Remembering Jim Sell

Remembering Jim Sell

There are 12 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Feb 6, 2006, titled Remembering Jim Sell. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

February 6, 2006--Posted at 7:30 p.m. CST BLYTHEVILLE , AR -- A routine traffic stop Saturday in Gassville ended with the shooting of an area police officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

Jimmy Kuykendall

Conway, AR

#1 Feb 7, 2006
I remember Cpt Jim Sell from the Blytheville Police Department. He was my supervisor for over 6 years when I was a correctional officer in the Corrections Division at Blytheville Police department. There was never a dull moment while he was in charge and he look out for his men of the corrections department. If there was a problem he was there to help solve it no matter what time of day or night it maybe. He was always only a phone call away. He loved to fish and he talked often of his retirement from BPD. He took me and another fellow officer to where he was building his retirement and showed us around. Showed us a great time and he always had a smile on his face when he talked to us. He was a great man and well liked by all of us in the Corrections Department. He was a fair man and very down to earth. I really enjoyed working under his command. It is truly a sad moment for us who knew him. My prayers go out to his daugther and family. God bless. Rest in Peace Jim you will be missed.
Jimmy Kuykendall aka J1.
Big Boy

Germantown, TN

#2 Jul 7, 2007
Jimmy Kuykendall wrote:
I remember Cpt Jim Sell from the Blytheville Police Department. He was my supervisor for over 6 years when I was a correctional officer in the Corrections Division at Blytheville Police department. There was never a dull moment while he was in charge and he look out for his men of the corrections department. If there was a problem he was there to help solve it no matter what time of day or night it maybe. He was always only a phone call away. He loved to fish and he talked often of his retirement from BPD. He took me and another fellow officer to where he was building his retirement and showed us around. Showed us a great time and he always had a smile on his face when he talked to us. He was a great man and well liked by all of us in the Corrections Department. He was a fair man and very down to earth. I really enjoyed working under his command. It is truly a sad moment for us who knew him. My prayers go out to his daugther and family. God bless. Rest in Peace Jim you will be missed.
Jimmy Kuykendall aka J1.

Wassup Big Pokey?
Anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 15, 2007
Big Boy kiss off. I don't care what all you have said about Jim Sells. He was a decent man and will be missed by many ppl and I don't just mean the police officers and law enforcement officials of Blytheville. He was a sweetheart to me as a child. I will miss you always Jim. You always cared about me and my family and we about yours.
BigBoy

Germantown, TN

#4 Aug 24, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
Big Boy kiss off. I don't care what all you have said about Jim Sells. He was a decent man and will be missed by many ppl and I don't just mean the police officers and law enforcement officials of Blytheville. He was a sweetheart to me as a child. I will miss you always Jim. You always cared about me and my family and we about yours.
As*hole, I worked with Captain Sells and Big Pokey for years! What is your problem, idiot? Yes, the Captain was a good, fair honest man and he is truly missed by me and a lot of others, so what the hell is your problem, fool?
thoughts and prayers

Belle, MO

#5 Aug 31, 2007
This is just sad. My prayers for the fallen officers family and friends.
I hope they find who was responsible for this horrible act.
old friend

United States

#6 Aug 31, 2007
JIM WAS TRULY A GOOD MAN AND A GOOD OFFICER IT'S
A SHAME WE DON'T HAVE MORE LIKE HIM AROUND BLYTHEVILLE NOW. IT SURE WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE.
Clem

Friendship, AR

#7 Aug 31, 2007
Jim was a man who new the value of a good talking to, or a verbal warning serving just as good as a citation. He was someone that I looked up to in Blytheville----one of this cities finest ever.
BigBoy

Germantown, TN

#8 Aug 31, 2007
thoughts and prayers wrote:
This is just sad. My prayers for the fallen officers family and friends.
I hope they find who was responsible for this horrible act.
The punk that did this was killed by officers later. He was the same guys that shot all those people in that bar up north and was on the run when he ran across Captain Sells.

“Life Is A Twisted Reality”

Since: Oct 07

Piggott, AR

#9 Oct 19, 2007
I agree to all of you, i knew officer sells both as a officer and as a person being a ex firefighter of gassville/midway myself.....good man, he will be missed
Old Acquaintance

United States

#10 Oct 23, 2007
I have been best friends with his daughter for 16 years and he was a wonderful person. He is still missed to this day by the family and friends who love him. Right now, prayers need to go out to his daughter...Her son passed last Tuesday. He was only 27. This is a terrible time for the family right now.
Special

West Memphis, AR

#12 Jul 22, 2012
Jim Sell was a very good man,but more than that...a friend when you needed him. I will miss you Jim,my Special friiend
friend

United States

#13 Jul 22, 2012
Yes, he was a good man, lived across the street from me, does anyone know where his sons are?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cotter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mountain home yard sale site on facebook 1 hr unbelievable 9
Grouchy people 4 hr Guest 9
Richest in Mtn Home..? 5 hr Guest 9
workers 5 hr guest 13
Starbucks coming to old Harps 6 hr Guest 8
New school Administrator 6 hr Guest 9
Gastons 6 hr Guest 8
More from around the web

Cotter People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE