where do you like to shop ?

Posted in the Corsicana Forum

randallh

Corsicana, TX

#1 May 9, 2011
besides the can where do you like to shop and eat ?

Since: Jun 10

Fort Worth, now Corsicana

#2 May 9, 2011
Eating in Ft.Worth:

Mexican: Benitos
TexMex: El Sombrero (Saginaw)
Steak: Cattleman's
Egyptian: King Tut
Home Cooking: Dixie House
Sushi: Most places are good
Vietnamese: Tu Hai
Fancy food: Cafe Modern
Burgers: Fred's Cafe, Kincaid's

Shopping in Ft. Worth

Groceries: Aldi, Town Talk, Kroger
Clothes, etc: Thrift Town (used goods) Hate malls and it's cheap!
New clothes and Shoes: Marshalls, Ross, Target or other outlet type stores.
Feed: Handley Feed Store
randallh

Corsicana, TX

#3 May 9, 2011
i like to shop in waco texas heb plus store in hewitt best buy books a million book store etc

#4 May 9, 2011
I haven't explored Waco much. We have to be in Dallas a lot and since it's the same distance, we tend to go there. Need to get to Waco and check out the restaurants. Maybe they have some of the stuff I tend to crave that I can't get in the 'can! What's the difference between HEB and HEB plus, Randall?
randallh

Corsicana, TX

#5 May 10, 2011
its a much larger store with food items from heb central market one of hebs other stores they carry general items tvs music cds much more expanded foods they have an heb plus in the waco suburb of hewitt the Bellmead store will be an heb plus store this fall. a much larger store to move around in a better bakery much more too chose from etc. one of my favorite places i like to shop at.
randallh

Corsicana, TX

#6 May 10, 2011
it has a better selection of foods in the heb plus stores in waco the bellmead store will be an heb plus store this fall a larger bakery a sit down place to eat within the heb plus store they carry foods from hebs other store central market more roomy to walk around in better selection waco has some great restruants too.
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#7 May 10, 2011
With gas prices near $4, I do a lot of my shopping, price comparisons, product research, etc. online.

#8 May 10, 2011
That's smart, Sheesh. I also shop online some but try to keep most of my tax $'s in Navarro County. Sometimes freight makes it cheaper to shop here, sometimes not. On major purchases, I definitely do my homework. Glad to see ya posting again!
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#9 May 10, 2011
I do try to trade with local businesses whenever I can, though.

#10 May 10, 2011
Now, Hillsboro used to have a really good MX place. It was across the street from Moreno's ? next to an old timey gas station. Last time we tried to go, it was closed so we went to Black Eyed Pea which I really love even though I try to eat at locally owned places. And Waco has a really good but kind of hippy dippy deli close to the college. Forget what it's called but the food was fantastic.

Sounds like an HEB plus would be a favorite of mine, too Randall. Maybe we'll get one eventually. I'd still like to see an Aldi come inj so that the stores would quit gouging us on basic goods!
annm

Duncanville, TX

#11 May 10, 2011
I contacted ED at City about contacting ALDI also one land owners near Denny to see if they might come. Did not hear anything back.
I would like a McAlister Deli here !!!!!!!! Delicious
or Chick Filet
In town, I like Mexican Inn and Chili and Cotton Patch. Would love to have a Crackle barrel out by the hotels if not for the food, would like the sales tax revenue for the city and county.
One of my favorite restaurants is near Pidgeon Forge, Severville - called the Apple Barn. Love LOVE LOVE THE FOOD and especially breakfast with all the apple side dishes - apple dumpling, apple turnover, apple butter, hot biscuits, delicious ham. making myself hungry. Whenver I go to TENN - I try to find a way to detour down there. Last summer I went with a good friend of mine after a two week trip (work) to W Virginia.

#12 May 10, 2011
Where in TN, Ann? I spent my childhood summers outside of Franklin, TN. Still have family there.
randallh

Corsicana, TX

#13 May 11, 2011
yes an heb plus would be nice so would a target store i guess the town will have to have more better paying jobs for retail to come in and a boost in the population i hear the major retailers only go to larger areas.
annm

Arlington, TX

#14 May 11, 2011
Target has done study twice, and we failed the test- Now our ED profile has to be changed from 26,700 population to 23,700 (see new updated population sign). Few more months before the new statistics about individual and household income are available. It is expected that number is going DOWN. The County had several communities with lost population. Growth in Rice and at The Lake
annm

Arlington, TX

#15 May 11, 2011
http://www.applewoodfarmhouserestaurant.com/h...

HUMMMM GOOD !!!

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant and Cider Mill - Love fresh COLD Apple Cider. Many times would buy stuff from the Barn and then ship back home. The growth of that place has been unbelievable since I found it about 20 years ago. Been there about 8 times or so - Before you get to Pidgeon Forge. Close to Dollywood

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
News Weekly Wrap-Up: Powerful Storms Bring Flooding,... May 15 nasty 1
News Busted ... again (Sep '07) May 8 meow for life 10
Review: Power Vapes Apr '15 cassi89 1
land acquiry Mar '15 JGK 2
News Area celebrations highlight July 4 holiday weekend (Jul '11) Mar '15 dit me may 11
More from around the web

Corsicana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]