Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#197822 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
On same-sex marriage, and on any aspect of gay culture, the Times doesn’t practice journalism, but rather publicity. But the Pew study indicates that this is a problem not only at the Times, but across the news media. The problem is that journalists don’t see it as a problem, because they cannot imagine that anybody could be against same-sex marriage for any reason other than bigotry, and they don’t believe they should be expected to be fair and balanced towards bigots.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
Blah, blah, blah.

The article you cut and paste creates an argument around the fact that there are gays "opposed" to marriage equality. But that sentiment is only reflected in the headline, since that is all most nincompoops like yourself are going to read. The very gay person that this article uses to try and demonstrate the "bias" it is trumping, is very clear, and is quoted as follows, "“I’m not saying that people who want that [marriage] shouldn’t have it but for me, all that matters is the legal stuff.”

So he is hardly "opposed" to gay marriage. There are lots of straight people that find domestic partnerships or civil unions acceptable for themselves, that doesn't mean they are "opposed" to other straight people marrying.

By the way, your post above includes lots of examples of calling things "problems" but never demonstrating why they have been labeled as such. In other words, your cut and paste demonstrates the very bias it is claiming to be able to demonstrate in others. But then, you were probably too stupid to notice that, given your zeal to try and show how you aren't really a bigot!!!!! But you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197823 Jun 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah.
The article you cut and paste creates an argument around the fact that there are gays "opposed" to marriage equality. But that sentiment is only reflected in the headline, since that is all most nincompoops like yourself are going to read. The very gay person that this article uses to try and demonstrate the "bias" it is trumping, is very clear, and is quoted as follows, "“I’m not saying that people who want that [marriage] shouldn’t have it but for me, all that matters is the legal stuff.”
So he is hardly "opposed" to gay marriage. There are lots of straight people that find domestic partnerships or civil unions acceptable for themselves, that doesn't mean they are "opposed" to other straight people marrying.
By the way, your post above includes lots of examples of calling things "problems" but never demonstrating why they have been labeled as such. In other words, your cut and paste demonstrates the very bias it is claiming to be able to demonstrate in others. But then, you were probably too stupid to notice that, given your zeal to try and show how you aren't really a bigot!!!!! But you are.
I support your right to marry your boyfriend sport, no need for all your angry nonsense. Same sex marriage is a reality now, stop worrying and getting angry.

Having said that, Pew Research has found heavy media bias favoring SSM. This is a fact fruitcake. Don't shoot the messenger.

Calm down.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197824 Jun 25, 2013
On same-sex marriage, and on any aspect of gay culture, the media doesn’t practice journalism, but rather publicity.

The problem is that liberal journalists don’t see it as a problem, because they cannot imagine that anybody could be against same-sex marriage for any reason other than bigotry, and they don’t believe they should be expected to be fair and balanced towards bigots.

This is the problem with the liberally biased media on most issues, not just same sex marriage. Any opposition to progressive policies is "bigotry" and therefore worthy of censorship and bias.
jan

Charlottesville, VA

#197825 Jun 25, 2013
So
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197827 Jun 25, 2013
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197831 Jun 25, 2013
That's a red herring!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197832 Jun 25, 2013
What harm would a loving marriage of three consenting adult women cause Jizzy?

Why is he a hypocrite deciding who should be allowed marriage equality based on his hate of religion?

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

#197833 Jun 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue.
I'm on here protecting marriage and family from an impostor relationship by pointing out the conflict with reality of how ss couples fail to equate.
You are consistently threatened by the truth.
Ahh yes thank you so much for protect marriage it are so sacred and holy more 50% of marriage are end in divorce in this cuntry no one better do sumthing messing up that HAHAHAHAHAHA marriage meaning nuthing in this cuntry
Caligula R Us

UK

#197834 Jun 25, 2013
very Caligula wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... Next question...
Tolerance for Caligula, but not for thee?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197835 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>"But I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm in the west when the laws of Canada have already departed from ... monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability"
http://www.google.com/url...
The least you could do is credit the original author.
That author is talking about Canada you moron. But he is asking the same question I am. Why is polygamy illegal? If the gender part of "one man one woman" is now irrelevant why is number part still relevant?
Answer the question Jizzy, don't delete my post and claim it was a violation of TOS.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197838 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>You coppied it changed a couple of words. Theif
Do you have anything relevant Jizzy? You talk about my posts being censored away because they are off topic and violations of TOS but yours are ALWAYS like that and you don't get censored.

All you do is look for a way to attack me. You are a troll and if anyone should be censored it is you.

I hurt your feelings. Man up and discuss the issues. Stop crying.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197839 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>You coppied it changed a couple of words. Theif
*copied
*Thief
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197840 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>ASK your state Reps. Keep it up I will ban ya
At least you now admit your dishonesty and lack of argument. Ban me icehole. And know you're a loser for it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197843 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa you still don't get it do ya. I, me, can not delete your posts. Frank stop insulting everyone, on every post that you make. STOP with the jacka$$, fruitloops and all your other bull. You don't have the ability nor Intelligence to hurt my feelings. You started the crap Frank.
Too funny! Don't cry Jizzy. You underestimated me, You learned a useful albeit painful lesson. You should thank me.

Do you have anything on topic ever? I haven't noticed anything except dopey nonsense from you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197844 Jun 25, 2013
Any opinion Jizzy can't argue against is an insult.

Priceless!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197845 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Frank I have written letters to both my state and federal reps, asking that they put full force behind same sex marriage. If you truly want polygamy to be legal, do the same
Aw, that's nice. Would you write one for polygamy too Jiz?

I don't want to write letters. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without fear, ridicule or censorship.
Lippys

Monrovia, CA

#197847 Jun 25, 2013
You all really need to get a life.

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

#197848 Jun 25, 2013
Lippys wrote:
You all really need to get a life.
Remember when I teech you how spell yore own language HAHAHAHAHA
Sloolies

Monrovia, CA

#197851 Jun 25, 2013
Go away you bunch of ungrateful stoolies.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197852 Jun 25, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Feel free todo so. I am not stopping you. However the topic is not marriage equality.
Prop 8 discriminates against polygamy the same as it does against same sex marriage. You know, EQUALLY. The judge's decision is as relevant to polygamy as it is to same sex marriage.

Don't hog all the relevance. Don't hog all the victimhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Costa Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 22 hr XV11st Los Road K... 1,134
Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) Tue Amy 145
Legit pain n anxiety meds n bath salts Dec 21 Helping Newport 1
Irvine Music Thread (Oct '13) Dec 20 Lil Killer 6
Do you approve of Katrina Foley as Council Member? Dec 19 yehriah tuwish 1
Do you approve of Gary Monahan as Mayor? Dec 19 yehriah tuwish 1
Teen 'Burns From Inside Out' After Allergic Rea... Dec 12 Spotted Girl 4

Costa Mesa News Video

Costa Mesa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Costa Mesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE