local veterinarians
tex_mo_tex

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jul 9, 2008
I recently moved back to Cotulla from Missouri and i have two pets in my household. Yesterday, I purchased a product from Walmart called "Propet Roundworm Liquid DeWormer" for the treatment of roundworms in my two dogs. The active ingredient in this product is piperazine citrate, my 11 yr. old rottweiller died from it this morning. The ingredient, after speaking to the manufacturers of this product, causes tremors, neurological shut-down, nausea, vomitting, and sometimes death. And i tried desperately last night to locate a veterinarian in the area that does emergencies, neither Dilley or Pearsall Veterinarians bother to answer an emergency call or give you a call back to help. I just wanted to say that im very disappointed in the petcare facilities that this community and the surroundings have to offer. And to let the community know not to purchase this Propet Liquid DeWormer from Walmart, it can be fatal, as in my case.

“eyes are watching”

Since: Mar 08

cotulla

#2 Jul 9, 2008
tex_mo_tex wrote:
I recently moved back to Cotulla from Missouri and i have two pets in my household. Yesterday, I purchased a product from Walmart called "Propet Roundworm Liquid DeWormer" for the treatment of roundworms in my two dogs. The active ingredient in this product is piperazine citrate, my 11 yr. old rottweiller died from it this morning. The ingredient, after speaking to the manufacturers of this product, causes tremors, neurological shut-down, nausea, vomitting, and sometimes death. And i tried desperately last night to locate a veterinarian in the area that does emergencies, neither Dilley or Pearsall Veterinarians bother to answer an emergency call or give you a call back to help. I just wanted to say that im very disappointed in the petcare facilities that this community and the surroundings have to offer. And to let the community know not to purchase this Propet Liquid DeWormer from Walmart, it can be fatal, as in my case.
sorry to hear about your dog. it is just part of the process of being in a bigger town to moving to nowhere land here cotulla. i found the best way when i need something done to my animals is to call the vets office in dilley and during regular business hours and let them do the worming, the shots, and stuff like that. i had a dog die of heart worms from me being stubborn. she was 1/2 doberman and half blood hound. huge dog. so i learned. the hard way. again sorry about the dog. but they are nice people there at the vets office in dilley. they actually live here in cotulla, gus ralph hoff jr.
meticulous

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jul 9, 2008
If you are a dog lover as myself, keep this at hand.critter care veternary clinic,call them they are in the book, they are in laredo,but Dr.Leyerdecker has a ranch in Encinal and will see emergencys.Sorry about your dog.
converse

Universal City, TX

#4 Jul 10, 2008
So sorry to hear about your pet. I have had emergencies with my pets during weekends and holidays. I have had to drive up to S.A. to the Angel of Mercy Animal Care. They are open 24 hours.
dog lover

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Jul 10, 2008
Dr. Ralph Hoff is a good and caring vet. I trust him to do the right think, but be very careful with the vet in Pearsall.
tex_mo_tex

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jul 10, 2008
Thanks for all the replies about where to find a vet! And for all the caring comments. I really appreciate them!
boybutter

North Richland Hills, TX

#7 Jul 11, 2008
im not sorry about your dog and come to think i hate dogs...have a good day dog killer
you -suck

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Jul 11, 2008
boybutter wrote:
im not sorry about your dog and come to think i hate dogs...have a good day dog killer
you are such an ass!!!if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your comments to yourself!!!
you sound like a real miserable person-the reason you probably hate dogs is because your probably upset that not even a dog would want to be your friend..so sad for you!!!!!
cindy82

United States

#9 Aug 25, 2008
sorry about the loss of your dogs, yesterday i gave the same wormer to my puppys and all 5 of them are dead now, one even had slood coming out of it and others with black stools. anyway to report them so another amimal will not die?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cotulla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tranny 1 hr Tommy3232 5
cc forbes 3 hr Tommy3232 13
Jr high 3 hr Concerned 3
Mando n Sarita 6 hr Old G 1
Who is she 6 hr Oilfieldtrash 1
Sonia j hearn (Apr '17) 10 hr WOW 6
Carlos aka lookie 11 hr Itsmeyouknowwho 1

Cotulla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance