Bankrupt Country Club Hills police chief part of several failed ventures

Jul 15, 2011 Full story: The Southtown Star 13

The police chief of Country Club Hills, who with her husband earns more than $200,000 courtesy of city taxpayers, apparently is broke.

Full Story
GOODBY DWIGHT

Bloomingdale, IL

#1 Jul 16, 2011
WHY SHOULDN'T SHE BE CHIEF OF POLICE? It only makes sense to have a thief in charge of catching thieves.Who would better understand the methods of a thief than another thief.Dwight Welch swearched far and wide for a person of her moral fiber and also was fortunate enough to get her husband,another class A thief,as a high ranking officer in the Country Club Hills Police Dept..The sad part about this whole fiasco is that this demoralizes a bunch of great policemen who are trying to do their job.
CCHRes

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 16, 2011
And its alarming when Welch states he isnt concerned about her personal life. Thats bull shit1 Police personal lives are scrutinized as part of a background investigation prior to hiring. And it was and he was told of her issues and he said f it. He always claims he was, a long time ago, a police officer. He should have known better but he did it anyway. Every Officer around that city knows of her and her husband and will politely shy away from any CCHPD involvement because of them and her many family employees. Many! A cop in debt is a risk when dealing with dope, guns and money either on the street or as evidence. I think an audit is due on the evidence vault. Welch is finally looking like the incompetant crook he is.
GOODBY DWIGHT

Bloomingdale, IL

#3 Jul 16, 2011
Hey Regina---You and your husband,Dwight,Chief Brown,Sgt.Smith should make reservations at Oxford,Wisc.before Blago gets the choice spot.Everything is going to be opened at CCHPD and a whole lot of upper echelon people,current and past are going to be looked at for lieing on depositions concerning terninations of former employees.Your past actions will continue to haunt you,so in the unforgettable words of your Fuhrer--YOU HAD BETTER LAWYER UP.Justice may take a while but it will be done.Everybody who you railroaded out of your PD will be looking to re-open their cases. Oh,HOW THE MONEY WILL ROLL IN!!!
Jimmy Johns

AOL

#4 Jul 16, 2011
Old Crusty Toes does a great job. Just watch your wallet.
GOODBY DWIGHT wrote:
Hey Regina---You and your husband,Dwight,Chief Brown,Sgt.Smith should make reservations at Oxford,Wisc.before Blago gets the choice spot.Everything is going to be opened at CCHPD and a whole lot of upper echelon people,current and past are going to be looked at for lieing on depositions concerning terninations of former employees.Your past actions will continue to haunt you,so in the unforgettable words of your Fuhrer--YOU HAD BETTER LAWYER UP.Justice may take a while but it will be done.Everybody who you railroaded out of your PD will be looking to re-open their cases. Oh,HOW THE MONEY WILL ROLL IN!!!
Res

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 17, 2011
It is starting to snowball!
Det Murphy

Elmwood Park, IL

#6 Jul 17, 2011
Hey DWIGHT--Got anymore daughters that are going to be married on the taxpayers dime.You know what I mean Dwight and so shall the Sun Times/Southtown.We'll put you so far away for so long that you'll never worry about when your time is up.Oxford,Oxford here I come--That'll be your theme song. Taxpayers still paying to have your house cleaned?Bodyguard still hauling your "girlfriends" back to Chicago at 2:00am.Lot's more about your life to come,so stay tuned.
Mayor Dwight Welch

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 17, 2011
Det Murphy wrote:
Hey DWIGHT--Got anymore daughters that are going to be married on the taxpayers dime.You know what I mean Dwight and so shall the Sun Times/Southtown.We'll put you so far away for so long that you'll never worry about when your time is up.Oxford,Oxford here I come--That'll be your theme song. Taxpayers still paying to have your house cleaned?Bodyguard still hauling your "girlfriends" back to Chicago at 2:00am.Lot's more about your life to come,so stay tuned.
I beg you to post more about my life? You can't you loser in life.
THE SNAKE

New Lenox, IL

#9 Jul 18, 2011
I can't wait for the indictments to come down on the chief and the mayor. The mayor saying he never saw the recommendation not to hire the chief is total BS!!!! But lets see, the Deputy Chief at the time gave her recommendation NOT TO HIRE HER!!! I wonder why...Because the thorough background investigation that was done shed the light on the her personal matters, as well as her professional matters at CPD and why she left. And now the mayor and the chief are blackballing all the good employees, making demotions, trying to push out the employees that question their ways. All I can say is TERI PLEASE SUE THE DOG SH!T OUT OF THE CHIEF, THE MAYOR, AND THE VILLAGE OF CC HILLS, AND TAKE THE MILLIONS TO THE BANK. You and your family deserve to get paid for the injustice done to you and your family. And make sure your get your rank back too
whats up

Chicago Heights, IL

#10 Aug 1, 2011
What does the Chief do? She is never at the station and she managed to get rid of all the Command staff that did all the work, but tried to keep her husband that did nothing but collect a pay check(REALLY). I fell sorry for all the officers that work there.
was a long time resident

United States

#11 Aug 3, 2011
Country club hills is the worst town ever. My fiancee was raised in this town and about a year ago got pulled over and beaten severely by a group of about 10 if not more police. We made so many complaints and yet the city did absolutely nothing. It's a shame that they let their officers do such terrible things like this and get away with it. It's time for someone to stop this. And to make it even better, the officer who initiated the beating is a sergeant! Once this lawsuit begins hopefully they will open their eyes and realize what's right and WRONG....
OH BOY

Calumet City, IL

#12 Aug 3, 2011
was a long time resident wrote:
Country club hills is the worst town ever. My fiancee was raised in this town and about a year ago got pulled over and beaten severely by a group of about 10 if not more police. We made so many complaints and yet the city did absolutely nothing. It's a shame that they let their officers do such terrible things like this and get away with it. It's time for someone to stop this. And to make it even better, the officer who initiated the beating is a sergeant! Once this lawsuit begins hopefully they will open their eyes and realize what's right and WRONG....
yeah..and this is what you get when these towns hire crooks from CPD. That so called chief is an complete idiot and a thief just like her friends from Calumet Park!!!!!!!! INDICTMENTS on the way!!!!!!!!!!
cchills victim

Gilberts, IL

#13 Oct 20, 2011
Does anybody know how to report a domestic incident that happened with chills police? They beat my fiancee up and we are in the process of sueing them. I really want to get this story in the paper so people know what their police are doing with their time. We have pictures of the damage they did to him and we also have a lawyer who is handling the settlement process right now. Anyone have any ideas for me???
Smart

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 21, 2011
Yea the former Chief now Mayor claims to know nothing of her background. That and the rest of the politicians lying again, "...we didn't know re-elect us..." What a joke. Extensive background checks are conducted for entry level patrol officers. Not to check a potential Chief's background or not be aware of red flags wake up boys and girls. This was a political hire by politicians. Guess what residents, get ready to pay out for the damages that your, ALL OF THEM, elected officials created. GO ILLINOIS POLITICS KEEPING THE FEDERAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM BUSY!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
yikes, district 142 47 min I know 7
Hearing for Marcia Stone 1 hr Tellinit 14
BIIP and BITP 2 hr Tellinit 26
Blue Island Post Office 2 hr Postman Jack 5
Conflict of Interest Hal Jr and Sr 4 hr Keyboard Cowboy 25
Snow removal 4 hr Still snowing 21
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 6 hr Ongoing Investiga... 197

Blizzard Warning for Cook County was issued at February 01 at 1:50PM CST

More from around the web

Country Club Hills People Search