Eugene Siegel plans to Retire

Eugene Siegel plans to Retire

Posted in the Country Club Hills Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Real Change

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 12, 2012
Gene Siegel Is Not Running for Reelection. Everything is wide open. All bets are Off. This once in a lifetime oppertunity to break the iron grip the gene machine has had on the village.
You Have Nothing

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Real Change wrote:
Gene Siegel Is Not Running for Reelection. Everything is wide open. All bets are Off. This once in a lifetime oppertunity to break the iron grip the gene machine has had on the village.
Gene has been a good mayor. Why would this leak on Topix instead of a real announcement? Unless of course you didn't know what you are talking about and are one of the troublemakers.
Really

Evergreen Park, IL

#3 Nov 12, 2012
"You have Nothing" Are you out of your mind! Everyone knows that Gene is not running. Why are you guys trying to keep this knowledge from the public? Are you trying to keep people from circulating petitions? Oh by the way petitions are due December 23rd.
confirmed

Evergreen Park, IL

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Gene told me was not running. Gentlemen star your egines!
It is True

Evergreen Park, IL

#5 Nov 12, 2012
Gene is Not running for Mayor and Chuck Tokar is not running for Clerk! How does one obtain and circulate for these offices?
star your egines

Evergreen Park, IL

#6 Nov 12, 2012
confirmed wrote:
Gene told me was not running. Gentlemen star your egines!
Gentlemen "star your egines!"?????? Good Grief
You Have Nothing

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Really wrote:
"You have Nothing" Are you out of your mind! Everyone knows that Gene is not running. Why are you guys trying to keep this knowledge from the public? Are you trying to keep people from circulating petitions? Oh by the way petitions are due December 23rd.
Prove it. Where does any News source or Official Village source say the Mayor is not running for Re-election. Show us. Otherwise, you have nothing.
Mayor aint running

Evergreen Park, IL

#8 Nov 12, 2012
I spoke with Gene and he told me he is NOT running. I think that some of the good old boys are keeping it under wraps so that noone runs.
NEW TICKET

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 12, 2012
Chuck for Mayor Jack for Clerk.
You Have Nothing

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 12, 2012
NEW TICKET wrote:
Chuck for Mayor Jack for Clerk.
No way. That will never happen. Gene is probably running again in order to keep that from happening. And those two? How bad an image can we give ourselves? Gene is running you have nothing.
cover up

Melrose Park, IL

#11 Nov 12, 2012
You have nothing you don't know what you're talking about gene is retiring.
God Save Us

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Good citizens of Chicago Ridge say NO to the back room deals being made now that Gene is retiring. They are trying to install Political hacks like Chuck "I like em young and pretty" Tokar and Jack "tripple dipper"Lind. If you are honest and care about the people please circulate petitions and run.

God Bless Chicago Ridge
Ben Fan

Tinley Park, IL

#13 Nov 12, 2012
“In free governments, the rulers are the servants and the people their superiors and sovereigns. For the former, therefore, to return among the latter is not to degrade but to promote them.”

- Benjamin Franklin, 1787

The Founding Fathers believed that politics should be a duty to be performed for the sake of the common good, not for the sake of a career, not for the sake of being a politician. Without term limits politicians become career royals who need not worry about the common good as long as the checks keep coming.
Good Bye

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Gonna miss you Gene.
You Have Nothing

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 14, 2012
Good Bye wrote:
Gonna miss you Gene.
How much do you talk to him now? He is at work every day. If you need something done in the Village go over to the Hall and ask for him. He will come to the window and invite you into his office, if he is available, or you will be asked to set up an appointment where he will meet with you or he will call you at home when he is available. You don't have to miss him.
Good Bye

Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 14, 2012
You Have Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>How much do you talk to him now? He is at work every day. If you need something done in the Village go over to the Hall and ask for him. He will come to the window and invite you into his office, if he is available, or you will be asked to set up an appointment where he will meet with you or he will call you at home when he is available. You don't have to miss him.
You Sir Are an Idiot.... I am talking about when he is replaced by who ever is running for Mayor this April. Gene is NOT running for ReElection. He told me directly. He said that Chuck Tokar is running and possibly others. Hence, Good Bye Gene I will miss you.
Performance Party Light

Tinley Park, IL

#17 Nov 26, 2012
The Second Stringers are in with Jimmy S.
conflict of interest

Chicago, IL

#18 Nov 28, 2012
From our village bylaws, looks like you cant be on Fair Housing Committee and be a trustee....

Fair Housing Committee
Mike Davies

Creation; Composition; Appointment; Terms of the Fair Housing
There is hereby created a Fair Housing Review Board, consisting of five members, who shall be residents of the Village and who shall each serve for a term of three years. No person shall simultaneously serve as a member of the Fair Housing Review Board and of the Board of Trustees of the Village. Each member shall be appointed by the Village President with the advice and consent of the Trustees. The Chairman and Co-Chairman shall be elected annually by a majority of the Fair Housing Review Board. The terms of office for the Housing Review Board. The terms of office for the initial appointments shall be as follows: Three members for three years and two members for two years
Performance Party

Chicago, IL

#19 Nov 29, 2012
conflict of interest wrote:
From our village bylaws, looks like you cant be on Fair Housing Committee and be a trustee....
Fair Housing Committee
Mike Davies
Creation; Composition; Appointment; Terms of the Fair Housing
There is hereby created a Fair Housing Review Board, consisting of five members, who shall be residents of the Village and who shall each serve for a term of three years. No person shall simultaneously serve as a member of the Fair Housing Review Board and of the Board of Trustees of the Village. Each member shall be appointed by the Village President with the advice and consent of the Trustees. The Chairman and Co-Chairman shall be elected annually by a majority of the Fair Housing Review Board. The terms of office for the Housing Review Board. The terms of office for the initial appointments shall be as follows: Three members for three years and two members for two years
Oh well what are you going to do about it ?..... I thought so, you cant touch us
RUFNKDNME

Chicago, IL

#20 Nov 29, 2012
Performance Party wrote:
<quoted text> Oh well what are you going to do about it ?..... I thought so, you cant touch us
A bat to the head might help take care of this. Or not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First National Bank Buildings to be Auctioned 30 min Where is the out... 23
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) 58 min Tired of being li... 126
Stevo at the City Council meeting 3 hr sky soldier 43
Open Letter to All Veteran's 7 hr sky solder 42
Did you attend tonight's Flooding meeting at Pa... 10 hr Cal P 4
Hillary 2016 ...Lock Her Up 10 hr Anti Voters 17
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 18 hr It Is So 53

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Country Club Hills Mortgages