from the front lines

Since: Jan 11

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2014
My sister is a former resident of Cottonwood who now works for the state of New Mexico. She watches as Illegal aliens enter the United States through southern New Mexico, and start working on the pipeline project, making $30 - $40 an hour. Their family also here illegally in turn drive up to the New Mexico Department of Welfare in Cadillac Escalades, GMC Denali and such, walk into the building and not ask for welfare handouts, but demand and say that they are entitled. This has been so disheartening to my sister that she has walked out of her position with the New Mexico Department of Welfare to look for other employment. Letís understand this, my family is Mexican, so this is not about racism. My family has also used the Arizona welfare system because we were in fact poor as children, so this isnít to beat up the welfare system also. This is about a federal government that does not work, it is broken and is breaking the citizens of this country. One day ďwe the peopleĒ will rise from the debris that is call the United States of America. Donít get me wrong, I love my country, I just hate our government. With elections coming up next month, get out and vote, please just vote wisely. Thank you for your time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cottonwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) Aug 27 bob frapples 244
What is causing Cottonwood's Cancer (Nov '09) Aug 25 John 50
Review: JJS Computer Corporation (Apr '14) Aug 20 Jim 8
best Vortex Site In Sedona Aug 3 bob frapples 2
Internet Providers in Cottonwood Aug '15 Lostone1413 1
News New Verde Valley resident experiences hiking tr... Jul '15 Lori 1
Flash Flood Watch Today In Sedona Jul '15 HostSedona 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cottonwood Mortgages