Country Club Hills residents blast al...

Country Club Hills residents blast aldermen's spending

There are 4 comments on the WGN-TV Chicago story from Aug 10, 2011, titled Country Club Hills residents blast aldermen's spending. In it, WGN-TV Chicago reports that:

Frustrated with recent reports about their highly paid mayor and City Council, several dozen Country Club Hills residents packed this week's regular meeting to vent about the expenses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGN-TV Chicago.

whats up

Chicago Heights, IL

#1 Aug 12, 2011
Has anyone ever questioned the chiefs city creditcard spending? That would be interesting.
mike

United States

#2 Jan 6, 2012
Hey Mr mayor why do the people of your town pay $7,500 a year in property taxes on houses that are only worth $70.000 . You have a part time police that don't even have guns. To put then in marked police cars to patrol and not even give them a gun.
omni one9323

Dolton, IL

#3 Jan 14, 2012
Well, I dont think CCH in any way compare wiyh MAYBERRY, but tou could at least equip the part time POLICE with a tazer.....
Duncan Guild

Homewood, IL

#4 May 8, 2012
Don't blame our mayor for high taxes when the City Council budgeted $38,738 more than last year after much public comment about needing to reduce the budget. Yet they had the nerve to increase the aldermen's portion of the budget from $496,557 to 535,295. That comes to $53,530 per alderman. Do we need to pay over a half - million dollars for a city council that makes incorrect public statements that we are bankrupt?
Residents, look at the source of comments posted here by non-residents. What do they know?
I am a 54 year resident of CCH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fran Never Had A Chance Because 8 min We Have Fran Left 21
What exactly is going on at the former Escape Spa? 2 hr ChuckLostTrusteeL... 2
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 2 hr Wasting BI Taxdol... 755
How much did the taxpayers have to pay on your ... 2 hr ChuckLost 1
Trustee Kevin Michaels (Nov '15) 4 hr The truth is the ... 20
Empty lots on 111th (May '12) 5 hr The 111th Street ... 39
RIP Midlothian Topix 6 hr doesnt matter 11

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance