No Legal Marijuana in AZ Prop 203 Fa...

No Legal Marijuana in AZ Prop 203 Failed! Too bad for all the Pot heads!

Posted in the Cottonwood Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 10

Cottonwood, AZ

#1 Nov 4, 2010
Arizonans did not want this drug legal!! We saw through the "medical argument"! The few states that have a legalized marijuana have seen a increased fatality rate on the roads, and highways from legalizing this "weed"! One less problem we will have in AZ!! It was a good election all the way around!
please

Beaverton, OR

#2 Nov 4, 2010
if arizona didn't want this drug, ask me why the voters were all for it in 96 and 98, only to have it repealed by 'wording' and the DEA's threats? marijuana has NOT seen an increased fatality rate on the roads, and if you want to put it to an intoxication argument, you need to consider ALCOHOL. ITS NOT THE DRUG, ITS THE PERSON! and the medical 'argument,' as you put it, is a solid one. cancer patients, AIDS patients, MS patients, etc all have seen the benefits, as have multiple studies the FDA refuses to take a second glance at for fear of choking on their words. in an abuse standpoint, there's no doubt the system will be abused. but marijuana is the safest alternative to any medication you can buy in a pharmacy today, as nobody can overdose on THC. you, who put the ignorant comment, are probably some drunkard or mormon who can't take a look at the facts without retching. if you want to argue with the facts, google why pot was outlawed in the first place? my stomach's empty from looking at the facts, im gonna smoke a bowl before my next bout with chemo

Since: Sep 10

Cottonwood, AZ

#3 Nov 4, 2010
Well it did not pass! Too bad you didn't find that 20 thousand pound stash in the tunnel the middle east terrorist's are digging to smuggle over(or in this case under) The U.S. Mexican border!

Go to Mount Hope they have a lot of good healthy LEGAL things there that will help you and are also natural, but you just don't get high from those I know that is a problem for you!

The "medical marijuana thing" just didn't convince enough people in AZ!!! People saw right through that argument!
Alcohol is bad enough to have legal! Making more drugs legal that intoxicate people will sure not help that problem any better!!

What kind of a lame argument is that even?

Yes the States that have pot legal do have an increased fatality rate on the roads, that is a statistical fact, you go look it up!
Montana, California etc!

please wrote:
if arizona didn't want this drug, ask me why the voters were all for it in 96 and 98, only to have it repealed by 'wording' and the DEA's threats? marijuana has NOT seen an increased fatality rate on the roads, and if you want to put it to an intoxication argument, you need to consider ALCOHOL. ITS NOT THE DRUG, ITS THE PERSON! and the medical 'argument,' as you put it, is a solid one. cancer patients, AIDS patients, MS patients, etc all have seen the benefits, as have multiple studies the FDA refuses to take a second glance at for fear of choking on their words. in an abuse standpoint, there's no doubt the system will be abused. but marijuana is the safest alternative to any medication you can buy in a pharmacy today, as nobody can overdose on THC. you, who put the ignorant comment, are probably some drunkard or mormon who can't take a look at the facts without retching. if you want to argue with the facts, google why pot was outlawed in the first place? my stomach's empty from looking at the facts, im gonna smoke a bowl before my next bout with chemo
please

Beaverton, OR

#4 Nov 4, 2010
if the bill hadn't been overruled by the federal government (basically saying the people of arizona are too stupid to know what they're voting for) in 96 or 98, my uncle would probably still be alive today. and as soon as it passes this time around, im gonna be glad to be free of prejudice and incarceration for trying to heal my own sickness. it hasn't failed yet, so don't get your hopes up. if you knew anyone with a debilitating disease, your opinion would be much different than it is now. you call yourself a patriot, but you're just narrow minded and blinded by something DARE taught you in 4th grade. lucky you, they changed their ideals from Anslinger's "marijuana makes black men think themselves equal to white men" to disproven gateway theories and disproven brain-cell killing facets so you don't know the reality. like i said before about highway fatalities, it's the person, not the drug. and by the way, you drive next to stoners on the highway every damn day. i know, because im one of them. im not advocating driving under the influence. im not blinded by historical myths about cannabis that have been proven wrong time and time again either. you say cancer patients like myself do it just to get high, then you really don't deserve to call yourself a patriot, or vote for the sake of dying people.
please

Beaverton, OR

#5 Nov 4, 2010
if you want to keep up this debate i know im going to win anyway, here's a link you probably shouldn't ignore...but then again, you probably don't give a flying @^#&

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.co...

Since: Sep 10

Cottonwood, AZ

#6 Nov 5, 2010
The point is you did not win in this election, and I hope not ever in any election legalizing drugs, any drugs will bring us down as a society! If a person has pain of any-kind, or pretend to even they could get a medical marijuana card! That would be one of the problems. Look at what is happening in Amsterdam:

Amsterdam is cracking down on legalized marijuana due to the decease of their population using the drug and in the increase of "marijuana tourism" that brings a new set of problems, one of them being organized crime and general criminal activity, including harder drugs.

The Amsterdam "model" demonstrates that the potency of THC in marijuana was genetically increased well over 10 times the potency found in plants in the 80's when the it was legalized to smoke in designated areas.

The as written in California is going to cause more problems than it solves, and perhaps the unintended consequences will be gang wars between Northern California growers (Humbolt County, replaced logging for pot growing) and Southern California.

There is also genetic modification of THC with the US cannabis plants, prompting an increased demand for higher THC highs or moving on to harder drugs.

Perhaps more important is the lack of any studies on long term use of higher THC cannabis as well as the smoke inhalation, what are the cancer risks?

Will there be lawsuits two decades from now by those with mouth, throat, or lung cancer, similar to the cigarette industry?

Plus you are not going to put the drug cartels and dealers out of business by legalizing marijuana. They will simply move on to another form of criminal activity.

I already won the debate prop 203 is rejected by the people of Arizona who believe as I do about the legalization of this weed that causes intoxication!

Don't like it: go live in Mexifornia!!!
please wrote:
if you want to keep up this debate i know im going to win anyway, here's a link you probably shouldn't ignore...but then again, you probably don't give a flying @^#&
http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.co...
please

Beaverton, OR

#7 Nov 5, 2010
you are literally too stupid to insult. im for MM to save my life, you're against it because you're afraid of one of the least harmful substances in the world. there's no increase in crime from marijuana in amsterdam, the potency has not increased in twenty years (look it up if you don't believe me), the link i brought forward proved cannabis can cure cancers (but you probably didn't read it because you're too ignorant or old to accept the truth). you want to talk long term cannabis use. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SMOKING WEED FOR 10,000 YEARS, NOT A SINGLE CASE OF CANCER FROM IT! abuse was going to happen anyways, but it's better than having your kids overdose on some percoset or vicodin. genetic modification my ass, it's a plant. hydroponics, maybe 3% increase overall, if that. increased THC highs or harder drugs, you're definitely digging in a pharaohs tomb to find all the treasure's been stolen. the gateway theory doesn't work, unless you want to go on the record and claim that SUGAR leads to harder drugs. look at that, caffeine, painkillers, and obesity kill more people than pot and they don't even get a warning label. you think you've won, take a look at the latest polls. the gap is slimming (a little more than 3,000 votes deciding last i heard), and we've still yet to hear the latest ballots come out of Pima county, which is weighing heavily in favor. drugs (methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, LDS) are the problem, cannabis is the cure. you want to talk facts about the drug war, understand this: the US government spent billions of dollars importing and distributing peruvian cocaine into our streets, FACT. MDMA and LSD were and are still produced and distributed onto our streets by our government, FACT. pharmaceutical companies, law enforcement agencies, and prison cells will be suffer the worst if marijuana is legalized, FACT. they're afraid because you can't regulate nature. don't go telling me where to live, either, because that just pisses me off. you try finding work and having that fact that you were supposed to die six months ago, but you took up smoking pot on your record. one thing i've been told since i developed the TUMOR IN MY BRAIN, is that the only constant is change. im not quoting that dunce obama, so don't even go there. what is your problem with marijuana, anyway, besides all the lies your parents fed you? you want to bring more arguments that have been busted a decade ago, bring it on.

Since: Sep 10

Cottonwood, AZ

#8 Nov 5, 2010
Stop with all your complaining!

We all know you want your pot and can't get it legal so you have top break the law to use,and you just want to defend why you think you should be allowed to use this drug! Trying to make yourself feel better about it or something?

I have known a lot of people with a lot of different medical conditions, and they never used marijuana!
I have known people with cancer, by the way there are cancer medicines out now that do not cause the nausea side effects!

No matter how much you argue with me your pot will still be illegal in the great sunny state of Arizona! So you bring it on and take it out of AZ!
please

Beaverton, OR

#9 Nov 5, 2010
no, dickhead, i'd just prefer to live with a treatment that actually does work. i think curing an incurable disease with the only medication that can possibly do that is reason enough to defend the 'tree of life' as the bible recognized it. and yes, i am trying to feel better, without poisoning myself with that pharmaceutical crap. if you were in my shoes, you'd do the same, believe it or not. like i said, don't get your hopes up. the final count isn't in yet.
please

Beaverton, OR

#10 Nov 5, 2010
delirium, insomnia, loss of appetite, vomiting, loss of vision, numbnmess, memory loss. but at least i got rid of my NAUSEA, right? when i was diagnosed twelve months ago, they laid out my options. i would have gone through with the surgery if my tumor wasn't growing on the brain stem. radiation therapy didn't do a thing. i stopped taking your 'cancer medicine' because it was costing me three grand a month and my weight was dropping to less than 100 pounds. on the verge of suicide, a friend threw me a bag of pot. what do you know. within minutes of taking a puff i could eat, i could sleep, i remembered what life was worth living for. ask any one of your so called 'friends' with cancer, see if any of them like the status quo, ask which of them have done their research on this medication. i'd like to live my life, and not in fear or behind bars, true. but i'd also like to live my life, regardless of what idiots like you believe is going to happen. im not a pothead, im a patient. MEDICAL ISN'T LEGAL, SO STOP SAYING IT. whether this proposition passes or not, i'll continue to self-medicate. regardless of what you say or do, it'll be on the next measure in 2 years and by then, a lot more of you inconsiderate, racist punks will be in the dirt and then it'll pass.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Nov 5, 2010
wow, teabagger. you wouldn't get common sense if glenn beck slapped you across the face with his book

Since: Sep 10

Cottonwood, AZ

#12 Nov 5, 2010
And you Pot head Stoner would wake up if and smell the coffee if Keith Olbermann beat the crap out of you!!
jesterjay27 wrote:
wow, teabagger. you wouldn't get common
sense if glenn beck slapped you across the face with his book

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 5, 2010
i suppose that means you're calling 49.84% of arizonans pot head stoners? at least this far along, 160,000 ballots left to count. i've got a courteous, considerate term, being the wasteless, worthless drug addict i am that works 40 hours a week and supports his kids, all the while maintaining my 'habit.' i call those kind of people 'informed.'

every logical debate thus far advocating cannabis, you call them foolish and keep referring to medicinal marijuana patients as little more than stains on a carpet just looking for a fix. who's the adult in this situation? you're the epitomy of close-mindedness, and even though you mean well, you need to wake up and take an uppercut from this guy i know called steve cohen.

while you're at it, stop berating people for having an opinion different from your own. where does demeaning people over the internet get you anywhere in this day and age.
For MM and Dont smoke it

United States

#14 Nov 9, 2010
For all you dumb a** people who don't have a CLUE, let me tell you something Prop 203 needed a Valid note from a REAL DOCTOR, than it still had to be approved via the HEALTH DEPARTMENT. Not just any tom, dick, or harry can get it. this was for people who can't deal with how RX drugs mess them up. Which by the way MOST of the RX's that these pepole take are way more dangerous to others when lets say they have to go to the store and what do you know there on the road with YOU and your kids. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather be on the road with someone who had a couple hits off a joint than some one who took a bunch of morphine or some other intense pain pill. So lets see instead of helping people who are truely sick and are dying from lack of nutrition (yes weed helps them eat) lets let them all go through there pain sick from meds and chemo instead of helping them with a ALL NATURAL pain aid,that also helps them to keep weight on. GOD FORBID YOU EVER NEED IT! I truely hope you don't ever need it teaparty.(p.s. patients tha use it also can make a tea out of it) Oh and at least the MM supports dont mess with the AZ flag, some patriot you are. I find that very offensive, since I was BORN here! New law only true NATIVE'S from AZ CAN VOTE!!!!

Oh and nevermind helping Arizona's budget which taxes off of the MM would help aid in the budget crisis, but why would you care and vote for something that would help this state.

So you can go to the bar and drink something that KILLS millions of people each year and yet you can't get something that GOD put on this earth that would SAVE Thousands each year. Go figure
please

Beaverton, OR

#15 Nov 12, 2010
told you not to get your hopes up, prop 203's now ahead 4,000 votes. looks the majority of this state has a heart after all.
IT PASSED

Mesa, AZ

#16 Nov 13, 2010
MM is legal in Arizona. Prepare to see dispensaries, automobile incidents, a red-eyed public, and whatever else you fear come alive.

Keep your shorts on, it is still illegal to smoke without a prescription but at least the good stuff is finally in town (and being grown in our backyard!) Can't wait to see supply and demand in effect on this one. This weed will be affordable again and watch the world open up to it. Awesome!

You've wasted more than a week waving your flag like it wasn't too early to tell and now you look like an idiot and all these stupid lame pot head stoners proved to be correct? 4421 more Arizonians see the fallacious thinking that led to prohibition. Soon states like... gasp.. "Mexifornia" (seriously, you said that?) will regulate the substance and sell it like alcohol and tobacco.

The point is: IT DID PASS IN THIS ELECTION -- ACCEPT IT! Otherwise, there is a gun in the dresser, sleeping pills in the medicine cabinet, and razor blades in the garage!
Jordan Heller

Chandler, AZ

#17 Nov 14, 2010
Bwahahahahahahah it PASSED all you HATERS. LOL.. EAT THAT .. HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW??? STUH STUH STOOOOOPID???? LOOOOL. REPUBLICANS=FAIL TIGHT ASSES=FAIL WE=WIN!!!!

“Brain Kneader”

Since: Sep 10

EVERYWHERE

#19 Nov 14, 2010
Let's start packin..........BOWLS.
Ha ha sweet.
Sammy

Scottsdale, AZ

#20 Nov 14, 2010
Psssst.... Tea Party Patriot, AZ voters-1 You-0. ;-)
Tea Party Patriot wrote:
And you Pot head Stoner would wake up if and smell the coffee if Keith Olbermann beat the crap out of you!!
<quoted text>
Down with Fascist Pigs

Bismarck, ND

#21 Nov 15, 2010
Tea Party Patriot wrote:
Arizonans did not want this drug legal!! We saw through the "medical argument"! The few states that have a legalized marijuana have seen a increased fatality rate on the roads, and highways from legalizing this "weed"! One less problem we will have in AZ!! It was a good election all the way around!
Looks like this story is just poor reporting.

Despite overwhelming ignorance IT DID PASS. So stick that in your narrow minded pipe and smoke it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cottonwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bo Wilson Performs in Las Vegas' House of Blues (Jun '15) Jun 19 Wagonmaster 11
Firehouse Donuts and Leah Phelps (Dec '15) Jun 9 Icantbelievethisi... 26
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) Jun 7 Sarah 254
Cottonwood Arizona is a pathetic joke ! (Oct '08) Jun 6 Happy 45
Review: REDROCK PRECISION MOTORS (Nov '13) May '16 Bobby 7
Is Cottonwood very pet friendly? May '16 Marie 2
Ted Cruz and John Kasich are Fake Conservatives Apr '16 Go figr 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cottonwood Mortgages