Marin fight crowd hails hometown hero...

Marin fight crowd hails hometown hero Paul Nave

There are 135 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Mar 7, 2009, titled Marin fight crowd hails hometown hero Paul Nave. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Paul Nave connects with opponent Mikhail Lyubarsky of Kiev, Ukraine, in the main event on a night of boxing at the Marin Center Exhibit Hall in San Rafael on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Battle of the BAY

Fremont, CA

#126 Jul 14, 2009
HEY NAVE, Fight IRISH "PAT" LAWLOR For "THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE" Championship. YOU is a Former Wurld Champion.AND he beat DURAN.
Where is NAVE and tBone

Cupertino, CA

#127 Jul 16, 2009
Hey boxing dude! Where is your dudette ?
Soul Summers

Acampo, CA

#128 Oct 12, 2009
Put the word out that I'd except a fight with Paul Nave for Nov 20. 2009....at welterweight. He can contact me 4 details. I been wanting 2 get back in the ring 4 along time....The Heart Of Hayward Ca, taking on The Marin County Assassin! Hope 2 hear from someone who can pass this message along or send me Paul's email or phone number peace! [email protected]
fistic fan

Hayward, CA

#129 Oct 13, 2009
The heart of hayseed VS.The Marin ASS could sell in gay friendly bay area. How about a feature bout at the exotic erotic ball? In case you dont know Soul Dude.....Paul dont fight any one unless you gots a HANDICAPED parking sticker !!!!!
Nolan P

United States

#130 Oct 13, 2009
I find it awfully funny how judgmental and hypocritical people can be. How far they like to reach in the past to prove the present unworthy. To soil, taint it, and it away.
To go from being a professional boxer to San Quentin inmate to professional fighter again to running for governor to become a self-made man, and to finally fulfill unfinished business inside himself is one one helluva story. And there's reason why it happens 1/1000 of the time in real life than it does on paper, or in movies.
Perseverance, inner growth and accepting responsibility, staying true in the face of temptation to turn one's life around and be a positive person for himself and for others are monumental achievements in this life.
But to those who know better, who have done no wrong themselves in their lives, this is perfect fodder for them to dispense to the rest of us. As a lesson on how to be. For only they have the God-given right to stand alone and tell us about morals. "Forgiveness" and "not being judgmental" are traits they are excluded from as a result of this.
The road to redemption is a meaningless blacktop to be excavated in the greater importance of highlighting the negative things in life.
Especially when the source of the negativity occurred nearly 20 years ago.
Nothing else about Paul Nave matters after that.
Peace.
American Observer

Oakridge, OR

#131 Oct 14, 2009
The big question is: Aside from a few die-hard fight fans, who the **** cares about it. This is almost as boring as the Macedonian argument which went on way to long on this forum.
Get a Life
cant tell u

United States

#132 Dec 6, 2009
my poor uncle...u guys are kinda hurtful. whatever.
American Observer

Idanha, OR

#134 Dec 9, 2009
cant tell u wrote:
my poor uncle...u guys are kinda hurtful. whatever.
Two whole months of peace and tehn you dig things up again. Please, let it die and go get a life. Your poor "Uncle" will get along just fine without this thread.
Summers Vs Paul Novice

Riverbank, CA

#135 Dec 17, 2009
Greetings,
As a former boxer, feature column writer, sports radio expert, & trainer etc.. I've had about enough of Paul Nave! Look he was never a true "World Champion" or something halfway close! The fact he had something called the WBF belt is like me making my own out of brass and rusted tin and wearing it around the Bay Area and claiming I'm a Champion? Would "U" buy my story as well?
That B.S. belt with the others WBB IBO IBA etc..are all nothing but making people confused regarding who's really who? Let's not forget about the many who have turn there back on the sport that has No-control on how many people it "calls Champ" per division, yet with that said Paul was never one of them! Does this sound correct too U back in 1998 here's the listing of recognized World Champs then, WBA Champ Ike Quartey, WBC Oscar De La Hoya, IBF Felix Trinidad, WBF Paul Nave? What's wrong with that picture my friend? If U love boxing then how can U support such a farce regarding this felon/con who would still be in the drug business had he not been caught? Yes sure it was even a bigger joke he really thought he had a shot at being Governor here, ha! Yet people seem really taken by Paul and even like him a lot....Interesting?
Hard nose tough guy kinda like the poor mans Rocky Balboa? A regular Joe who's making good on being a free bird again? Learned his lesson well and does his own Promotions? More power too him, and I respect that. He got the skills of a above average used car dealer... But with all do respect he can win the WBF belt 10-more times and it wouldn't mean more then the dust in his bar mugs! His head is stuck in this so-called past glory in a all he could handle life and death matches with a very washed up former lightweight champ in Greg Haugen who should have retired after getting beat down by Chavez & Lopez respectfully!
It took Paul's best effort too overcome his washed up foe! And here he is 10 years later trying to "recapture" what he never had? So I say hey (Marin County Assassin) I don't think U could make the cut as Andre Ward's sparing partner let alone win against me! I tried via the internet to get a hold of U, through your outdated website with no-luck but I seen U got another lucky win against a sick registered sex offender? Nice pick "CON". Select me in late March or April and let's have our battle of the Bay!! People need 2 support whats truth not some man selling people warm shit on a cold day!
Summers Vs Paul Novice

Riverbank, CA

#136 Dec 17, 2009
This is the real deal I've been a long time boxing person in different ways and it's time I step from the background and into the front. If "anyone" see's things for what they really are it's me. I'm not trying 2 win a title or sell myself as a former Champ. I'm trying 2 fight....and with that said why not cherry pick a person like Nave? It makes sense for me at this point 2 do this. I been a man of a few boxing hats but 2 still have the fresh skills like I do, and not doing anything about it, is my crime!

So this is about two men with the fire and passion for the sport we love the most! I seen the guys Nave fought in his comeback I'd beat them as well if I fought them but win by KO. If he thinks he got the chops 2 B a World Champ "again", then I got the chops 2 beat this California Rocky story! I've done my homework on Nave and he knows how 2 sell a bag of shit with a smile and make people buy it. That's just being a con by nature not a boxer. He's 100% street fighter 0% boxer. Hell I'm even a better street fighter then a boxer...but this is about boxing.

2 call yourself a true boxer one must display the many skills that he Possess. Paul Nave is a displaced East Coast "mugger" with boxing gear on! I want 2 B the one that proves Paul is stuck in a wet dream....I want 2 show how easy a person like me can come from left field and like a phantom in the night rob him of his fantasy! Sorry, it's false 2 call yourself a World Champ or a former...If Nonito Andre or Robert were 2 lose OK, they would B former champs! but Nave? How about former inmate? That's truth!

I'm open 2 a late March date! 4 the record in turning pro 4 my first pro bout I had zero sparring and was sick losing my voice the night of the bout plus was over matched with a Canadian Olympian who was heavier and had much more experience! Yet I fought on losing as I should have but this really don't define me as a whole and don't speak 2 my overall experience... Thank U 4 your time.

William "Soul" Summers
Summers Vs Paul Novice

Riverbank, CA

#137 Dec 17, 2009
fistic fan wrote:
The heart of hayseed VS.The Marin ASS could sell in gay friendly bay area. How about a feature bout at the exotic erotic ball? In case you dont know Soul Dude.....Paul dont fight any one unless you gots a HANDICAPED parking sticker !!!!!
U prove any little pussy can hide behind a computer. At least I'm looking 2 use my fist 2 walk the walk and back up what I represent my silly hater....keep up the hating but do it more steady....it's really good business and free PR only helps the world go round. After living in Oakland and boxing in the City...that's all U got 4 me boy?
American Observer

Idanha, OR

#138 Dec 17, 2009
More useless crap concerning a useless subject-- YAWN
Soul

Riverbank, CA

#139 Dec 18, 2009
American Observer wrote:
More useless crap concerning a useless subject-- YAWN
Oregon? Having lived their many years just wondering whats your personal concern with this topic if U think it's so useless? Mine is putting some light on the truth...
nor cal

Rohnert Park, CA

#140 Sep 24, 2011
paul have you ever thought about fighting danny chavez up in your area
Warrior Poet UG X

Oakridge, OR

#141 Sep 24, 2011
Do we have to open this nonsense again? Who cares except his hometown rooters. The rest of the world couldn't care less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corte Madera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fine-Tooned-Maschine Runs O K 3 hr DeeCee Watchink 1
News The Latest: Evacuation order remains after leve... Tue Grandmother Bee 1
Trump Wife on Supreme Court? Feb 13 transitioners b4ever 1
News Tiburon's Guaymas restaurant sold, but concept ... (Sep '08) Feb 9 burrrrpo 16
Marin City Now Russian Troop Site Feb 3 Camp Grabassky 1
News Witness: Hells Angels swarmed truck before Mari... (May '09) Feb 1 Spyder 284
Cab Fare to Costa Rica? Feb 1 dazed traydur 1

Corte Madera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corte Madera Mortgages