Marin fight crowd hails hometown hero...

Marin fight crowd hails hometown hero Paul Nave

There are 135 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Mar 7, 2009, titled Marin fight crowd hails hometown hero Paul Nave. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Paul Nave connects with opponent Mikhail Lyubarsky of Kiev, Ukraine, in the main event on a night of boxing at the Marin Center Exhibit Hall in San Rafael on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nave 401k

San Jose, CA

#1 Mar 7, 2009
Rumour has it he is broke.
XBot

Fairfax, CA

#2 Mar 7, 2009
Is it me, or did the Ij conveniently leave out the others guy's win/lost ratio?
Is is 3/9, or 3/10 now? Marin's rocky--now just charge 300 an hour and
start referring to friends as clients.
XBot

Fairfax, CA

#3 Mar 7, 2009
The blond chick who uses her high school id in
her real estate advertisements could hire him.
Bradley?
The Truth

Petaluma, CA

#6 Mar 7, 2009
Hey sheeple, Nave is a convicted felon drug dealer... is that the type of "hometown hero Paul Nave" you look up to?
Marin Joe

Sausalito, CA

#7 Mar 7, 2009
Redemption is as american as apple pie.
biomed_guy

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Mar 7, 2009
Not good enough to challenge one of the Klitschko brothers? What an aromatherapy punk. He didn't break a nail, did he?
The Truth

Petaluma, CA

#9 Mar 7, 2009
-Did 2-3 year in San Quentin for dealing
-First boxer to hold a fight in San Quentin
-Got busted 2 times in 1 wk by Feds for dealing dope out the back of his limo

there is more.... adultery.... the sins of your past never disappear, they echo through time for eternity. Atonement is the only way out.
No hero

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#10 Mar 7, 2009
The IJ should never refer to him as a hero. Wrong wording. Hero should be reserved for Teachers, Firemen, Police, most working class people are heroes, not a convicted felon, or any pro athlete.
Get a clue
John

Santa Rosa, CA

#11 Mar 7, 2009
He did good, I'm impressed
John

Santa Rosa, CA

#12 Mar 7, 2009
The Truth wrote:
Hey sheeple, Nave is a convicted felon drug dealer... is that the type of "hometown hero Paul Nave" you look up to?
At least he made an honest living as a black market merchant as opposed to some real @$$/-/0le like Bernie Madoff. Hes a working guy so I respect him, not like the Conservative people who have been really taking advantage of the "sheeple" for almost a decade.
pffft

Oakland, CA

#13 Mar 7, 2009
These guys are nobody's 'heroes'.
Are people supposed to be impressed by this display of two losers hitting each other until one can't take any more? What's the point? Neither is going to be 'successful' as a fighter.
Is this a 'sport', or an opportunity to watch violence that is legal?
Why would anyone consider this 'contest' to be worthy of such newspaper space?
What a waste of time, space, and effort.
Red Diaper

Menlo Park, CA

#14 Mar 7, 2009

Um , its an excuse to watch violence that is legal...der..and ?
Death N Taxes

El Segundo, CA

#15 Mar 7, 2009
pffft wrote:
These guys are nobody's 'heroes'.
Are people supposed to be impressed by this display of two losers hitting each other until one can't take any more? What's the point? Neither is going to be 'successful' as a fighter.
Why would anyone consider this 'contest' to be worthy of such newspaper space?
What a waste of time, space, and effort.
....you're a waste of time, space, and effort....preaching about "violence that is legal"?....it's a sport. Get off your fat azz and try it sometime---try punching a heavy bag for 2 minutes straight....yeah, that's what I thought
Don King

San Rafael, CA

#16 Mar 7, 2009
Liberatore is just trying to get into The Family here in Marin.
Raquel

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2009
Ha ha ha ha ha.
Very brave and "fully realized human being" to talk shit about someone you don't know (especially spewing negative things over the anonymous realm of the internet) who happens to be a truly amazing and inspiring human being. Just like the rest of us, not perfect but has always done the best he can, had his downs and turned them into amazing ups. Are you trying to say you are better than this man? That he is a sinner and you have not sinned? Hmmm... I'm just curious what would make someone want to be so negative, seemingly without a cause. Interesting. Well I guess it is only you that suffers. When you live out of negativity thats all one will experience. I wish you only love.
Red Diaper

Menlo Park, CA

#18 Mar 7, 2009
Met the man once.Seemed like a nice guy.
TBone

Sausalito, CA

#20 Mar 7, 2009
No hero wrote:
The IJ should never refer to him as a hero. Wrong wording. Hero should be reserved for Teachers, Firemen, Police, most working class people are heroes, not a convicted felon, or any pro athlete.
Get a clue
"most working people" ? What the h3ll does that mean
BTW, most firemen and police are good guys, but very few are heros
TBone

Sausalito, CA

#21 Mar 7, 2009
Death N Taxes wrote:
<quoted text>....you're a waste of time, space, and effort....preaching about "violence that is legal"?....it's a sport. Get off your fat **** and try it sometime---try punching a heavy bag for 2 minutes straight....yeah, that's what I thought
Ever been in the ring, little man? "Tough" guys like you are a dime a dozen
we the

Foster City, CA

#22 Mar 7, 2009
mc carthy i nkow you must be tpying on this

go to prison you are a felon cop that has coused my bear death

why collect a pay check and commit crime and cover up crimes

you know in the one who is telling the truth
always have

whier you going to shot me on the steps of npd that day ?
as you covered up crime by cops
and that knife you had in your hand as you jumped up and out at me

you know the truth of who you are taking the permotion for covering up crimes by cops was another count of a crime

we the

Foster City, CA

#23 Mar 7, 2009
i met his dad when he was running for governor few years ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corte Madera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marin City Becomes Trump Resort Sep 17 hortikultoor 1
News The Latest: Evacuation order remains after leve... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Grandmother Bee 1
Review: Mattaniah Eytan Law Offices (Jun '10) Dec '16 rob5060 2
News Ritter Center supporters call for change to San... (May '16) May '16 MHO 1
News Friends of San Rafael Public Library charm with... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fiona 1
News Marin man sentenced for molesting girlfriend's ... (Jun '09) Jul '15 joanofarc 72
News Tech executive guilty of felony battery in Mari... (Jun '15) Jun '15 bicyclist 1

Corte Madera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corte Madera Mortgages