Cottage Grove / Facebook party invite...

Cottage Grove / Facebook party invite backfires on underage dri...

There are 52 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Cottage Grove / Facebook party invite backfires on underage dri.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Topping $3 a gallon, gasoline isn't cheap these days. Now, one North Oaks man's sophisticated system allegedly designed to steal it highlights the growing problem of gas thefts in the Twin Cities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mark Z

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 18, 2008
Dumb kids, who would promote such a party online, haha.
HCR

Hopkins, MN

#3 Mar 19, 2008
Bravo and kudos to the police! and the Reservist who found it.
JCT

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 19, 2008
It's a different world out there for the kids with online sources. I used to love going to big keggers, they'd get raided too back in the 70's.

“Winter”

Since: Mar 08

SLP

#5 Mar 19, 2008
This is just the beginning of the myspace facebook generation getting caught. Some of these kids will be lucky to get jobs in the future after airing all of their dirty laundry for the world to read! They don't understand that headhunters, employment agencies and other background checking firms are all using software to grab each and every profile they can to database. If these dumb kids only knew that the delete button doesn't mean it's gone forever! the good news out of all of this is that I will always have a job.
Randy

Eden Prairie, MN

#6 Mar 19, 2008
JCT wrote:
It's a different world out there for the kids with online sources. I used to love going to big keggers, they'd get raided too back in the 70's.
Of course, we didn't advertise them where every cop in the world could find out about them. Were we smarter back then, or did we just not have the resources of modern-day stupidity?
future

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 19, 2008
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, we didn't advertise them where every cop in the world could find out about them. Were we smarter back then, or did we just not have the resources of modern-day stupidity?
We probably weren't smart -- just didn't have the recouses. I recall doing some pretty stupid things back then.
Pat

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 19, 2008
Here's the thing they were smart enough to know they didn't have to let the cops in the house. Probably not smart enough to know they could get a search warrant. Same thing happened with my boss' kids except it was the parents that told them you don't have to let them in. A lot of these parents look they other way because they don't want to deal with it, are lazy or just want to be their kids "friend" and be cool. In the long run this will hurt these kids because they just think I can do what ever I want and get away with it.
Nick

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Mar 19, 2008
Pretty stupid to spam a completely unrelated group, particularly one targeting teens. Quite a few parties I go to are listed on facebook, and minors do attend some. However the alcohol situation is never listed, you have to call for that sort of info. Think of it as a like a calendar at work, you get a reminder of what is coming up, and you can also view what sort of things your friends are up to the next couple of days (ala open calendar for to those of us in an office setting).
Steve

Atlanta, GA

#10 Mar 19, 2008
Did the police really have nothing better to do than canvass the city looking for signs of a party? I could understand if they were receiving complaints from neighbors, but it doesn't sound like that happened from the article. This is a waste of police resources. I can't believe they would go to the trouble of waking a judge up in the middle of the night to have him/her sign a warrant to bust an underage drinking party. This is stupid on so many levels.
MauiBabe

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 19, 2008
Do you think think the parents of these kids can take a parenting class with Joshua Weber's mom and dad?

Naa..it's already too late.

I am appalled every day of the audacity of teenagers and that sense of entitlement they have grown up with.
TWanda DeMille

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Mar 19, 2008
I think shutting down the internet would be a good start to eliminate the scourge of underage alcohol consumption.
GWBs Fault

Robertsville, MO

#13 Mar 19, 2008
It's George Bush's fault!!!
yes

United States

#14 Mar 19, 2008
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not hire anyone who has fun. I will not hire anyone who drinks underage. wake up fool. or I forgot read a book and go to bed.
Carrie

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Mar 19, 2008
Waking up that judge in the middle of the night probably saved those kids lives.
Steve wrote:
Did the police really have nothing better to do than canvass the city looking for signs of a party? I could understand if they were receiving complaints from neighbors, but it doesn't sound like that happened from the article. This is a waste of police resources. I can't believe they would go to the trouble of waking a judge up in the middle of the night to have him/her sign a warrant to bust an underage drinking party. This is stupid on so many levels.
yes

United States

#16 Mar 19, 2008
I'm sorry, Randy that comment wasn't for you - it was for Kabby. Do you have a life - Kabby? When the last time you got laid - Kabby?
JCT

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Mar 19, 2008
MauiBabe wrote:
Do you think think the parents of these kids can take a parenting class with Joshua Weber's mom and dad?
Naa..it's already too late.
I am appalled every day of the audacity of teenagers and that sense of entitlement they have grown up with.
PUHLEEZ -- don't blame the parents!!! What were you doing when you were a teen??
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#18 Mar 19, 2008
GWBs Fault wrote:
It's George Bush's fault!!!
Normally, you'd be correct. But since Algore invented the internet, you're wrong.

Geez, are these kids morons.
JCT

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Mar 19, 2008
Although I think kids will be kids. I applaud the police, they were doing their job. When the folks are out, Kids will be kids, cops will be cops!

Drinking and driving is serious -- don't want to see anyone get behind the wheel, but kegger parties where fun...I miss those days!!
litcanmnus

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Mar 19, 2008
Steve wrote:
Did the police really have nothing better to do than canvass the city looking for signs of a party?
I would bet you would be singing a different song if some of these kids decided to get in a car and drive home--only to have an accident and injure/kill themselves or others. I applaud the police in being proactive in this matter. I only hope the adults found there get cited for 'providing alcohol for underage consumption.'
mdog smellz

Hopkins, MN

#22 Mar 19, 2008
what a bunch of idiots. figure it out. you can booze it and not get caught LOL!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cottage Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Paul / Porky's drive-in is going for a ride (Apr '11) 19 hr Berand Kirchner 31
News Residents of Inver Grove Heights mobile home pa... (Mar '08) Dec 9 I see dumb ppl 64
News Woman Stole Thousands From Woodbury Surgery Cen... (Sep '14) Nov 27 George Lynch 4
Woodbury MN Air Smells Funny Nov 20 T nutz 2
News Storm blows Rosemount Dairy Queen robbery loot ... (Sep '10) Oct '17 Cazer Int 9
News South St. Paul man charged with sexually assaul... (Mar '10) Oct '17 Davycrockett 152
News Past Afton city administrator says zoning chang... (Sep '08) Oct '17 Attorney 2

Cottage Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cottage Grove Mortgages