Golden Gate Bridge jumper painting pu...

Golden Gate Bridge jumper painting pulled from Sausalito Art Festival 'American Icon' contest

There are 6 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Golden Gate Bridge jumper painting pulled from Sausalito Art Festival 'American Icon' contest. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Titled "Jump the Golden Gate Club," the painting by San Francisco artist Douglas Brett was removed from the Sausalito Art Festival website after a complaint that it may encourage suicides from the span.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

Lori

Cambridge, MA

#1 Aug 25, 2012
I want to see it
Why

Englewood, CO

#2 Aug 31, 2012
Your are sick

Since: Nov 10

Blairsville, Ga

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Why wrote:
Your are sick
No, YOU are sick.
Steph

San Rafael, CA

#4 Sep 1, 2012
Why wrote:
Your are sick
censorship is sick. like it or not, suicide is a fact of life. go run and hide then.......
Titanic

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2012
It may encourage suicides from the Span ? I think not,I would assume that most people are not so impressionable that they jump off the Golden Gate bridge after viewing a painting,it was not necessary to remove this artwork.
Steph

San Rafael, CA

#6 Sep 3, 2012
Titanic wrote:
It may encourage suicides from the Span ? I think not,I would assume that most people are not so impressionable that they jump off the Golden Gate bridge after viewing a painting,it was not necessary to remove this artwork.
seriously! and if they WERE so impressionable so as to do that, well, it's Darwin at work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corte Madera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nicasio man partially acquitted in lip-biting case (Apr '10) Feb 15 31blue 31
News Bail hiked for San Rafael bus fracas suspect Jan 23 331aB 4928x 2
News Police searching for suspect in Corte Madera mo... (Jun '08) Jan '18 mom 40
Review: Allison Rachael Fuleky Jan '18 Science Details S... 3
News The Latest: Evacuation order remains after leve... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Grandmother Bee 1
Review: Mattaniah Eytan Law Offices (Jun '10) Dec '16 rob5060 2
News Ritter Center supporters call for change to San... (May '16) May '16 MHO 1

Corte Madera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corte Madera Mortgages