Oregon Islamic center hit by arson, p...

Oregon Islamic center hit by arson, possible retaliation for teenager's role in bomb threat

There are 179 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 26, 2010, titled Oregon Islamic center hit by arson, possible retaliation for teenager's role in bomb threat. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

An apparent arsonist struck an Islamic center Sunday morning, two days after a teenager who worshipped there was accused of trying to blow up a van full of explosives during a Christmas event in Portland, Ore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
streetlights

Eden Prairie, MN

#1 Nov 28, 2010
Dear Mohamed Alyzghori: I am sorry for your worry and fear and I do not advocate violence. Hence, you now understand our worry and fear we have had and are currently experiencing since and before 9/11. Retaliation: I think our war is with the terrorists and we now have terrorists abundant on U.S. soil due to our government's sheer stupidity and personal greed. Half of our safety depends on reporting, and the mosques you speak of are as responsible to report as are individual U.S. citizens. All of our borders should have been closed to ALL immigrants after 9/11 and probably before that. There was no reason to risk the safety of U.S. citizens and the government failed then and has continued to fail to secure our borders, which continues to put us at greater and greater risk of attack.
America_F_YEAH

Salem, OR

#3 Nov 29, 2010
we have so many somolians here in mn, kinda makes me worry. There all ignorant and useless. Driving cabs or living off of our abundant well fare programs. Thank you soo much to all the lutherans and liberals who brought them here.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#5 Nov 29, 2010
The most common baby name in the UK last year was Mohammed ... don't think it can't happen here ... not with the progressive beaurocrats and immigration judges in charge. Somalians should never been allowed into america as "refugees" ... They are refugees because they created the problem in their own country. Every community Somalians have been settled have problems with drugs, gangs and crime where little existed before.
I also loved the somalian boy was a student at Oregon State Univ ... who do you think was paying his tuition? and I bet much of his surriculum as Islamic studies... damn progressives...
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 29, 2010
I see the fear mongers are out in force today,Bomb was discovered,no injuries so lets torch the mosques.So from now on when we discover that the Catholic Church has hid and transferred thier preditors let's follow your logic and torch the Church,there are victim's in thier crimes,Be careful and don't let your shadows scare you to much today

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Captain Quint

Anoka, MN

#8 Nov 29, 2010
calling someone else ignorant considering your simple English skills would be very funny if it wasn't so scary. Try taking an English class moron.
America_F_YEAH wrote:
we have so many somolians here in mn, kinda makes me worry. There all ignorant and useless. Driving cabs or living off of our abundant well fare programs. Thank you soo much to all the lutherans and liberals who brought them here.
fembot

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 29, 2010
He looks like his little sister.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#10 Nov 29, 2010
vetinwbl wrote:
I see the fear mongers are out in force today,Bomb was discovered,no injuries so lets torch the mosques.So from now on when we discover that the Catholic Church has hid and transferred thier preditors let's follow your logic and torch the Church,there are victim's in thier crimes,Be careful and don't let your shadows scare you to much today
Huge flaw in your "logic" ... such atrocities are not done in the name of their "God" or religion ... only the muslims do that. How good can a religion be, if you have to threaten death if the person dares leave it, and convert to another religion? The islamic religion itself is to blame ... no other major religion sends its members out to kill, simply because they are non-believers.
c-man

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Nov 29, 2010
vetinwbl wrote:
<quoted text>So when the CATHOLIC CHURCH hides and transfers MOLESTERS and PREDITORS are they doing it to protect themselves and the IMAGE of the PERFECT CHURCH who claims that they are GOD'S represenitive on EARTH or do they just like to hide criminals. I guess you have never heard of the CRUSADES weren't they out to kill muslims for not being true belivers.So who's logic is flawed. Let's not forget Pres BUSH called the WAR in IRAQ a CRUSADE
Father Fondle got to you at a young age ? Why all the Catholic rage ???
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Nov 29, 2010
c-man wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Fondle got to you at a young age ? Why all the Catholic rage ???
I see your a un-employed comedian,just pointing out that the Muslims aren't the only violent religion.So if torching a place of worship is okay then it's free game on all of them when they committ crimes of VIOLENCE,RAPE,and MOLESTATION
Dexter

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 29, 2010
vetinwbl wrote:
<quoted text>Remember the Spanish Inquestion,or the French Inquesition,Witch Burnings,people being imprisoned for life for not being belivers,Native Americans being forced to attend Catholic Schools during the expansion of the U.S western territorys.So tell me all about your PEACEFUL RELIGION
I don't remember any of that. It was long before any of us here were born. While these events were certainly tragic, I think it's important to assess the threat in the here and now. Even the most radical elements of the Christian religion are not carrying out any any of the violent acts we are now seeing from radical Islam.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#16 Nov 29, 2010
vetinwbl wrote:
<quoted text>Remember the Spanish Inquestion,or the French Inquesition,Witch Burnings,people being imprisoned for life for not being belivers,Native Americans being forced to attend Catholic Schools during the expansion of the U.S western territorys.So tell me all about your PEACEFUL RELIGION
Why stop with going back a few hundred years? Let's castigate all mayans for their human sacrifices ... in fact, we could probably find human cruelty and barbarism throughout all history ... even atheists who made Gods of nature .. like the sun and wind or just themselves. Or we could be sensible ... and keep the discussion in the present time and realm.
c-man

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Nov 29, 2010
vetinwbl wrote:
<quoted text>I see your a un-employed comedian,just pointing out that the Muslims aren't the only violent religion.So if torching a place of worship is okay then it's free game on all of them when they committ crimes of VIOLENCE,RAPE,and MOLESTATION
Is this what you are advocating then ?? Peace-lover ...
Robert Spencer

Minnetonka, MN

#18 Nov 29, 2010
So, now they fear retaliation. Doesn't the PC victim tactic work any more? I thought all they had to do was play on our sympathy and raise the religious freedom card when asked about their terrorism incubator sites. HOPE is in the air.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Nov 29, 2010
President BUSH was in office from 2001-2008, so when the CATHOLIC CHURCH talks about its long standing traditions we can ignore them,How about the IRA in IRELAND is that to far back in history for you.how about the Priest in Texas who molested kids and attemted to hire a hit-man just last week,so lets talk about the present,21.000 sex pictures of young boys on priests computer in SPAIN.so you want to talk about the present bring it on
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Nov 29, 2010
c-man wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what you are advocating then ?? Peace-lover ...
No just pointing out to your narrow little minds that the MUSLIM religion is not the only religion who preaches fear,ever hear the term GOD=FEARING man?
dumbinWBL

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Nov 29, 2010
vetinwbl wrote:
no injuries at the mosque fire either...guess they're even.
c-man

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Nov 29, 2010
vetinwbl wrote:
<quoted text>No just pointing out to your narrow little minds that the MUSLIM religion is not the only religion who preaches fear,ever hear the term GOD=FEARING man?
So you are Pro-Muslim, and anti-Christian. Got it ! Loud and clear.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Nov 29, 2010
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Huge flaw in your "logic" ... such atrocities are not done in the name of their "God" or religion ... only the muslims do that. How good can a religion be, if you have to threaten death if the person dares leave it, and convert to another religion? The islamic religion itself is to blame ... no other major religion sends its members out to kill, simply because they are non-believers.
Read your own post,no time-limits mentioned,just a bunch of claims that the MUSLIM are the only violent religion,sorry if you can't deal with the truth

Since: Jun 10

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Nov 29, 2010
"We have made it quite clear the FBI will not tolerate any kind of retribution or attack on the Muslim community," said Arthur Balizan, special agent in charge of the FBI in Oregon.

Really!!! and how are you going to stop this? The non-Muslim community feels threatened by the extreme end of the Muslim religion. Until the tolerant side of the Muslim religion either public joins in the battle against its extremist end or distance itself from it the non-Muslim community is going to view all Muslims with suspecion.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Nov 29, 2010
c-man wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are Pro-Muslim, and anti-Christian. Got it ! Loud and clear.
I am a AGNOSTIC, don't believe in any organized religion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corvallis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renting or buying from Kip Schoning? (Apr '06) Aug '17 Sunny 56
Anyone have a real estate story involving Kip S... (Jun '06) Aug '17 Maria 30
Kenny Gibson (Jun '17) Jun '17 merril 2
News Woman Found Shot Dead In Oregon Was From Russia (Apr '17) Apr '17 BB Board 1
New Linn arrests and mugshots (Mar '14) Feb '17 da da 5
Cannery Mall (Aug '15) Sep '16 MarcoG42 3
Moving to Corvallis to attend OSU. Rent/job adv... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Joseph 1

Corvallis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corvallis Mortgages