Online High School - JR HIGH more lik...

Online High School - JR HIGH more like it.

Posted in the Cotulla Forum

ashamed

Grapevine, TX

#1 Aug 6, 2012
I have never been more ashamed at some of the members of the community before in my life. Some of the stuff I have seen is downright MEAN, distasteful, cold hearted, gossip. You can post a discussion about anything you want And ANYONE can comment on your discussion without revealing their identity. You all talk about how you pray and how you do or don't go to church and how bad our community is..

Have you ever watched the movie Mean Girls? They have what they call a “burn book” where they write down mean things about everyone in the school. This website makes that book look like a genius work of poetry.- obscenely bashed on a daily basis.

Now I know some of these comments are made by children who are bored and like to get a rise out of someone. But I also know that most of these comments are made by the adult population of our community. I look at the adult members of my family…aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents, cousins, sisters, brothers…and I can not imagine any one of them reverting back to their youth just to get the satisfaction of posting a snide comment about someone on an internet website. Just to purposefully hurt someone. What does it accomplish? Why not be adult enough, that if you have a problem with someone, to take it up with them face to face?

IF you want our community to be better - make the change you want to see. Start it at home then go out in our community and make a difference. Stop the hurtful mean and un Godlike gossip. Tend to your own business. It only takes one person to start it... when you hear someone else gossiping, just say nicely; please I don't want to participate in gossip. I want us all to be neighbors and friends and not so hateful... one turns into two and two four and before you know it; YOU have made a difference right here in Cotulla Texas and it can spread way beyond! Can you do that? Will you?
jesse gonzales

Cotulla, TX

#2 Aug 6, 2012
will said!!!!

“im just playing with your mind”

Since: Aug 08

cotulla

#3 Aug 6, 2012
ashamed wrote:
I have never been more ashamed at some of the members of the community before in my life. Some of the stuff I have seen is downright MEAN, distasteful, cold hearted, gossip. You can post a discussion about anything you want And ANYONE can comment on your discussion without revealing their identity. You all talk about how you pray and how you do or don't go to church and how bad our community is..
Have you ever watched the movie Mean Girls? They have what they call a “burn book” where they write down mean things about everyone in the school. This website makes that book look like a genius work of poetry.- obscenely bashed on a daily basis.
Now I know some of these comments are made by children who are bored and like to get a rise out of someone. But I also know that most of these comments are made by the adult population of our community. I look at the adult members of my family…aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents, cousins, sisters, brothers…and I can not imagine any one of them reverting back to their youth just to get the satisfaction of posting a snide comment about someone on an internet website. Just to purposefully hurt someone. What does it accomplish? Why not be adult enough, that if you have a problem with someone, to take it up with them face to face?
IF you want our community to be better - make the change you want to see. Start it at home then go out in our community and make a difference. Stop the hurtful mean and un Godlike gossip. Tend to your own business. It only takes one person to start it... when you hear someone else gossiping, just say nicely; please I don't want to participate in gossip. I want us all to be neighbors and friends and not so hateful... one turns into two and two four and before you know it; YOU have made a difference right here in Cotulla Texas and it can spread way beyond! Can you do that? Will you?
you right friend we as a community need to make a change I'm tried of being a full blooded cotullian .......( boybutter logs off his toothless character and takes a big swing from his Mickeys quart ).....ahhhhh..... I wonder if there's any "sponge bob"on right now.....
yup

Sabinal, TX

#4 Sep 11, 2012
Well said "Ashamed', this has always happened here in this town. There is so much hatred towards one another, sad thing is most of the time the other never know's what the hatred is? So much gossip and rumors, I also, wish people can go up to that person instead of putting them on topix. There is lots of ignorant people and very envious. If they dont' get there way they are mad and start issue's. But as for myself and several other's, it's time to stand up for our selves and our children. NO MORE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cotulla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Esther DelosSantos 1 hr Sucio 1
Elections 17 hr El man 4
Victor deltoro Sun Funny 2
cotulla!!! (Mar '08) Sun Boo 7
Ali Alvarado Sat Who 1
went to the boot camp there back in 98 sandra,b... (Jun '14) Dec 7 Liz 12
Lowes in Cotulla #145 (Jun '13) Dec 7 El man 24

Cotulla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance