kentucky fried chicken closes

Posted in the Corsicana Forum

randyh

Dallas, TX

#1 Mar 29, 2012
its a real shame when a local business closes some would say that the street construction on west seventh was a factor . catfish king restruant closed a few years ago then some major people in this town did not want the highway loop coming in i wonder when city hall will wake up and smell the coffee look at ennis and waxahachie how they grow with a highway loop and major businesses in both towns plus you need tax abatements to draw retail or jobs to a community you have to have these factors for a town to prosper .
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#2 Mar 30, 2012
New city phrase:

"Corsicana - living in the past - afraid of the future."
randyh

Dallas, TX

#3 Mar 30, 2012
you are so right.
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 1, 2012
I hate to see the job losses, even fast food jobs, but how could a town this small support 3 fried chicken places on one street? Especially with the street issues right now. I hope that someone who wants to open a RR with items currently unavailable here will take advantage of the fact that there's a building w/ a grease trap, etc. already in place that offers something I and hopefully others would like to eat. I see that a place is opening in Rice that is looking for a Thai chef. That at least will fill a void for me, even though it's a bit of a drive but I would love to see a small cajun cafe, a greek place, any sort of decent seafood place (could be combined w/ cajun) or anything else take over the space. Even a nice deli would be pretty cool. Perhaps this is an opportunity for someone once the street repairs are over and done with.
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#5 Apr 2, 2012
I would even go for something like a cafeteria. Perhaps a Luby's. Maybe out near Home Depot.

With a Starbucks Coffee next to it. Lol.
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#6 Apr 2, 2012
It's pretty pitiful when you yearn for a Luby's, isn't it Sheesh? I felt like an idiot salivating, waiting for Arby's to finally open. I've dropped 15 lbs in less than 2 years living here and it's not because I'm on a diet nor do I need to be. It's because I can't find any foods that I like to eat! We've figured out a pretty good approximation of a Schlotszky's sandwich though. We spent Friday evening and Sat. morning in FW and I swear I consumed more calories in 24 hours than I do in 3 days out here.
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#7 Apr 3, 2012
FWGirl wrote:
It's pretty pitiful when you yearn for a Luby's, isn't it Sheesh? I felt like an idiot salivating, waiting for Arby's to finally open. I've dropped 15 lbs in less than 2 years living here and it's not because I'm on a diet nor do I need to be. It's because I can't find any foods that I like to eat! We've figured out a pretty good approximation of a Schlotszky's sandwich though. We spent Friday evening and Sat. morning in FW and I swear I consumed more calories in 24 hours than I do in 3 days out here.
At least at a cafeteria, you can choose not to have something deep fried.:-)
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#8 Apr 3, 2012
Very true, Sheesh. Corsicana also seems to have an obsession with adding jack cheese or cheese sauce to EVERYTHING. I would love to eat Jalapeno stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp at Don Jose's for instance but they just have to add the damned cheese. Isn't bacon enough of an artery clogger??? GAH, no wonder everyone I know out here is dying before they're eligible for Social Security. The one time I went to OMI, I started having palpitations just reading the damned menu! OK, enough of my bitching for now. Luckily, I have to make a day trip to Dallas this weekend and can regain whatever weight I've lost while here in the 'Can. And do it with nutritious foods at that!
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#9 Apr 5, 2012
When you went to OMI, you did try the orange dip, right?
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#10 Apr 5, 2012
Blech.
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#11 Apr 7, 2012
Seriously? My favorite thing there.
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 11, 2012
I never realized it before I moved here but I am a total food snob. Not a fan of the orange dip. I should probably give it another try. It's been 4 years now. I'm just getting old and set in my ways. I want what i want and now I'm almost 2 hours away from everything I crave. Just being whiny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 16 Fossilfarts 736
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 29 Gasman 543
Jerry being replaced on KAND's Talk Time? (Apr '10) Oct '14 Kathy 22
Desoto is getting a Kohls distribution center (Jan '12) Oct '14 hank 6
New doubts arise over Corsicana man's execution Aug '14 These are People 2
Review: Arby's Aug '14 ash 1
Who do you support for State Senate in Texas (D... (Oct '10) Jul '14 The Frank Pharts 3

Corsicana News Video

Corsicana Dating
Find my Match

Corsicana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corsicana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corsicana

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:07 pm PST

NBC Sports11:07PM