Beware of Kip Schoning, Corvallis OR,...

Beware of Kip Schoning, Corvallis OR, when buying or selling realestate-my story

Posted in the Corvallis Forum

Nancy mae

Since: Mar 06

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 31, 2006
Beware of Kip Schoning when buying or selling property in Oregon

I have been dealing with Kip Schoning in a real estate civil matter that should have been resolved in a few days for the over 18 months. I nearly lost my home to foreclosure because of Schoning's actions. I hope to find other with similar stories, especially involving real estate and legal system dealings with Schoning.

THIS IS MY STORY:

In May of 2004 I asked Schoning to allow me to refinance the house I purchased from him on contract without paying the pre payment penalty. He refused. Interestingly, he was ALREADY in default on his senior loan at the time. My refinancing could have ended his default. He chose instead to continue to take my money and divert it for other needs.

I first learned of the default in September 2004 when I got a letter notifying me that my house was up for auction. Apparently, Schoning had not made a payment on his loan for some time, in addition,

I was completely willing to refinance and pay everything including Mr Schoning's default and the senior seller legal fees. Schoning did not respond, which over time I have learned is how he deals with the unpleasant consequences of his actions. His attorney refused to deal with me directly so I as forced to retain an attorney.

I had financing ready to go by early October. My attorney vigorously pursued a resolution. Schoning and his attorney stalled at ever possible opportunity. EVERY legal response came at 5pm on the last possible date. Every possible maneuver to gain extensions was used. He finally signed the Mortgage papers in January 2005. The public auction to sell MY home was less than 18 hours away. The balance on the mortgage was only about $38.000. Because of legal fees, interest etc. I paid over $70,000 to keep my house.

Now an entire year has gone by. Schoning continure to delay any attempts to settle. My attorney estimates that my financial loss over length of my new loan will be over three times what I would have settled for. Due to the Schonings delay tactics my attorney fees continue to grow.

Mean while I see his ads in the newspaper "wanted any real estate, cash in 48 house call Kip at..." so I guess it is just "business as usual" for Schoning.

Updates:

October 2006- Schoning did not show up for our scheduled court date. He actually told the judge he "forgot". Interestingly is attorney also forgot to show up!

We then were ordered by the court to schedule mediation. Schoning CANCEL the mediation a week before it was scheduled to occur!

I am not looking to get take advantage of anyone, this mess that I did not has cost me ALOT of money and I want to just get back to were I was before I got in the middle of Mr Schoning's default.

A quick internet search found all these business as having the same business address and/or phone number as Kip Schoning's HOME address, a residential neighborhood, in Corvallis Oregon:

Bula Reality
Michelle Schoning Realtor
Corvallis Massage Therapist and Oregon Massage Spas and Massage Center
Lifestyle Limousines

Schoning has finally called the court and scheduled the mediation for June 22, 2006 apparently this is the first possible date he can tear himself way from his important business dealings. This is over two years from when his default on my home began.

Before consudering dealing with Schoning take a trip to the courthouse and check his default history. I would stay far away from Kip Schoning and any enterprise he is involved in. Learn from my mistake! Do not sell to him. Do not buy from him. Do not trust him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corvallis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is sicko psych oDonna Best Richter Burke? Sat Curious 1
News Nevada governor joins in opposition to Trump bo... Apr 19 pcinoregon 2
News Parole denied in 1980s abuse case (Jun '09) Feb '18 Damama 14
Renting or buying from Kip Schoning? (Apr '06) Aug '17 Sunny 56
Anyone have a real estate story involving Kip S... (Jun '06) Aug '17 Maria 30
Kenny Gibson (Jun '17) Jun '17 merril 2
News Woman Found Shot Dead In Oregon Was From Russia (Apr '17) Apr '17 BB Board 1

Corvallis Jobs

Personal Finance

Corvallis Mortgages