also what reason do you have to pick on them,what have they ever done to you. Here is a person who is willing to step up and try to make this a better town. Isn't it time to give the other person a chance before you beat them up. If you don't know them then you are just going by what you hear. This has become high school crap! Get your facts then speak.
WOW

Alsip, IL

#263 Jan 5, 2013
They have spent our money for education on their political games, which we are still paying for while neglecting the kids in 228. What's your connection.
It's Gleason/Rybak because that's how they operate. Gleason/Rybak/Gillis are the park district employees wasting money we don't have while the pool crumbles. Now we won't even be able to use our own park when we want. Do you even live in Midlo???

I don't pick on anybody, they threw their hat into the ring as public servant's and are serving only themselves.
Clinton

United States

#264 Jan 5, 2013
WOW you are twisting the truth!Bertrand was voted out by brementownship school trustees which Gleason is not and does not have a vote for. Clinton
Clinton

United States

#265 Jan 5, 2013
Brementownship elected officals played polictical games which we payed for when crotty hines and John lord got the other party thrown off the ballot ,which we paid for in the courts and no choice in an election. Iwill vote forto crotty again.The stevens party is doing the same thing you are againist wow but you are blinded by your alliance. THISwill end up in the courts where the Midlothian taxpayers will pay for the fees over wows polictical games.
Clinton

United States

#266 Jan 5, 2013
I will not vote crotty ever again
Parent

Midlothian, IL

#267 Jan 5, 2013
I think the CPC does a great job but I hate to tell you we have not had the DARE program in our schools in years. I still have kids in Bremen and Dist 143 and there is no DARE Program in 143

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#268 Jan 6, 2013
Back to the original topic. I have not seen anything official on who all the candidates would be. Seems they would have filed by now. Anywhere this has been shown?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Village Hall Painted 3 min 35 Year Resident 25
Public Hearing on the water rate increase 5 min Hmmm 16
Stop the Soda Tax in Cook County 23 hr Wheres Eddie Been... 72
Commander Sisk New Chief Sun Glug Glug 22
John Kasparek New City Auditor Addresses City C... (Oct '15) Sun Issues 65
She Gone Sun Question 2
Liquor store cruise night Sun Larry 3

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance