Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#7379 Jun 1, 2014
The health of the economy depends on WHO is measuring it.
If you use the Keynesian economic model,( http://www.investopedia.com/terms/k/keynesian... ) the economy is based on how much money has been borrowed.
Basically borrowed money enlarges the nation’s volume of money ... see fractional reserve banking:

If that is the case, then you're right … The economy is doing great.

But if the lawmakers SPEND that money on something that does not turn a profit, and then leaves it for the taxpayers to pay for (the loan plus the interest) then the economy only has the illusion of getting better ... because the taxpayers cannot pay it back.

The middle class (which pays for everything) is shrinking, and the remaining middle class has to make up the difference of the income that is lost.

It is destine to collapse and at this point I don’t think there is anything that can be done to change it.

Oh, and it doesn’t help that the FED is printing 85 BILLION dollars a month with nothing to back it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7380 Jun 1, 2014
RISE IN CONSUMER DEBT SIGNALS CONFIDENCE Associated Press (5-17-14) Consumer's appear to be more confident and are less likely to be behind on their bills, according to figures released this week by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.....Using figures from Equifax, one of the major credit reporting companies, the New York Fed estimated that consumer's owed $8.69 trillion in mortgage debt at the end of the first quarter. 2 percent more than they owed a year earlier. That figure includes both first mortgages and home equity loans. IT WAS THE FIRST YEAR-OVER YEAR INCREASE SINCE2008......That amount remains 13 percent lower than the $9.99 trillion peak that Equifax estimated consumer's owed at the end of the third quarter of 2008. As many American's defaulted on mortgages and lost their homes during the financial crisis, the amount of outstanding mortgage debt declined. There was also a sharp decline in new mortgages, as fewer homes were sold.....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7381 Jun 2, 2014
MacDaddyobama wrote:
Snowden is a Russian agent, and the White House is a ship of fools
He delivered on one of Obama's promises. "transparency and open govt"
Krankenstein

Glenn, CA

#7382 Jun 2, 2014
crazy nice
Im Done

Little Falls, NY

#7384 Jun 4, 2014
The Rent is To Damn High has my vote.

Location hidden

#7386 Jul 4, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you don't live in NY or pay taxes ... or you are just plain stupid.
Inform yourself and look outside your area.....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#7387 Jul 4, 2014
And zero in.
MacDaddyobama

Saint Albans, VT

#7388 Jul 4, 2014
I am racist against all black men because I live in my mother's basement and those black men won't let me suck their chocolate flavored peter.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#7389 Jul 4, 2014
you are?
Have a good hate.
July 4th

Farmingville, NY

#7391 Jul 4, 2014
For those who still take the exaggerations of rebel propagandists as the truth of conditions in colonial America, Smithsonian historian Barbara Clark's book “The Freedoms We Lost: Consent and Resistance in Revolutionary America” is an eye-opening introduction to reality. She thoroughy contrasts and compares the rights the average American enjoyed under British rule to what they were subjected to under the Federalist regimes that followed.

Let us also recall that the American colonies were started as private commercial ventures. The myth of oppressed people seeking freedom in a new land is just that, a legend. Stock companies were put together in London to exploit the riches of the New World. Shares were sold to wealthy men who expected a substantial profit from their investment. The unfortunates who did the work, the “indentured servants” were their slaves in all but name. These private ventures were nationalized by the Crown in 1690 in the consolidation of power that followed the “Glorious Revolution” of 1688. To make this seizure more palatable to the English nobility who owned most of their stock, the colonies were granted exemptions from most ordinary taxes that other Englishmen paid. By the 1760s the colonies had become prosperous enough to pay their fair share. England had nearly gone bankrupt fighting the French and Indian War, which was largely about defending the American colonies’ borders from invasion.

Meanwhile an Anglo-American aristocracy which was anything but democratic in its beliefs or its actions came into being in the colonies. Unlike their counterparts in England, the American ruling elite had earned its wealth - largely through slavery and land speculation, by the way, not by actual labor - and were thus ineligible for membership in the traditional aristocracy of their mother country, which was based on a rigid, hereditary hierarchy.

I believe the historical record shows that it was this jealously and resentment of their inferior social status that created the agitation for a final break with England. Ordinary Americans - the ones the Federalists would later dismiss as “rabble,” having used them as fighters for independence - suffered little inconvenience under English rule. King George was after all appointed by “Divine right” to rule them, which he did with the consent of Europe’s only elected governing body, Parliament, and with strict observance of the Englishman’s inalienable civil liberties defined in the Magna Charta five centuries earlier.
Hillary 2016

United States

#7392 Jul 8, 2014
Hillary by landslide in 2016

Location hidden

#7394 Jul 8, 2014
Thank God that President Obama has done his job, and will be handing over a healthy and recovered economy......totally different from the mess that he inherited.....
LAVON AFFAIR

Ona, FL

#7396 Jul 10, 2014
We need more whistleblowers like Frank Serpico, Anat Kamm , Karen Silkwood , Joel Kovel , Daniel Elsberg and the REFUSINIKS that oppose the sicko zionists that attacked the USS LIBERTY and peace flotillas ..........just say no to HP and the ziotard apartheid regime
lord Balfour

Ona, FL

#7397 Jul 10, 2014
July 4th wrote:
For those who still take the exaggerations of rebel propagandists as the truth of conditions in colonial America, Smithsonian historian Barbara Clark's book “The Freedoms We Lost: Consent and Resistance in Revolutionary America” is an eye-opening introduction to reality. She thoroughy contrasts and compares the rights the average American enjoyed under British rule to what they were subjected to under the Federalist regimes that followed.
Let us also recall that the American colonies were started as private commercial ventures. The myth of oppressed people seeking freedom in a new land is just that, a legend. Stock companies were put together in London to exploit the riches of the New World. Shares were sold to wealthy men who expected a substantial profit from their investment. The unfortunates who did the work, the “indentured servants” were their slaves in all but name. These private ventures were nationalized by the Crown in 1690 in the consolidation of power that followed the “Glorious Revolution” of 1688. To make this seizure more palatable to the English nobility who owned most of their stock, the colonies were granted exemptions from most ordinary taxes that other Englishmen paid. By the 1760s the colonies had become prosperous enough to pay their fair share. England had nearly gone bankrupt fighting the French and Indian War, which was largely about defending the American colonies’ borders from invasion.
Meanwhile an Anglo-American aristocracy which was anything but democratic in its beliefs or its actions came into being in the colonies. Unlike their counterparts in England, the American ruling elite had earned its wealth - largely through slavery and land speculation, by the way, not by actual labor - and were thus ineligible for membership in the traditional aristocracy of their mother country, which was based on a rigid, hereditary hierarchy.
I believe the historical record shows that it was this jealously and resentment of their inferior social status that created the agitation for a final break with England. Ordinary Americans - the ones the Federalists would later dismiss as “rabble,” having used them as fighters for independence - suffered little inconvenience under English rule. King George was after all appointed by “Divine right” to rule them, which he did with the consent of Europe’s only elected governing body, Parliament, and with strict observance of the Englishman’s inalienable civil liberties defined in the Magna Charta five centuries earlier.
HILLARY CLINTO, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are zionist stooges that should run for mayor of apartheid Hebron
operation greylord

Ona, FL

#7398 Jul 10, 2014
MacDaddyobama wrote:
I am racist against all black men because I live in my mother's basement and those black men won't let me suck their chocolate flavored peter.
Martin Manton , Anthony Embriano , Pam Geller and Leona Helmsley Mascari and John Rhesus Mascari went down on the AIPAC delegates and SONS OF SAM
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#7400 Jul 10, 2014
dispose of them dear lord
Out with the GOP

Fredonia, NY

#7401 Jul 10, 2014
I am for removing every single Republican, the do nothing Congress (read House of Representatives) bitch, bitch, bitch about Obama and then do nothing except vote against "Obamacare". Impressive, NOT!
Libs killed NY-Ca-Detroit

United States

#7402 Jul 10, 2014
Out with the GOP wrote:
I am for removing every single Republican, the do nothing Congress (read House of Representatives) bitch, bitch, bitch about Obama and then do nothing except vote against "Obamacare". Impressive, NOT!
Wow there are still people who believe a word Obama says LOL!!!!

How many idiots will completely ignore the history of liberals and progressives? All they usually say in reply is "You MUST watch Faux!!!! or blame Bush still! He made it a crime NOT to hause and give hearings to the incoming kids and now acts like he didn't suddenly realize he caused it with his own pen!

Duuuuuh!

So how long until NY collapses again? Worst economy in the US? How's 40 years of liberal progressive democrat FAIL taste up there? How's those NY union pig nannystate taxes treating you? LOL!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#7403 Jul 11, 2014
The president has failed us and is guilty of malfeasance in office. An impeachable high crime.
Big Jim

Endicott, NY

#7404 Jul 11, 2014
What's the difference, they're all crooks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cortland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racism Mon jamesporter 2
Wall Streets Lauds Savvy Wealth Manager That Co... Nov 17 rogercrouch777 1
PROTEST AT MARATHON HS 5/9/12 @ 6:30am (May '12) Nov '14 Simba123 114
Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '14 I voted Zornow 3
police strictness Oct '14 concerncitizen 1
whats wrong in marathon high school (May '12) Sep '14 former BHS student 8
NY Pizza in Marathon,NY Am I the ONLY person t... (Sep '11) Sep '14 egriffiths 17
Cortland Dating
Find my Match

Cortland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cortland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cortland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:27 pm PST