Cottonwood Arizona is a pathetic joke !

Posted in the Cottonwood Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Earl

Thoreau, NM

#1 Oct 31, 2008
Instead of creating meaningful jobs for it's citizens , what does Cottonwood Arizona do ? Provide free tours of the county prison !
laughing

Cottonwood, AZ

#2 Nov 2, 2008
Earl..are you an inmate? Did they interrupt your down time?

Private citizens are supposed to create jobs...NOT government!! We are in such a deep deficit in this nation because the government has tried to take care of its citizens. Get off your BUTT and create some jobs, instead of complaining!!

“Because you are.......a Puppet”

Since: Feb 08

Camp Verde

#3 Nov 3, 2008
Cottonwood has done a great deal of job creating in my time. There is continual development of businesses, and shopping places, where we can get a job. Now the work has begun on the dividing of S.R. 260 between there and Camp Verde, thus giving some more work. Plans are also in play for further development between CV and Cottonwood, thus bringing more jobs. Get the facts, before the judgment.
And that is a lot of complaining for someone who does not even live in the Verde Valley.
Earl

Tularosa, NM

#4 Nov 3, 2008
BahamutsKingdom wrote:
Cottonwood has done a great deal of job creating in my time. There is continual development of businesses, and shopping places, where we can get a job. Now the work has begun on the dividing of S.R. 260 between there and Camp Verde, thus giving some more work. Plans are also in play for further development between CV and Cottonwood, thus bringing more jobs. Get the facts, before the judgment.
And that is a lot of complaining for someone who does not even live in the Verde Valley.
That is not true I do live in the Verde Valley and I do know what is going on ! What jobs ? Working at the Walmart , the Goodwill ? Cottonwood has more people in prison for selling meth than ones holding real jobs ! If it wasn't for the old town mission there would be mass starvation in Cottonwood ! Get off the crystal meth and get into the real world of 2008 ! Cottonwood is a total joke !
Earl

Thoreau, NM

#5 Nov 4, 2008
Don't forget if any of you have the misfortune to visit Cottonwood see the gestapo police force the enforcers of the corrupt city government !
laughing

Cottonwood, AZ

#6 Nov 4, 2008
Earl wrote:
Don't forget if any of you have the misfortune to visit Cottonwood see the gestapo police force the enforcers of the corrupt city government !
Are you an inmate at the jail? or on crystal meth?
Earl

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Nov 4, 2008
laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an inmate at the jail? or on crystal meth?
No ! Are you ?
Troubled Youth

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Nov 7, 2008
Both of you have a valid point. I have seen it all for myself.

It costs us(tax payers)$40,000 a year to house an inmate at C.V. If we had a program to help educate the youth of the V.V., many of them wouldn't have grown up to be meth heads living at the grey bar hotel on our dime. The Boys and Girls Club has tried to bring education and programs to Cottonwood in an attempt to change exactly what you're referring to. Problem is that the Cottonwood Community won't support the Clubs cause, resulting in Club closure and 100+ kids standing in front of Fry's and Safeway, Shoplifting and other things, leaving themselves open to be influenced by the Meth Heads, Pot Heads and Alcoholics that live in Cottonwood. Remember the article regarding Home Depot and how many applicants Failed the Drug Test? Jobs were provided then and look who showed up to go to work, Stoners!

We, the residents of the V.V., are a product of our own society. If you want to bitch at someone we should first do it in the mirror, the reaction from that person in the mirror is the same you should expect on the street from a stranger.
SWF

Westerville, OH

#9 Nov 18, 2008
I visited Cottonwood five years ago and I thought it was very nice. The people were very friendly and sweet natured. It was a very nice experience, overall. I hope to return someday soon, now that gas prices are falling.
oilman_15106

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Nov 21, 2008
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>That is not true I do live in the Verde Valley and I do know what is going on ! What jobs ? Working at the Walmart , the Goodwill ? Cottonwood has more people in prison for selling meth than ones holding real jobs ! If it wasn't for the old town mission there would be mass starvation in Cottonwood ! Get off the crystal meth and get into the real world of 2008 ! Cottonwood is a total joke !
I guess they moved Superior to the Verde Valley? But anyway the median household income in Cottonwood is $34,215 and only $33,785 in Superior, so I guess based on this Cottonwood is not doing too bad. Take you anger elsewhere, my guess is you got a ticket for something and want to blame anyone but yourself.
Dan

Big Bear Lake, CA

#11 Nov 30, 2008
So, Earl, what have you done for cottonwood?
Grammy

Prescott Valley, AZ

#12 Dec 7, 2008
Just for your info, the jail was giving fee tours in order to explain why the proposed jail tax was so important. If it would have passed, there would be more jobs and the jail would not have to close down one wing and there is a shortage of correctional officers and they can't hire anymore because of the budget. If you had taken a tour you would have known this and voted yes for the proposition. That would have created more jobs and made our jail a safer place to work.
Earl

Thoreau, NM

#13 Dec 31, 2008
Dan wrote:
So, Earl, what have you done for cottonwood?
What have I done for Cottonwood ? I pay taxes to get that worthless sh*t hole of a "city" going !!!!!
Ladmo

Glendale, AZ

#14 Jan 1, 2009
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>What have I done for Cottonwood ? I pay taxes to get that worthless sh*t hole of a "city" going !!!!!
What do want? A football stadium?
oldmesa

Englewood, CO

#15 Jan 4, 2009
ladmo, now theres i name i have not heard in years 35 to be exact. ah, the good ole days, hurry home from school to watch the wallace n ladmo show in black and white tv. yea i`m old.hehehe
troubled youth

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Jan 5, 2009
I have lived in Sedona for nearly 30 years now. I started at the bottom and have worked my to the middle. I am raising my family here and hope that they will raise their's here as well.

Here is something I wrote awhile back for this Forum.

In my younger years I worked at the Chevron Station at the "Y". It was a Full Service station back then and I was making $2.85 an hour, minimum wage for a high school kid. It was the busiest corner in the Southwest and we would get fuel deliveries almost nightly. Sometimes there would be 4 or 5 cars lined up waiting for me to check the oil, tires and give the windshield a swipe. Most were Visitors seeking Sedona's splendor that made the trip across the northland or braved the desert, always tempting fate by not turning off the A/C as they came up the hill from Black Canyon City. Remember the little sign on the right hand side at the bottom?

Mother Nature made Sedona what it is today, we are just her translators. Sedona is known, not only for it's beauty, but for the warm and friendly people that live here and we have spoke to the Visitors in such a way that they return year after year and in some cases they just decide to stay and help. Thank you, we need that.

So.....

I'd like to think.... that I was the first smiling face they saw, quick to give directions while I was cleaning the bugs off the windshield, "Poco is 2 1/2 miles that way, the VOC is another 4", "Slide Rock, why that's 5 miles up the canyon, have fun and don't forget to remove your wallet and keys, oh and by the way can I check your water and oil in case you sprung a leak on the way up?". People that live in Sedona are always so nice, ever hear that one before?

I'd like to think....that I was also the last smiling face they saw. Cleaning the glass once again so they could take in the views on their way out of town, topping off the tank so they wouldn't have to stop and checking the tires, oil and water for peace of mind that they would arrive home safely. You never know, the next person they meet may not be smiling, then again, that's a different town!

troubled youth

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Jan 5, 2009
I meant for this to go to another Forum.

However, Cottonwood is a great town as well. I have some life long friends that live there, I have a brother that lives there and is raising his family there. There are many wonderful people that have lived the best years of their life in the Verde Valley. Look at the name on the signs of the local businesses or their owners, Mabery, Ortiz, Anderson, Razo, aside from the few immature kids they've had, these are Good Traditional Families with Integrity and Historical Moral Values. The Foundation of a Great Community.

Those of you that dislike Cottonwood should move on. I'm sure the rest of us can take up a collection and move you out somewhere that's nicer in your mind, but not in ours.

Cottonwood needs to have the Bumper Sticker that Sedona was distributing 15 years ago:

"Keep Cottonwood Beautiful, When You Leave, Take Someone With You!"
SWF

Westerville, OH

#18 Jan 5, 2009
troubled youth wrote:
I meant for this to go to another Forum.
However, Cottonwood is a great town as well. I have some life long friends that live there, I have a brother that lives there and is raising his family there. There are many wonderful people that have lived the best years of their life in the Verde Valley. Look at the name on the signs of the local businesses or their owners, Mabery, Ortiz, Anderson, Razo, aside from the few immature kids they've had, these are Good Traditional Families with Integrity and Historical Moral Values. The Foundation of a Great Community.
Those of you that dislike Cottonwood should move on. I'm sure the rest of us can take up a collection and move you out somewhere that's nicer in your mind, but not in ours.
Cottonwood needs to have the Bumper Sticker that Sedona was distributing 15 years ago:
"Keep Cottonwood Beautiful, When You Leave, Take Someone With You!"
Are you taking up collections for those of us that can't stand the asphalt jungles of big cities like Columbus, Ohio and would like to come to Cottonwood? We were there 5 years ago and we could spend just 3 days there. We all felt reborn and also very sorry we had to leave. Just kidding about the collection. That whole area is a whole lot more than breathtaking. Your people are some of the most fantastic folks that we have ever had the priveledge of meeting in our entire lives.
troubled youth

Sedona, AZ

#19 Jan 6, 2009
I've never been to Ohio so I can't comment on what it's like. All I know is that I'm very lucky to live in the Verde Valley and from the sounds of it, the Verde Valley could use more people like yourself.

I would like to see Earl talk like that in front of the Supermarket, odds are he wouldn't, it's just not true and he knows it. He'd be pretty embarrassed to have to repeat what he said and probably lose a few friends as well, those that aren't behind bars that is.
New Day

Westerville, OH

#20 Jan 7, 2009
troubled youth wrote:
I've never been to Ohio so I can't comment on what it's like. All I know is that I'm very lucky to live in the Verde Valley and from the sounds of it, the Verde Valley could use more people like yourself.
I would like to see Earl talk like that in front of the Supermarket, odds are he wouldn't, it's just not true and he knows it. He'd be pretty embarrassed to have to repeat what he said and probably lose a few friends as well, those that aren't behind bars that is.
Ohio does have it's good points, including Columbus. I'm sure that people that live in Phoenix or Tucson feel the same way about asphalt jungles as I do. But Cottonwood is indeed a fantastic place at least based on my very brief (too short) experience. But thank you for the compliment. But never once did I ever think that Cottonwood is or was "a pathetic joke."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cottonwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Dolly Bible / Rogers Dec 5 llw39 1
Earthquake Felt In Area Dec 5 Sedona and Flagstaff 1
Taco Bell/KFC Closed in Sedona! (Oct '11) Dec 3 Reality Check 21
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) Dec 3 roxfoxmusic 239
Polski looks at the dome house in Dewey Nov 18 Polski 1
Pulsic sucks Nov 18 Polski 14
Panhandlers at Fry's are Scammers!! Nov '14 Larry 1
Cottonwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cottonwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cottonwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cottonwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]