What is up with the Cosby Vol Fire Re...

What is up with the Cosby Vol Fire Rescue?

Posted in the Cosby Forum

Fireman

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Aug 15, 2011
From what I hear the move ins have tried to take the deparment over. Is this true. Well if three of them are on the board together and the other one works for them at a campground that makes four. So does that not violate the Sunshine Law for having meetings out of meetings. Well looks like a legal battle is about to begin from what I hear? They better find a good fix for the problem.
you are correct

Mount Juliet, TN

#2 Sep 7, 2011
Tennessee's Sunshine Law

"The General Assembly hereby declares it to be the policy of this State that the formation of public policy and decisions is public business and shall not be conducted in secret." Title 8, Chapter 44
(T.C.A. 8-44-101-201
If you have people meeting together at one location then you probably have a case. Good luck to you all and it isnt hard to prove.
Oh yeah

United States

#3 Sep 8, 2011
Public Officials in your area have an outstanding reputation for doing everything by the book and never ever taking any shortcuts or even the slightest teensiest hiint of impropriety, right?
firefighter

Asheboro, NC

#4 Sep 11, 2011
Fireman wrote:
From what I hear the move ins have tried to take the deparment over. Is this true. Well if three of them are on the board together and the other one works for them at a campground that makes four. So does that not violate the Sunshine Law for having meetings out of meetings. Well looks like a legal battle is about to begin from what I hear? They better find a good fix for the problem.
looks like you need to come to a board meeting and find out what really goes on before you run your mouth, we can't get people to be on the board for several years. i don't think they have had meeting at the campground! this not the place to talk about your fire department if you have problem we have meeting first monday of the month at 7 pm please join us you are very welcome to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cosby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Megan Hembree 20 min Lossforwords 6
Roger Lynn Kirkpatrick & Tommi J Shelton 3 hr gennv3 37
Cassie Wynn 6 hr Haley 8
45 th President 6 hr BellaRosaLinda 9
new to area. 6 hr Curious 32
Heather stokely 6 hr Needherbad 49
marsha helton (Sep '10) 6 hr Concerned Citizen 4

Cosby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance