3 arrested in recent Sumner Co. rapes...

3 arrested in recent Sumner Co. rapes, home invasions

There are 44 comments on the WSMV-TV 4 News story from Jun 20, 2012, titled 3 arrested in recent Sumner Co. rapes, home invasions. In it, WSMV-TV 4 News reports that:

Police in Sumner County have arrested three men in connection with a two recent home invasions and rapes in Gallatin and Castalian Springs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSMV-TV 4 News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yolanda

Hendersonville, TN

#1 Jun 20, 2012
Police in Sumner County have arrested three men in connection with a two recent home invasions and rapes in Gallatin and Castalian Springs.
Investigators said in both cases, two men entered homes during the night, raped the female victims and fled taking various items from the homes.
The incidents occurred at a home on Jill Street in Gallatin and another on Harsh Lane in Castalian Springs in early June.
Emonnie D. Branch Jr., 18, of Hendersonville, TN, and Mitchell Beverly, 22, of Semmes, AL were arrested in Goodlettsville, TN, on Tuesday in the case. Those arrests led investigators to later take into custody Dwayne Fleming, 20, of Hendersonville, TN.
Mr Bolton

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Jun 21, 2012
Thanks Beech High School for trying to win Football games but please lets keep the garbege out of Hendersonville.
charges

Hendersonville, TN

#5 Jun 21, 2012
On June 12, Branch and Fleming allegedly broke into a home at 11:30 p.m. on Harsh Lane, a rural road off of Hartsville Pike, while a husband and wife were sleeping. The men ordered the victims to the floor and tied up the husband with bed sheets. Branch then took the woman into the master bedroom and “raped her repeatedly,” the arrest affidavit said.
The arrest affidavits said Beverly had lived at the Castalian Springs address before, but there was no indication he had resided with the victims.
“Beverly, Jr. had provided the location for the burglary and the layout of the house at ... Harsh Lane as he had previously lived there,” one affidavit read.“Beverly accompanied Branch and Fleming ... and waited in the car while they entered the house.”
The trio escaped with over $10,000 in stolen property from the home.
Two days later, on June 14, Branch and Beverly allegedly broke into a house on Jill Street, in Gallatin, with black bandanas over their faces – one armed with a handgun, the other with a baseball bat. Four adults in the home were ordered to the ground and the assailants demanded money.
One of the residents, a young woman who neighbors have described as being in her early 20s, was taken to a rear bedroom and raped by Branch while the other people in the house were prevented from leaving by Beverly, according to information in the affidavit.
Branch and Beverly reportedly stole electronics, jewelry, cash and other items from the home.
The arrest report said Fleming had told Branch and Beverly about a weapon and money inside the Jill Street residence.

Pawned items tipped off police
Beverly was also charged Wednesday with aggravated robbery, stemming from an armed robbery of a store manager at the New Shackle Island Market on New Shackle Island Road in Hendersonville on Sunday.

Police located the men after some of the items from the Castalian Springs incident turned up at a pawn shop. Branch and Beverly were tracked down Tuesday in the Dickerson Road area of Goodlettsville, and officers found gloves, dark clothes, black and blue bandanas, knives and a pistol in their vehicle.

Police affidavits said Beverly confessed to his involvement in the Gallatin home invasion, and indicated he had been an accomplice to Branch.

Branch is charged with aggravated rape, four counts of especially aggravated rape, kidnapping, aggravated burglary, and four counts of aggravated robbery. He was placed in custody on a $2 million composite bond.

Beverly is charged with facilitation to commit aggravated rape, four counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, kidnapping, four counts of aggravated robbery and aggravated burglary, according to arrest affidavits. His bond was set at $500,000.

Fleming is charged with facilitation of aggravated burglary and facilitation of aggravated robbery, with a bond of $1.5 million.

Prior arrests
Fleming had pled guilty in December to two counts of statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl. He was given a suspended jail sentence and was out on probation when the crimes took place. His probation sentence was for two years, ending in December 2013, according to court records.

According to the arrest affidavit in that case, Fleming, 18 at the time, had a 13-year-old perform oral sex on him in his bedroom on Oct. 1, Oct. 15, Nov. 1 and Nov. 15, 2010.

Branch had already been facing charges of underage consumption, evading arrest and theft under $500 from an incident in May.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the three men remained in custody at the Sumner County Jail.
unbelievable

Hendersonville, TN

#7 Jun 21, 2012
What's wrong with these kids???
Robert

Hendersonville, TN

#8 Jun 24, 2012
I have heard that one of them have drug dealing parents and that they may have played a part in the crimes.
Ethan

Hendersonville, TN

#10 Jun 26, 2012
I heard they done the same thing in other areas
and didn't get caught.
Officer Stadanko

United States

#11 Jun 26, 2012
Ethan wrote:
I heard they done the same thing in other areas
and didn't get caught.
well we got em they went down and now the homeboys can rape them for a while and rob them for their smokes!
Milsurpfan

Hendersonville, TN

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Alarm systems and .45 ACP are wonderful things!
Officer Stadanko

United States

#13 Jun 26, 2012
Milsurpfan wrote:
Alarm systems and .45 ACP are wonderful things!
not if ya let em in!! All ya gotta do is don't answer the door!!!!!no gun needed!
Officer Stadanko

United States

#14 Jun 26, 2012
Robert wrote:
I have heard that one of them have drug dealing parents and that they may have played a part in the crimes.
I heard your a crackhead is that what your parents taught ya?lol lmao!!!!!!!!!! Watch your self or I'll take you to jail!!
Good job pawn 2

United States

#15 Jun 26, 2012
Officer Stadanko wrote:
<quoted text> I heard your a crackhead is that what your parents taught ya?lol lmao!!!!!!!!!! Watch your self or I'll take you to jail!!
AND YOU SAY UR COP "Crackhead" NICE WORD TO USE !!!!!!
Good job pawn 2

United States

#16 Jun 26, 2012
Your a cop you must be from gallatin !!!
Officer Stadanko

United States

#17 Jun 26, 2012
Good job pawn 2 wrote:
Your a cop you must be from gallatin !!!
yessir I'm proud to be one of gallatins finest I started out as a jailer busting balls and worked my way up to directing traffic at high school football games and on 4th of july at the park and now I'm in a black and white charger!!!! I make 10.dallars an hour now!!! I'm so proud I have one of those little balls hanging out of my pocket.....don't make me pull my keychain ball out!!! Nobody picks on me for sure now buddy! So watch out when you come thru my sector charlie!!! You'll be sorry!
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#18 Jun 26, 2012
Officer Stadanko wrote:
<quoted text>yessir I'm proud to be one of gallatins finest I started out as a jailer busting balls and worked my way up to directing traffic at high school football games and on 4th of july at the park and now I'm in a black and white charger!!!! I make 10.dallars an hour now!!! I'm so proud I have one of those little balls hanging out of my pocket.....don't make me pull my keychain ball out!!! Nobody picks on me for sure now buddy! So watch out when you come thru my sector charlie!!! You'll be sorry!
Impersonating an officer. Nice. Think I'll give my friendly neighborhood police chief a call and direct his attention to this post.
Officer Stadanko

United States

#19 Jun 26, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Impersonating an officer. Nice. Think I'll give my friendly neighborhood police chief a call and direct his attention to this post.
10-4 there holster sniffer!! Maybe you could write your congressman too!! We need more good sheep like you! I didn't get your name? Oh that's right your a scared little person who runs to us for protection!! Don't worry nice lady we at the PD have ya covered! And by the way my chief is Buford T. Justice of Texas!!! So your chief don't have juristiction over me I'm up here chasing a fugitive named the Bandit!!!! And remember the goddamn germans don't have anything to do with it!!!
Joey

United States

#20 Jun 26, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
don't you see this clown is just messing with you guys!!! And you all take him serious? That's what's Funny! He only says that crap to get a responce from you! Leave him alone he'll go away! He's no more a cop than I am!
Shocked

United States

#21 Jun 27, 2012
I knew one of these guys back when he was in junior high, and he was the sweetest, most mannerly kid. I am heartsick about this. He was truly a good kid, and believe me, I have seen my share of kids already acting the fools by that age. This kid was not one of them. So sad...
Criminal Justice Major

Lebanon, TN

#22 Jun 27, 2012
I talked to Emonnie D. Branch Jr. a few weeks ago when he was talking to a friend of mine. I told her then he was bad news. I told her he was immature and she shouldn't talk to him because it was something about him that just didn't set well with me. When she told me about this i didn't believe it beacause i couldn't believe i was right about this cat. He was a total jerk. He thought he was so hard doing what he was doing on the streets. Well I'm glad when he go to prison he will finally realize how much a punk he will be when they get in his ass.
Nomatter

Tacoma, WA

#23 Jun 30, 2012
I know the woman he raped. You people should shut up and not be so flippant. This ruined lives
JellyBean

Brentwood, TN

#24 Jul 11, 2012
Mr Bolton wrote:
Thanks Beech High School for trying to win Football games but please lets keep the garbege out of Hendersonville.
Excuse me but don't think for a minute that Beech doesn't have garbage alreADY!! What? You think cuz it's hendersonville that theres no trash there?? HA!! Who do you think you are?? Get real dude! You're a racist, snob idiot with a pea brain!! Hendersonville SUCKS!!!! Just like all the folks who live there!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cottontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitney Beasley ... (May '15) 22 min BLOODGANG 22
White House Masonic lodge 700 gone down hill 3 hr Mr Wow 2
Beretta temp service 6 hr Jbs123 1
News Hillary For Tennessee To Open Chattanooga Offic... Sat Justice 1
Scott Sadler Sat Justice 1
Ryan Grzyb Sat Distraught 1
Who is this Person? Sat n8v2hvl 2

Cottontown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance