Posted in the Cotulla Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
nobodys business

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2008
there will be a school board meeting on Monday July 28 at 6 p.m

if u are concerned about the issue with the cotulla athletics program or atleast want ur voice to be heard please attend

as for parents that have a child in athletics you should all attend the meeting
hmmmmmm

Cotulla, TX

#2 Jul 21, 2008
You got my support
nobodys business

United States

#3 Jul 22, 2008
it will be at the high school cafetorium as always
native

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Jul 22, 2008
the budget needs to be cut. The curriculum budget needs to be increased. remember feeding the brain with knowledge is first. knocking the brain around should be dead last. Question: how many cotulla students have received athletic scholarships?
LETS SEE

United States

#5 Jul 22, 2008
native wrote:
the budget needs to be cut. The curriculum budget needs to be increased. remember feeding the brain with knowledge is first. knocking the brain around should be dead last. Question: how many cotulla students have received athletic scholarships?
listen, we have had many athlets receive scholarships. The biggest upset is that most coaches get the kids these scholarships out of state...because they don't work hard at looking for school's near by or even here in Texas. I can tell you this much , now a days most school's are not scotting schools anymore..they are looking at select teams. I don't agree with what's going on with the school, Ive always thought Mrs Sanez is just there for a easy pay check and too look pretty. She has hurt our district ALOT!!! I hope we can resolve this issue and take care of our ppl. Sports like softball, cross country and baseball are BIG here in Cotulla. Softball is only growing in S. Texas. We need to continue this sport........ We all need to Aattend the board meeting
hmmmmmm

Cotulla, TX

#6 Jul 22, 2008
Congrats to the little league program for a very successful season.
Way to go girls!!!

PEOPLE
PLEASE DON'T BE MADE AT ME I M JUST SPREADING THE GOOD NEWS!!!
what

Universal City, TX

#7 Jul 22, 2008
hmmmmmm wrote:
Congrats to the little league program for a very successful season.
Way to go girls!!!
PEOPLE
PLEASE DON'T BE MADE AT ME I M JUST SPREADING THE GOOD NEWS!!!
It's only good news to you Mike B. You are the one getting money for it.
native

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Jul 23, 2008
once again, how many Cotulla graduates are on Athletic scholarships? Especially football, basketball or hell even soccer
nobodys business

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2008
well since coach booker has been her isaac saldivar and eloy both got scholarships for track
gr hoff got one for football and juan rios got one for baseball this year luis flores got one for baseball and carlos adams got one for football
so dont act like no students havent got athletic scholarships and thats just the boys side im not sure about the girls
so dont act like our athletes dont recieve college athletic scholarships
hmmmmmm

Cotulla, TX

#10 Jul 23, 2008
nobodys business wrote:
well since coach booker has been her isaac saldivar and eloy both got scholarships for track
gr hoff got one for football and juan rios got one for baseball this year luis flores got one for baseball and carlos adams got one for football
so dont act like no students havent got athletic scholarships and thats just the boys side im not sure about the girls
so dont act like our athletes dont recieve college athletic scholarships
WHY RELY SOLELY ON ATHLETICS,
ACADEMICS FIRST!
nobodys business

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2008
true but athletics is wats pushes students to do good in school so athletics = good academics
hmmmmmm

Cotulla, TX

#12 Jul 23, 2008
nobodys business wrote:
true but athletics is wats pushes students to do good in school so athletics = good academics
BUT, NOT THE ONLY OPTION!
THE PARENTS ARE THE ANSWER.
nobodys business

United States

#13 Jul 23, 2008
but what about the ones who have parents that dont really care what they do and all they to look forward to is athletics
hmmmmmm

Cotulla, TX

#14 Jul 28, 2008
IS THE SCHOOL BOARD MEETING STILL ON FOR TONIGHT???
Resident

United States

#15 Jul 28, 2008
Is it true that Saenz is currently taking classes for her PHD. I heard that she is using the school's car and gas to attend the classes.???
WONDER WHY

San Antonio, TX

#16 Jul 28, 2008
Is it true Bookers wife asked the school board for a list of salaries including stipends and incentives for all Cotulla employs and a itemized list of all expenses paid by CISD for Elizabeth Saenz Superintendent?
employee

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 Jul 29, 2008
Yes, Ms Saenz is taking PhD classes an yes the school is footing the bill. The board is her cup-of-tea don't you know. And the admin will not release the list of salaries, stipends, or incentives, even tho it is open records. They will stall. You would be shocked to see what some of these people get. I've seen the list. You'd think Cotulla was some big class 4A distirct with a lot of moolah.
Do not be so hung up with the extra curricular activities, concentrate on the curriculum that will benefit the student in college, football will not.
Why

San Antonio, TX

#19 Jul 29, 2008
ms saenz is really taking cotulla for a ride. and our school board is allowing it. that is why butch got out. he realized all the shit that he was a part of.
WONDER WHY

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jul 29, 2008
I agree but what can we do to stop it?
careful what you say

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jul 29, 2008
employee wrote:
Yes, Ms Saenz is taking PhD classes an yes the school is footing the bill. The board is her cup-of-tea don't you know. And the admin will not release the list of salaries, stipends, or incentives, even tho it is open records. They will stall. You would be shocked to see what some of these people get. I've seen the list. You'd think Cotulla was some big class 4A distirct with a lot of moolah.
Do not be so hung up with the extra curricular activities, concentrate on the curriculum that will benefit the student in college, football will not.
WOW you better hope you can't be traced cause you and a lot of others will be sued for actually quoting what you just didas well as other stuff. Id get my facts straigt before i spread anything like this out. You are right about one thing curriculum comes first so it would really help if booker would stop complaining and just teach isn't that part of curriculum. it's the least he could do. If he says he's here for the well being of the "kids" then him teaching a couple of classes will be great for him to get to help more kids. don't you think. a lot of administrators in the district and outside the district teach why cant he. hes no different and should not be treated different. and quit contridicting youself by saying the district won't give out information on salaries and stuff. you say they wont give out the info but yet you saw them. You're really in deep with this and if i were you and a lot of others that are out there telling lies and starting rumors i would be careful because everything is traceable and its only a matter of time when everyone finds out what lies your telling and then it will be "court time". if booker would just stop complaining over teaching classes all of this would go away. but he's enjoying this cause he's getting you to do his dirty work. hes just sitting around telling you lies so that you can spread them and he stays clean. I hope he's paying you well cause you'll need it for your attorney. Hmmmmm i wonder if he'l visit you in your cell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cotulla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
April Ruel 40 min Fred 5
monique and chris ruiz 45 min Laone 4
Such a stench... 1 hr Salad 5
where them hairy p**sies at 3 hr Juan 9
Shopko 4 hr Lol 7
Houses for rent/rent to own Sat DOO 1
You're Gross Aug 25 disgusting 5

Cotulla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance