Driver Wants License To Match Gender Identity

Aug 17, 2009 | Posted by: HOGstr | Full story: www.ketv.com

More and more gay, lesbian and transgendered people want their driver's licenses to reflect their identities.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Just more challenges for these folks who are up against a system that's been in operation for a very-long time. Ok to make waves, but laws, religious doctrine and attitudes don't change as quickly as one might like.
Yes, the picture should be accommodated, after-all, it IS for identification purposes. Someone living as a woman should not have to explain her 'change' to every store clerk and cop. However, as for name change, there are well-established methods to allow this and they should just go through that process like many other gays have done to 'sanctify' their commitment to another person.

I sympathise with your situation, but government bureaucracies require changes in LAW to adopt new procedures. So you have to petition YOUR representatives just like the rest of us.

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

My fiancee was semi-transgendered. After she had breast-implant surgery, she began living as a female full time. She went to the New York State DMV to have the gender on her driver's license changed. They simply changed it with not questions asked, or any paperwork required.
DILF

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
My fiancee was semi-transgendered. After she had breast-implant surgery, she began living as a female full time. She went to the New York State DMV to have the gender on her driver's license changed. They simply changed it with not questions asked, or any paperwork required.
Was the person behind the counter laughing while they changed it?

(Or very possibly, they thought his drivers license was a typo showing a "M" as opposed to "F", so they changed it without truly knowing the circumstances surrounding his operation)

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Bubbletoes wrote:
Just more challenges for these folks who are up against a system that's been in operation for a very-long time. Ok to make waves, but laws, religious doctrine and attitudes don't change as quickly as one might like.
Yes, the picture should be accommodated, after-all, it IS for identification purposes. Someone living as a woman should not have to explain her 'change' to every store clerk and cop. However, as for name change, there are well-established methods to allow this and they should just go through that process like many other gays have done to 'sanctify' their commitment to another person.
I sympathise with your situation, but government bureaucracies require changes in LAW to adopt new procedures. So you have to petition YOUR representatives just like the rest of us.
To go off topic for a moment - where on earth did you get such an evil-looking dog?

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

The headline is a lie. It is a transsexual person, not a transgender. It is an insult to refer to a TS as a TG or even to mention them in the same article with homosexuals. TSism (birth defect), unlike TGism (men who keep their penises for life while "living" as "women") and gayness, is a birth defect.

The real reason reporters lump TSs with TGs and gays are to deprive them of rights. TSs can conform to general society, TGs and homosexuals never can. And it makes them angry that they do what they can to deprive others of rights. Before the 80s, a TS could get their birth certificate and license changed in any state and marry as heterosexuals, and they were not considered LGBT in *ANY* way back then.

If you don't believe me, attend a TG support group meeting. You will find that whenever a fully transitioning TS starts to speak, the TGs will "get offended" (manipulation tactic) or talk over the TS. The TSs simply want to talk about their transition, how people treat them, the challenges, etc. The TGs blame the TSs for how they are treated, give them hurtful advice like not caring as much about how they look, are obsessed with talking about homosexuals, and talk about getting drunk, clubbing, their fast cars, how much money they make, and other interests typically associated with men. Unlike MtF TSs, the "MtF" TGs have the inner core and identity of men, but choose to dress or "live" somewhat as women. When things get hot and heavy for the CD/TG, HE can go home and take off his clothes. But if a TS is under fire, she has no such option. The TG often as a dual life that the TS woman does not have. A lot of TG males are obsessed with money and power, since they have the nature of men despite how they dress, and with all this money, they can move, hire an attorney, or whatever. True TSs have more of the nature of women and are often not as aggressive in making a living.

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

That is transgendered. There is no such thing as semi-transgendered. TS means you are a type of person who gets the surgery, TGs as a whole don't. The woman in the article is a transsexual, not a transgender, but the media does not know the difference. Anyone can be TG, and if you as much as wear a dress or take hormones, or get surgery for frivolous reasons, then you are a TG. But if you truly are a woman born in a man's body, have the wrong parts below due to an inborn birth defect, want them gone, and want a completely mainstream life that is in no way connected to the LGBT, then you are a TS.

TG and TS are opposing philosophies. TGs are more liberal, and TSs are more conservative. TGs cannot conform to the binary gender system, and therefore, their political movement tries to change everyone else. TSs change their bodies and lifestyle to bring their brain wiring in line with society as it is. So politically, they only want a few adjustments to the laws that already exist, not a bunch of new ones. TGs are gender-variant, while the TSs are gender-conformists, just conforming to the correct gender, not the biological one. TSs, hence the name, change their physical sex. TGs either attempt to change their gender identity (impossible - since gender, unlike biological sex, is a function of brain wiring and the soul), or they simply change their social gender role without regard to biology nor gender identity.

The newspapers get it wrong, and assume TSs are TGs, and the LGBT deliberately blurs the lines to neutralize TSs as a threat to them. As long as TSs are painted as a type of TG or other LGBT member, their ability to speak out against it and side with the mainstream is hampered.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Gee Purp, you seen to know an awful lot about this subject. Is there more we should know?

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Resources for TSs who are not a part of the TG nor LGBT community or who dislike being lumped with TGs or other parts of the LGBT:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TS-Specific_Mov...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarryBenjaminsS...
http://shb-info.org/hbs.html

It is a major misconception that TSs are a type of TG or even a part of the LGBT. Since most TSs correct their birth defect and become a part of mainstream society, they are typically not politically active. Their silence is taken as permission by the TGs and LGBTs to control them and speak for them.

Long Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

DILF wrote:
<quoted text>
Was the person behind the counter laughing while they changed it?
(Or very possibly, they thought his drivers license was a typo showing a "M" as opposed to "F", so they changed it without truly knowing the circumstances surrounding his operation)
She told me that she explained the situation to the clerk, and the clerk just simply changed it without a problem.

Years ago the NYS DMV was HORRENDOUSLY bad. But they totally changed the procedures at DMV about 15 years ago and it's been run really great since then.

When I changed my surname so that Michelle and I had matching surnames back n 1982, they once agains simply changed the names without question.

Also, when my wallet was stolen by a thief in 1991 (the thief wa later arrested, pled guilty, and went to prison), I foolishly had ALL my ID in my wallet, including my social security card (which one should NEVER carry). So I had NO id whatsoever to get my stolen license replaced.

I went to the NYS DMV & explained to the clerk what happened. She told me to bring down my water bill and electric bill, and they would accept that. Now that is HARDLY a legitimate form of ID, but the DMV accepted it and issued me a replacement license.

Long Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

And the image in my avatar is the image on my license !

:)

Since: Aug 09

Bailey, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

WTF ? He-shes and she-hes everywhere . Men with tits bigger than mine . Women with mustaches thicker than my dad's . And men with glasses thicker than their penises !
DILF

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

Smartypantz wrote:
tits bigger than mine .
Please expand on this, and I promise I will do the same.

;)

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

I'm surprised that the DMV refused to change her picture. When I got my name change and went to get my DL updated, the people at the DMV agreed that my appearance had changed and my picture needed to be updated as well. No one made any issues over it.

I think the folks at her DMV need some more training. Someone forgot to explain to them the purpose the DL picture.
Floyd

Nürnberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Smartypantz wrote:
WTF ? He-shes and she-hes everywhere . Men with tits bigger than mine . Women with mustaches thicker than my dad's . And men with glasses thicker than their penises !
waaaaaaahahahahahaha !!!

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Wolfgang E B wrote:
I'm surprised that the DMV refused to change her picture. When I got my name change and went to get my DL updated, the people at the DMV agreed that my appearance had changed and my picture needed to be updated as well. No one made any issues over it.
I think the folks at her DMV need some more training. Someone forgot to explain to them the purpose the DL picture.
Nothing a good tazing wouldn't resolve
confused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

This is totally off-topic, but I gotta ask- and this is a serious question:

If you're gay, and your partner changes gender to become a female, are you now physically attracted to women? Just don't make sense. Don't need to answer if you don't want to.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

Purple Gurl wrote:
Resources for TSs who are not a part of the TG nor LGBT community or who dislike being lumped with TGs or other parts of the LGBT:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TS-Specific_Mov...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarryBenjaminsS...
http://shb-info.org/hbs.html
Ah yes, "HBS"ers: TS's driven by a competitive, masculine urge to enforce their rigid categorical hierarchy and ensure that those they place at the top remain pure, untainted by the lower echelons of their community, like TS's who keep certain body parts, non-TS TGs, gays and lesbians.

“U missed the point and u still”

don't no which way it went

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

They do reflect their identities; they just want them to reflect their choices. Fck them!!

Long Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
This is totally off-topic, but I gotta ask- and this is a serious question:
If you're gay, and your partner changes gender to become a female, are you now physically attracted to women? Just don't make sense. Don't need to answer if you don't want to.
She kept her male equipment. I'm attracted to fem guys & drag queens, and semi-transgendered people like my fiancee became.

She was killed in an auto accident in 1990.
confused

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

<quoted text>
She kept her male equipment. I'm attracted to fem guys & drag queens, and semi-transgendered people like my fiancee became.
She was killed in an auto accident in 1990.
Thanks for the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Council Bluffs Discussions

Search the Council Bluffs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MTV 'Teen Mom' star Farrah Abraham allegedly ch... (Jan '10) Jul 11 amw 52
'Bar Rescue' tries to help Oface Bar in Council... Jul 10 GL Denny 38
rick and doreen Jul 7 none yo 1
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Debate: Marijuana - Council Bluffs, IA (Aug '10) Mar '14 thunder cock 11
2020 is hiring a Field Business Deveopment Mana... Mar '14 Gina Ritter 1
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Council Bluffs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••