Marin's first public charging stations for electric vehicles open in San Rafael

Apr 22, 2011 Full story: Marin Independent Journal 16

Marin County's first public electric vehicle charging stations went live for Earth Day on Friday in the C Street public garage in San Rafael.

Full Story
Batman

San Rafael, CA

#1 Apr 23, 2011
should be interesting when you come back and find out someone has unplugged you and plugged into their car
you know this will happen
human nature and all

Since: May 09

california

#2 Apr 23, 2011
public charging station? sweet, they have a free one in fairfield in the city hall/library parking lot
Ars huu

San Francisco, CA

#3 Apr 23, 2011
Marin taxpayers on the hook again. We pay to take care of illegal aliens now free electricity for people with new cars.
Everyone with a house over 3000 sq ft should get a free roof.

Since: Aug 08

Taste great in milk!

#4 Apr 23, 2011
Wait till someone steals all the copper wiring...
Nexra Blevins

San Anselmo, CA

#5 Apr 23, 2011
Every house should have a roof. And all its god given copper wiring.
Nexra Blevins

San Anselmo, CA

#6 Apr 23, 2011
Batman wrote:
should be interesting when you come back and find out someone has unplugged you and plugged into their car
you know this will happen
human nature and all
Actually you will come back to find your car has been stolen and someone has parked and plugged their car in where yours used to be. You will get the bill. This will happen. Given the ordinary criminal mind, low down nature and everything.
CHOW

Capitola, CA

#7 Dec 18, 2011
I live in a crummy 1 BDRM apt that cost 1300 bucks a month... The Landlord of the squaller will not rent an outlet to me even though there is one in my carport! SO NO ELECTRIC CAR FOR ME THE SURF! HOW PATHETIC! I decided its time to move the heck out of Hotel California(MARIN AND CALIFORNIA). I can rent a 4 bedroom 3 bath luxury apartment for the same price! Plus the FL place has it has beautiful ocean views AND i can walk toi the beach! Yes its not as progressive as Marin ...:))) Ands when I decide to buy a place I can accually afford it withouty a jumbo mortgage! I accually sdhave the 20% down. As its not an insane amount! BUT MOST IMPORTANT my NEW neighbors in Florida have a good excuse for being on the DOLE. They are old and paid into Social Security. My neighbors in Hotel California(marin County) are either professional welfare artist, illegal aliens or working poor trying to make it, BUT CANNOT do BECAUSE THE RENTS ARE ARTIFICIALLY KEPT HIGH TO APEASE THE PROPERTY OWNER TAX BASE. SCREW STINKY CALI.... OCCUPY WITHOUT ME PLEASE
CHOW

Capitola, CA

#8 Dec 18, 2011
oh as I almost forgot MY MAIN POINT as I RANTED..... YES, I WILL BE Able to plug in my car there. And its A SOLAR GRID TOO ... BELEVE IT OR NOT SNOBBY MAIRNITES, ITS ALSO SUNNY IN NORTHERN ST AUGUSTINE FL --- NOW THATS PROGRESSIVE!

Since: Nov 10

Opava, Czechoslovakia

#9 Dec 18, 2011
CHOW wrote:
I live in a crummy 1 BDRM apt that cost 1300 bucks a month... The Landlord of the squaller will not rent an outlet to me even though there is one in my carport! SO NO ELECTRIC CAR FOR ME THE SURF! HOW PATHETIC! I decided its time to move the heck out of Hotel California(MARIN AND CALIFORNIA). I can rent a 4 bedroom 3 bath luxury apartment for the same price! Plus the FL place has it has beautiful ocean views AND i can walk toi the beach! Yes its not as progressive as Marin ...:))) Ands when I decide to buy a place I can accually afford it withouty a jumbo mortgage! I accually sdhave the 20% down. As its not an insane amount! BUT MOST IMPORTANT my NEW neighbors in Florida have a good excuse for being on the DOLE. They are old and paid into Social Security. My neighbors in Hotel California(marin County) are either professional welfare artist, illegal aliens or working poor trying to make it, BUT CANNOT do BECAUSE THE RENTS ARE ARTIFICIALLY KEPT HIGH TO APEASE THE PROPERTY OWNER TAX BASE. SCREW STINKY CALI.... OCCUPY WITHOUT ME PLEASE
Can I come? I'm pretty small and can live either underneath a house or in between the walls. Of a 4 bedroom 3 bath luxury apartment.

Opava, Czechoslovakia

#10 Dec 18, 2011
Nexra Blevins wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you will come back to find your car has been stolen and someone has parked and plugged their car in where yours used to be. You will get the bill. This will happen. Given the ordinary criminal mind, low down nature and everything.
Hi Nexra. Where in the hoo yaa you been hiding out?

Opava, Czechoslovakia

#11 Dec 18, 2011
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Nexra. Where in the hoo yaa you been hiding out?
If you've been feeling under the weather, maybe you should go see the Good Doctor. Dr_Zorderz. Just don't trip when he puts his chubby old fingers all over you, in a lot of questionable places. He does that to everyone.

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

#12 Dec 18, 2011
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Nexra. Where in the hoo yaa you been hiding out?
Nexra says she don't remember way back to April. But she's been around since then.

Thank god for the lectric charging stations. Now when we get down to business occupying our little tent city in San Rafael, I'll have some place to plug in my volcano.

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

#13 Dec 18, 2011
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>If you've been feeling under the weather, maybe you should go see the Good Doctor. Dr_Zorderz. Just don't trip when he puts his chubby old fingers all over you, in a lot of questionable places. He does that to everyone.
Did you like it ?

Maybe I'll try it just once.
Sound Off

San Anselmo, CA

#14 Dec 18, 2011
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you like it ?
Maybe I'll try it just once.
huh ?

california

#15 Dec 21, 2011
CHOW wrote:
I was born in marin, my grandfather bought one lot on san francisco blvd in san anselmo and from his job on building the golden gate bridge each paycheck he bought a load of lumber while building his house and his family lived in tents, which now would be a felony,
so he moved to napa, then petrolia, then stoneyford..building houses in all four places,

and i bought a house and land in modoc county for under 20,000 but i was not allowed to live on it without harrassment and threats to take my kids, I guess all my fore fathers were unfit parents,
the house and land is for sale for under 20,000 if you are looking to own your land in this lifetime.

california

#16 Dec 21, 2011
I think horses are safer..
my son's friend got a ticket for sitting on his bike on the sidewalk.
although i never heard anyone dying from getting run over by a bike on a sidewalk.

I did hear of many bike riders who were killed by cars on the road where the bike were meant to ride...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corte Madera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to San Rafael from chicago 12 hr Steph is I 10
Alive and well. No black people live in this c... Feb 17 White 1
Save up to 40% on tickets to Disney on Ice with... Feb 13 buckinghamnicks 1
'Measles parties' a bad idea, California public... Feb 13 Sister Stuart Hal... 3
Nicasio man partially acquitted in lip-biting case (Apr '10) Feb 11 Seriously77 29
Witness: Hells Angels swarmed truck before Mari... (May '09) Feb 7 Observer 283
Novato man gets 2 years in prison for 80-mph wreck (Mar '08) Jan '15 former TL 28

Corte Madera News Video

Corte Madera Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corte Madera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:52 pm PST

ESPN10:52PM
Report: 49ers will bid to host CFP title game
Bleacher Report 5:50 AM
What Type of WRs Will the Raiders Target This Offseason?
NBC Sports 2:45 PM
49ers eyeing bid to host future playoff title game
Bleacher Report 6:53 PM
Tyvon Branch Cut by Raiders: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
ESPN 7:49 PM
Raiders to release injury-plagued Branch