Prater joins mayor's race

Prater joins mayor's race

There are 70 comments on the Corsicana Daily Sun story from Mar 11, 2011, titled Prater joins mayor's race. In it, Corsicana Daily Sun reports that:

Corsicana - The race for mayor in Corsicana got a little bigger Thursday with the filing of Vicky Prater for the post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Corsicana Daily Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
layed back and off

Corsicana, TX

#1 Mar 12, 2011
Now ths city has a choice. You can sit on your haunches OR get something done. She will fight the whole city for one. Think how she would fight for the City of everyone!! Everyone says we need change from the good ol boys. DO IT VOTE.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#2 Mar 12, 2011
She is totally "anti small business" too...
Will find the links and I will post them.
We need young people to run this city.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#3 Mar 12, 2011
Prater and D. Rawlins voted against dance halls in downtown and other businesses in town.
What is d the difference between her and the current administration?
Comments are welcome…
myter

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Mar 13, 2011
Come on laid back and jackmeoffer, i would prefer brown over her, dont be a dooshbagg.
FWgirl

United States

#5 Mar 13, 2011
Didn't she used to own a bar???
Bob

Corsicana, TX

#6 Mar 13, 2011
See fights against progress, Power Plants, She want get my vote.
layed back and off

Corsicana, TX

#8 Mar 13, 2011
Mr Wisdom wrote:
Prater and D. Rawlins voted against dance halls in downtown and other businesses in town.
What is d the difference between her and the current administration?
Comments are welcome…
Now that she is running, it would be nice to know why she is against Power Plant. From what anyone on here is saying she is against everything. Get her feet to the fire and lets all find out where she stands. I don't care about a dance hall but I would like to have the power plant?!

JGK

Since: Dec 08

corsicana

#9 Mar 14, 2011
The good thing about a contested race is more topics get discussed and debated. Hopefully the winning candidate is listening to the concerns of the supporters of his/her opponents as well as their own supporters. A lot of those concerns are real and should be addressed as well.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#10 Mar 14, 2011
layed back and off wrote:
<quoted text>Now that she is running, it would be nice to know why she is against Power Plant. From what anyone on here is saying she is against everything. Get her feet to the fire and lets all find out where she stands. I don't care about a dance hall but I would like to have the power plant?!
Any business is good. You can't pick and choose...
Either she is pro business or not. Period!
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#11 Mar 14, 2011
Mr Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Any business is good. You can't pick and choose...
Either she is pro business or not. Period!
Agreed. And why not support a dance hall? We have virtually no real music venues here. Our local entertainment dollars go to other places. We could employ local people and raise tax revenues right here.
FWgirl

United States

#12 Mar 14, 2011
I've read a couple of things about Prater/power plants and always came away with the impression that environmental worries are secondary to her objections to the city giving tax breaks to them just to add 50 or 60 jobs to the rolls. She seems like a tax hawk to me. I felt like the environmental side was just adding fuel to her fire and possibly garnered support from those who are more concerned with that issue. Just my opinion after reading a few things...

In FW, the city loved to hand out zero property tax to large businesses and it was always a gamble. Radio Shack were the worst. They never created the jobs forecasted and in fact, downsized and then came back for another round of abatements or whatever they're called, too! Cabelas also had a similar outcome IIRC.

For me, the jury is still out on Prater and I do like her moxy.
FWgirl

United States

#13 Mar 14, 2011
I bumped another thread where the forum members decided that Prater is not against entertainment but is against power plants.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#14 Mar 15, 2011
FWgirl wrote:
I bumped another thread where the forum members decided that Prater is not against entertainment but is against power plants.
Good to know that!
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#15 Mar 15, 2011
As long as the “old boys” leave we are all happy. There is no reason for people to be working for the city for more than 10 years. That includes police department. They have to leave and let other people work. I believe they do it because they don’t want change. The “old boys” in the police department have to go too and the current city attorney.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#16 Mar 15, 2011
They are all toxic to the development of this city.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#17 Mar 15, 2011
We should vote for anyone other than Chuck McClanahan or Chaston Roston Jr.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#18 Mar 15, 2011
Question for Prater:
Will you promote Bars and entertainment in town?
Are you willing to fight the “phony regulations” the city passed that are currently affecting some business owners?
FWgirl

United States

#19 Mar 15, 2011
I would like to know how she plans to attract industry and other large companies who will bring lots of decent paying jobs to the area. Then maybe she'll expound on her objections to the power plant that so many are curious about. She's good on saving tax $'s but it's always good to expand the tax base as well.
Mr Wisdom

Wilmer, TX

#20 Mar 15, 2011
Lets remember that McClanahan was recommended by Brown so he is automatically disqualify to run for mayor.
FWgirl

United States

#21 Mar 15, 2011
Yeah. If I could vote it'd be for Prater or one of the Gonzales's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Corrupt Navarro County Police May '16 411crime 1
kit (Sep '13) May '16 Friend 8
Sam Houston Elementary Mar '16 Kittycat 1
kit (Oct '13) Mar '16 Con artist valid 5
free electricity in corsicana, texas! Feb '16 QuickConnect 1
Mildred Superintendent (Aug '15) Feb '16 Unknown1 2

Corsicana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corsicana Mortgages