newcomer

Barnesville, OH

#1 Jan 10, 2011
I am new to this area and even though i don't live within the city's limits can anyone answer this burning question?? IS the city of cottageville doing away with their officers and going under the county??
My personnal opinion is I hope they do get rid of them!! We are known as one of the top speed traps by national reports (goggle speed traps in SC)
For such a small city to have such a bad label its a shame...
star

Fort Washington, MD

#2 Jan 17, 2011
Be CAREFUL in cottageville because they play by their on rules. I grew up their and live in md now. Hope they don't because then they will get a light install lol
resident

Walterboro, SC

#3 Jan 18, 2011
We don't want any traffic lights here!
newcomer

Murphy, NC

#4 Jan 20, 2011
I don't really care if they put up a stop light, theres flashing ones now, BUT is the city doing away with the city's police dept??
I do know from experience, when a city does not have their own police force then they must "contract" with the sheriff, state highway police, or some other agency for protection. And what services they may get for their money may cost more than having their own department. If my opinion...
newcomer

Murphy, NC

#5 Jan 20, 2011
I'm sorry folks!! I'm referring to the City of Cottageville, SC,, OPPS!!! so I'm not in orangeburg..LOL sorry for not clarifing this...
resident

Walterboro, SC

#6 Jan 22, 2011
There is still a police dept in cottageville. Our own.
newcomer

Niota, TN

#7 Jul 12, 2011
well well, after listening to the news last night, seems they DID want to get rid of the cottageville cops. THEN Colleton Co Sheriff states they DO NOT have the man power to cover the city's 1100 sq miles and could cost the city $200,000 to 250,000 a year cause the sheriffs office would have to hire more officers. Besides it would take longer for an officer to arrive in an emergency.
So whats the city to do? FIRST STOP hiring "ROGUE Cops". Those who have been fired or dismissed for bad conduct from other police depts.
2nd Offer decent salaries to bring in qualified and trained officers.
3rd STOP this little city being known as a SPEED TRAP and maybe more businesses would want to come here?
4th Bring in RESERVE officers to work inbetween regular officers hours.
5th and MOST important, have the current officers stop their "BAD COP attitude" and work with the people of Cottageville. Its harder to gain trust then it is to be a bully??

This is just MY opinions..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cottageville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In evacuation, all roads lead west 13 hr natosoco 1
R.G. Stair Rebuke Page (Nov '13) Sun MisterWizard 1,291
R.G Stair cult (Mar '13) Aug 9 Hollis 9
Review: Mystic Tiki Tattoo Studio Jul '15 Tamara 1
Shannon and Rick Hartley Jul '15 anonymous 1
Elaine Fogle (Apr '14) Jul '15 james 21
Speed trap for people that aren't even speeding! (Sep '11) Feb '14 frank g 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cottageville Mortgages