Prater joins mayor's race

Prater joins mayor's race

There are 70 comments on the Corsicana Daily Sun story from Mar 11, 2011, titled Prater joins mayor's race. In it, Corsicana Daily Sun reports that:

Corsicana - The race for mayor in Corsicana got a little bigger Thursday with the filing of Vicky Prater for the post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Corsicana Daily Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#63 May 6, 2011
little birdie wrote:
<quoted text>there is no way you can say mr"hesdumb"
don't have "A Thought" I am sure any one that asks a question then answers it then Tells you how stupid you are.. here's a thought for him Please think about what you need or want to say, say it and shut up and wait for a response I promise someone will respond.. you dont have to answere yourself. Even dallas has an area of town where there are bars they dont have the entire area.
What?
Yogurt gurl

Grand Prairie, TX

#64 May 9, 2011
Vicky's a bull in a china shop. You think the Rawlins method of running city hall was arrogant, destructive and anti-business? You ain't seen nothing yet.(If you don't recall those Halcyon years, ask around. It was disastrous.)
Vicky as mayor will have businesses running for the hills. Want to see things change? Local industries are terrified of her. She'll speed up the downhill slide of the economy until there's nothing left but hair-cutting shops, Walmart and Sonic.
And by the way, Wisdom, name-calling is juvenile. Get a vocabulary and learn how to exchange ideas without turning into a six-year-old yelling "doo-doo head," and "cooties-for-brains. "

Since: Jun 10

Fort Worth, now Corsicana

#65 May 9, 2011
From what I've read in the papers and on here, we need a bull for a while, at least. We have fishy things going on downtown and all of them seem to originate from one source or at least lead back to the same source. It's time for a house cleaning and I don't see Ralph or Chuck as the types to do that. Sometimes when things get this entrenched, we need someone who is willing to do what's necessary to fix it. That would be Vicky. And I don't believe for one second that she will run off business. The PP issue is just a talking point for those who want to keep the status quo. The funny thing about #'s is you can skew them in any way that suits your purposes. The PP's were bad for the people who would have to put up with them, not going to bring in the revenues that the folks currently in charge like to claim and probably, as Ann said, going to not happen due to a stagnant economy, etc. They pulled the plug on other, less problematic projects for those reasons. Ms. Prater wants new business but I think she sees that Corsicana is better than, "Let's take all comers whether it is good for the city or not." I think her ideas to recruit industry are good. And I think she will represent the people and not a select few. And yes, MW loses a lot of credibility by posting some of the things he does. I wish he'd tone it down a bit, too!
layed back and off

Corsicana, TX

#66 May 9, 2011
FWgirl wrote:
From what I've read in the papers and on here, we need a bull for a while, at least. We have fishy things going on downtown and all of them seem to originate from one source or at least lead back to the same source. It's time for a house cleaning and I don't see Ralph or Chuck as the types to do that. Sometimes when things get this entrenched, we need someone who is willing to do what's necessary to fix it. That would be Vicky. And I don't believe for one second that she will run off business. The PP issue is just a talking point for those who want to keep the status quo. The funny thing about #'s is you can skew them in any way that suits your purposes. The PP's were bad for the people who would have to put up with them, not going to bring in the revenues that the folks currently in charge like to claim and probably, as Ann said, going to not happen due to a stagnant economy, etc. They pulled the plug on other, less problematic projects for those reasons. Ms. Prater wants new business but I think she sees that Corsicana is better than, "Let's take all comers whether it is good for the city or not." I think her ideas to recruit industry are good. And I think she will represent the people and not a select few. And yes, MW loses a lot of credibility by posting some of the things he does. I wish he'd tone it down a bit, too!
What she was trying to say is Ralph and Chuck don't have the balls to do what has to be done. Its gonna take a woman. I agree totally The guys are all thumb suckers doing what daddy is telling them . We as City of Corsicana have had all we can stand of that. We all need some individuals making decisions for the city, not a city making decisions for individuals.

#67 May 9, 2011
layed back and off wrote:
<quoted text>
What she was trying to say is Ralph and Chuck don't have the balls to do what has to be done. Its gonna take a woman. I agree totally The guys are all thumb suckers doing what daddy is telling them . We as City of Corsicana have had all we can stand of that. We all need some individuals making decisions for the city, not a city making decisions for individuals.
Thank you, LBAO. I will never say that but it was well said by you.
helen

Santa Clara, CA

#68 May 9, 2011
FatWhiteGirl, please shutup. Can you even vote in City elec?
layed back and off

Corsicana, TX

#69 May 10, 2011
Mr Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
If you don't know ask. Then wait for an answer. Don't answer yourself 10 times. Just make the statement.Example : Your an idiot.

#70 May 10, 2011
helen wrote:
FatWhiteGirl, please shutup. Can you even vote in City elec?
Helen/Jaksnads/Myter/City official???? Please quit embarrassing yourself with these juvenile posts. If you've read the forum you know I can not vote in the city elections. But I am a concerned non-citizen who if affected by voters' decisions therefore I care about the outcome. Now go find a ball of yarn to bat around until you have something useful to contribute.
Unsub

Cambridge, MA

#71 Aug 17, 2011
Look. All I want to know is if she is going to laugh at the execution of innocent people and hate science.

What this town needs is more uneducated cowboys. If she can provide that. i will be happy.
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#72 Aug 17, 2011
Unsub wrote:
Look. All I want to know is if she is going to laugh at the execution of innocent people and hate science.
What this town needs is more uneducated cowboys. If she can provide that. i will be happy.
We need more uneducated cowboys? Now, that's scary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single wome Apr '18 Brady 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Mar '18 Bot 26
Panthers Dec '17 Team 1
why black boys date white girls (Nov '11) Oct '17 Education get ya ... 8
News NORC Poll: Few approve of Trump's Puerto Rico r... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Trump is a joke 29
News Texas-News 3 mins ago 12:43 p.m.In Texas, undoc... (Dec '16) Dec '16 tomin cali 6
people (Sep '13) Dec '16 Elmhouse nosey 2

Corsicana Jobs

Personal Finance

Corsicana Mortgages