Bluffs official: Flood affects us all

Bluffs official: Flood affects us all

There are 1 comment on the Omaha World-Herald story from Jul 13, 2011, titled Bluffs official: Flood affects us all. In it, Omaha World-Herald reports that:

All 60,000-plus Council Bluffs residents could be hurt in some way by the rising waters of the Missouri River, city officials said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Omaha World-Herald.

Laura Moore

Aurora, CO

#1 Jul 14, 2011

There has been flooding, even in Denver and severe rainstorms and weather conditions, yet Council Bluffs has not received any of these severe weather conditions, the water levels have decreased , all areas seem to be dispersing water without problem, levees are holding....and yet sandbagging and all these precautions continue to be taken. We can see some of the areas that have been hit with flooding, but Council Bluffs seems to be fine. What is it that continues to warrant all this precautionary work?. Even the reports don't suggest changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Council Bluffs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drunk driver Mon Bigmike 1
News 'Bar Rescue' tries to help Oface Bar in Council... (Mar '14) Jun 23 Anthony 41
Riding the h train - does anyone in C.B. know a... (Oct '16) Jun 16 Illegal 3
News Jeb Bush slams Donald Trump for 'rhetoric of di... (Jul '15) Jun 13 Trumpenstein 17
News Prison escape leaves one deputy dead, another i... May '17 IllegalPondScum 1
News The Latest: Trump says he saved Machado's job (Sep '16) Apr '17 Chilli J 136
Prairieland Chiropractic Apr '17 Internet ToughGuy 3

Council Bluffs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Council Bluffs Mortgages