Craigslist scam suspect flees custody...

Craigslist scam suspect flees custody leaving behind toddler

There are 18 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Jul 12, 2012, titled Craigslist scam suspect flees custody leaving behind toddler. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

Records from the Cocke County Sheriff's Department say a suspect accused in an Craigslist scam who escaped from jail left behind her 3-year-old when she fled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

POS

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 12, 2012
Really she stole from innocent people then left her son behind? WTH kind of woman is this? Wow, I hope they all get locked up for a long long time.
afb

Nashville, TN

#3 Jul 12, 2012
Stupid c#nt, dragging down others with her miserable excuse of a life. Her children probably got more out of death then out of her life. Serves her right to be such a nasty piece of white trash.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 13, 2012
She was wrong for what she did, she was mistaken for thinking she would get by with it, she was crazy for trying to escape, about as crazy as the ppl who put down a deposit sight unseen. But she was also desperate and payed with her life and left a child behind.
danny

United States

#5 Jul 13, 2012
aactwer wrote:
She was blowing the dude when he crashed the car. Good job Shannon, you died with a dick in your mouth.
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk... You need to get a life down there @ The Bend. P.O.S.!!!!
sad

Nashville, TN

#6 Jul 13, 2012
she left 4 kids
unbelievable

Parsons, TN

#7 Jul 13, 2012
she died in a car wreck in Kentucky
I hate theives

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jul 13, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
She was wrong for what she did, she was mistaken for thinking she would get by with it, she was crazy for trying to escape, about as crazy as the ppl who put down a deposit sight unseen. But she was also desperate and payed with her life and left a child behind.
I know at least some of the people that were scamed by these theives didn't put the deposit on the home site unseen. At least one of the women that were involved in the scam was actually living in it at the time. She would often "show" the home and stated the people that were currently living there were moving out.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 14, 2012
Ok so some did and some didn't, the ppl THAT DID were crazy for putting a deposit down site unseen.
sad

Nashville, TN

#10 Jul 14, 2012
The Kayla girl was the one who lived in the house. She was evicted or moved out or something. She trashed the place too.
only GOD can judge us

Lenoir City, TN

#11 Jul 14, 2012
only GOD knows what drove her to do this and maybe she had decided to turn herself in and thats why they turned around and were headed back when the accident happened
whatever

Nashville, TN

#12 Jul 17, 2012
How do you know that was the truth, unless you're family. Sounds to me you're taking up for a woman who was a useless piece of trash.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 18, 2012
She didn't say positively she had decided to turn herself in, she said "maybe". What difference does it make? She made a mistake, she made some wrong decisions, she hurt people, she's no different than anyone else but not everyone deserves to have death wished on them. If she had killed someone, I could see where living by the sword and dying by the sword was a justified punishment, but she didn't commit that harsh a crime to deserve such harsh comments about her accidental death. She's gone, the scam they were running is busted and hopefully the people who were accomplices will be made to repay the money they stole while serving their time.
Lets be real

Nashville, TN

#14 Jul 18, 2012
This woman did have a family and she did leave her kids behind and she did make horrible choices and she did choose the life she lived but she was also a mother,daughter,sister,aunt, you get the picture and the kids that was left behind need to have good thoughts to remember her by not other peoples opinions that did NOT know her or knew what was going on in her life. Just as she affected others with her ways and her words remember you may also be affecting others with your words. Your entitled to your opinions as was she as am I but let's be real here I'm sure you know someone that has made a bad dissuion in their life that they've had to deal with and I'm sure when they did you wasn't standing in line to throw the first stone. She's now being judged by the only one that matters and I have enough faith to believe that's the only judging she needs or that mAtters at this point. Just a little something for everyone to think about!!
haha

Nashville, TN

#15 Jul 19, 2012
I'll throw the first 5 stones. I did know her, she did this for easy money. Not hospital bills, she had Medicaid. She mooched off of foodstamps as much as she could. She sold drugs and she scammed people. Had she not ran because she was GUILTY she would be alive. She did this to herself and her kids. Maybe these kids need to see these comments to assure they don't become anything like her. As for her son involved he looks like he's well on his way to prison. If heaven is as grand as you say it is, I hope she went to hell because she didn't deserve anything good.
Lets be real

Nashville, TN

#16 Jul 19, 2012
I didn't say she wasn't guilty personally I believe she scammed the money for a drug problem or a drug problem of her boyfriend or the son that was involved theres thousands of ppl with a drug problem pills mostly and it's destroying homes and families every where. But who are you to say what she deserves no matter what she done her family and kids deserve to at least lay her down to rest in peace. What she done was wrong if she would've scammed me I would've been mad but death over a scam is a bit harsh. She deserved to go to jail loose her freedom and think about the ppl she hurt and spend the rest of her life making it right and teaching her kids that's not the right way to make a living. If she chose to get out of jail and continue that life style then still death isn't what anyone should wish on her. As far as heaven goes I believe it is great and I can't say where anyone is going after they die but with the way you judge ppl and look at life it sounds like you don't have anything to do but sit back and judge ppl and that's not ur place. One day you'll look around and you'll be surrounded by ppl looking at you the same way your lookin at this situation. So good luck I'm sure your not the best you can be!! The way ur talking about this person let's hope u never get into trouble and be treated the way you treat others. So hold on to all ur stones and get ready for the next topic to be posted so you can talk sh*t about them to and hurt more families with ur thoughts. Really you should consider the fact everything you say and do has an affect on someone somewhere!! But sometimes you have to be smart enough to see past the obvious and look deeper into things there's always more laying past the surface. So if her family or kids are reading this remember that. Whoever it is posting these comments must have underlying issues theirselves so if family or kids reading this be better then this person and just hope they get their life turned around. And don't worry about what or why anyone thinks including me just remember the good stuff that's how I made it through my losses and trails in my life. And yes I was on drugs I done bad things but with the help of family and friends and god I made it through and now I live a great life and I'm still trying to fix all I hurt but as I said everyone make mistakes and everyone deserves a 2nd chance including the ppl who are being hurtful. Someone has to be the bigger person and from the looks of it it'll have to be the kids being the bigger ppl not the adults!!
Agreed

Nashville, TN

#17 Jul 19, 2012
There are so many horrible comments floating on about this subject. It seems people have completely forgotten her children are teenagers and are more than capable of getting on here and reading all of this. Not that it matters to someone has ignorant and harsh but the truth of the matter is, she did wrong, but she didn't deserve to die. I knew her and Kayla and both of them are very loving women. I don't know what made them do what they did but how many times have you done something you regretted? Maybe not to this extreme but you get my point. This woman left a three year old, some might say, it's for the best, but this child will NEVER know anything other than what he might read one day when he is older. Some people just need to show some class, this situation was hard and sad for a lot of people, the victims, the culprits, the families, so I feel that all these hateful comments aren't hurting the one you wish to, she's dead, these words are allowing the victims to remember what happened, the family to feel and read horrible stuff, and the culprits that are still living are probably smart enough to stay away from stupid places like topix. I personally didn't care for Shannon but I don't think she deserved to lose her life, and I'm also not one to judge her for her wrong doings. Kayla she's great,I truly care for her and I think she just caught up in a terrible situation. However whether these ladies did it for drugs, medical bills, or just cash, it was wrong but neither deserve to pay with their life.
Lets be real

Nashville, TN

#18 Jul 19, 2012
Agreed wrote:
There are so many horrible comments floating on about this subject. It seems people have completely forgotten her children are teenagers and are more than capable of getting on here and reading all of this. Not that it matters to someone has ignorant and harsh but the truth of the matter is, she did wrong, but she didn't deserve to die. I knew her and Kayla and both of them are very loving women. I don't know what made them do what they did but how many times have you done something you regretted? Maybe not to this extreme but you get my point. This woman left a three year old, some might say, it's for the best, but this child will NEVER know anything other than what he might read one day when he is older. Some people just need to show some class, this situation was hard and sad for a lot of people, the victims, the culprits, the families, so I feel that all these hateful comments aren't hurting the one you wish to, she's dead, these words are allowing the victims to remember what happened, the family to feel and read horrible stuff, and the culprits that are still living are probably smart enough to stay away from stupid places like topix. I personally didn't care for Shannon but I don't think she deserved to lose her life, and I'm also not one to judge her for her wrong doings. Kayla she's great,I truly care for her and I think she just caught up in a terrible situation. However whether these ladies did it for drugs, medical bills, or just cash, it was wrong but neither deserve to pay with their life.
So glad to see someone else on here with a little sense I couldn't have said it better I didn't know any of the ppl involved but I have a bad past and this could've very well been a situation I could've put my family and kids in. I love my kids more than life but when ur on drugs they ruin u in sooo many ways. Just because I messed up doesn't mean my kids or family should suffer and ppl should consider this and I'm glad you mention the victims your right I'm sure they'd love to file that part away and move on but as long as ppl keep showing their ignorance ppl will keep gettin hurt.
OkI

Danville, KY

#19 Sep 15, 2012
Was her boyfriend involved in this scam? And was she really sellin drugs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cosby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mugshots 1 hr Argentina 1
considering moving to Dandridge? (Aug '09) 2 hr Shirley c 71
Lisa Holt "O`Sicky" (Oct '10) 3 hr Just me 12
Burger King sign holder 4 hr Tiffany Gentry 31
Flippin this city off 4 hr Illbeseeinya 1
Karma 5 hr Funny 21
Donald Coakley 6 hr Just a thought 29

Cosby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance