Gronstal View: Senate Majority Leader...

Gronstal View: Senate Majority Leader Michael Gronstal says he...

There are 6 comments on the WHO-TV story from Jan 28, 2011, titled Gronstal View: Senate Majority Leader Michael Gronstal says he.... In it, WHO-TV reports that:

Senate Majority Leader Michael Gronstal says he's willing to accept the reality that his decision to block a debate over same-sex marriage could cost him his leadership post or even his seat in the Legislature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHO-TV.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jan 28, 2011
Love is never wrong

“Aren't you ashamed of yourself”

Since: Jan 11

Bone Gap, IL

#2 Jan 28, 2011
" willing to accept the reality that his decision to block a debate " in no way concedes his position on the matter. I commend his fortitude in standing behind his beliefs and not selling himself out.
duped since birth

Lewes, DE

#3 Jan 28, 2011
Wow, how refreshing to hear a politician say, "people who get involved in politics have to stand for something..." and demonstrably show that he means what he says!

And what does it say about our citizenry - more specifically about the citizens of Iowa - that his position on this civil rights matter could cost him his job?

“THE JOURNEY OF A 1000 MILES”

Since: Aug 08

BEGINS WITH JUST ONE STEP:-)

#4 Jan 28, 2011
Good for him and HE'S right.......if this is allowed to happen, then what right will be taken away next....and from whom?

I would vote for a man like him because he stands by his convictions.......something rarely found in a career politician.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Jan 29, 2011
Wow, a politician who actually stands on principle even if it costs him his job. I never thought I'd see this day......

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6 Jan 29, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Wow, a politician who actually stands on principle even if it costs him his job. I never thought I'd see this day......
We've seen it a few judges as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Council Bluffs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man's body recovered from western Iowa river, o... Aug 16 Family 1
News Dan Pantoja taught science at Lewis Central Hig... (Feb '12) Aug 12 Sy Sperling 22
News Jeb Bush slams Donald Trump for 'rhetoric of di... Jul '15 Aspirin Between M... 2
adopted 1957 (Feb '15) Feb '15 BJW32 1
Clifford Ellis (Jan '15) Jan '15 liz 1
Fury With Much Blood Gore and Violence in Counc... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Culture Auditor 1
News Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unwavering (Aug '14) Aug '14 WasteWater 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Council Bluffs Mortgages