Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Gee, Lake Joe, why all the negativity?

The fact is the marina is already there - just look at the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Sure looks like a marina with floating boat slips...

Many of the boats already there are of good size (25 ft+ long) and are sitting on floating boat lifts that need more than 5 feet of water. There's at least one sailboat there that has a ~6ft draft with its keel. So if the marina only had 5 feet of water, the skipper wouldn't be able to maneuver.

Sorry - your position isn't supported by the facts.
Waste of Money

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

Bought a condo on first day of sales.
Have waited for 12-13 months and seen no progress.
Have called J&J to find out about progess only to be told "Just wait a month, the slab will be poured, the plumbing will be in.........."
Finally cornered a "broker", on 8/14/2010.
Was told that the investors have not received financing, read $$$, and that while I may want my $$$ back there is a 24 month clause in the contract so we have to wait until late next year to get our $$$ back.
Also here are some quotes from today below, from the "broker":
"I don't understand finance, but they are issuing bonds. They are AAA rated, but they want to get a lower interest rate."
"The investors have alreay spent over $400,000 on the wastewater plant"
"They don't have the funding to build the building"
"As soon as the first building is started, I can have 20 contracts."
layed back and off

Corsicana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

Fred wrote:
I don't think Richland-Chambers will ever be a Cedar Creek..Only a fraction of the lake is useable, unless you fish. There are so many trees in it, I will never be back. Been there three times, hit trees in middle of lake each time..
Also, north of the 287 bridge, the view of the water is filled with dead trees in the lake.
you must be a retard 3 times hahahahahahaha
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

I hope thats not the all of a marina they plan! 600 lots in The Shores and 288 condos will not fit in that marina. Not matter what the video shows I promise its SHALLOW Ive been in there many times. I bet plenty of people are demanding money back, someone is making alot of interst off your money.
In the know at RC

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Hey Joe,
I'll be happy to meet you at the Marina with a depth finder! Also do you know what a 3rd Party Trust account is? The Earnest money is being held in a local title company's trust account. By the way bank interest these days can only be seen with a microscope.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Yep well aware of a trust account, its a way for a developer to go to an investor and say "hey look I have all this money from people that want these, can you front me this amount to build" then the investors money sits in a front loaded fund ( or rear, you pick) hoping to make money for the builder. Easiest way to shut all the naysayers up is to build the damn things and give people what they paided for. Completion date on the first phase was sold in the beginning as summer of 2010, think thats still a good time frame? You "MIGHT' see 30 foot of water past the eddy and stumps on the right. but not under any of the boat slips forsure.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

I will say I do hope its works out, it will bring a much needed boost to lake dead lake that needs it.
In the know too

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Lake Joe,
Clearing up more confusion, if the builder allows the investors to sit on the money, the amount of interest that would accrue on that size of a loan would break the project. No one is sitting on anything. The only way for the builder or developer to make money is to build the "damn thing" as you so eloquently put it. And no...I do not believe that the time frame that was quoted last summer is currently a good time frame...but someone must have known that complications arise in this sort of development because a time frame of two years was written in the contract and explained to the buyers.
As far as the boat slips depth under Marina, I do not know of any boat slips on RC Lake where the depth is 30 feet under them and I have measured a lot of them for buyers. If you truly want to see a much needed boost to the Lake......stay positive. It will happen! The Lake is incredible in so many ways and has so much to offer.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Well Mr Teel you stay positive and keep dodging phone calls from demanding customers and i'm sure oneday you will be able to say I told you so. All I know is someone is sitting on ALOT of other peoples moneys and you already got your check for the sale. All I know is call some of the other realtors around the lake and listen to how they steer you away from this project. I know I just bought lake front on Cedar Creek after a year worth of looking on RC.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

I believe this photo was taken a 6 foot low wasn't it??
[img]http://www.texasoutside.c om/r1.jpg[/img]
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Sorry photo was from 10 foot down
In the know too

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

If we were dodging phone calls, we would have left our number off the previous post. Yes, we have been partially paid for some of the work that has been done up to this point. We could not work for free and the fact that the developer has paid over 100k plus out of his pocket to all realtors involved for commissions to get this project going is actually a plus point in his favor amongst the negativity that you spread.
The "someone" sitting on the earnest money is the escrow agent who is not a party to the transaction.
If it is true that the realtors around the Lake are steering people from the project, then it is because of their ignorance of the project. To my knowledge, not one Realtor from the Lake area has been to the Condo project and gotten information in which to make an intelligent recommendation to their customers. Which makes no sense if you are advising on the validity of a project. And if you just bought on Cedar Creek....why do you even care about Richland Chambers Lake and it's future??? Why don't you just leave it to the good folks in the area that ae trying to make a difference and are working hard toward a positive future?? I have met and grown close to a large community of Lake residents and THEY are what make the area. Not the terrain or the water depths, I am positive that there is a Higher Power in control of the situation and I sleep well at night knowing that it is out of my hands and I have integrity on my side. If you would like to meet with us to clear up any misconceptions, we would be glad to oblige. Otherwise, I suggest you identify yourself and your qualifications to make such judgments on something you know so little about. An anonymous source is an illegitimate source.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Just answer one question and i'll be done posting. What date will the first owner be able to move furniture in?
Social Media Critic

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

Wow! Perfect material for my current research topic!

Lake Joe, sounds like you have a serious beef with these condos....why? An attitude like yours could only come from a personal problem. Isn't it common knowledge that a multi-million dollar project takes a little while to get off its feet? I think so....you must not understand investments of this magnitude....OBVIOUSLY.

Also, I understand "in the know too" taking the time to post on this...you are publicly bashing not only the condos, but their reputation as professionals. You clearly have too much time on your hands if you can spend this much time on a TUESDAY bad-mouthing a project that you have NOTHING to do with. As a professional Social Media Marketer, you clearly don't understand the magnitude of making unsupported claims online.

I believe it is the responsibility of every user to keep the internet as truthful as possible so it can be a trusted resource. I am currently doing a study on the validity of user reviews. In my opinion you are not only tarnishing the reputation of these condos and those that represent them...you are also tarnishing the reputation of the internet as a whole.
GHOSTMAN

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

Social Media Critic wrote:
Lake Joe, sounds like you have a serious beef with these condos....why? An attitude like yours could only come from a personal problem. Isn't it common knowledge that a multi-million dollar project takes a little while to get off its feet? I think so....you must not understand investments of this magnitude....OBVIOUSLY.
Also, I understand "in the know too" taking the time to post on this...you are publicly bashing not only the condos, but their reputation as professionals. You clearly have too much time on your hands if you can spend this much time on a TUESDAY bad-mouthing a project that you have NOTHING to do with. As a professional Social Media Marketer, you clearly don't understand the magnitude of making unsupported claims online.
I believe it is the responsibility of every user to keep the internet as truthful as possible so it can be a trusted resource. I am currently doing a study on the validity of user reviews. In my opinion you are not only tarnishing the reputation of these condos and those that represent them...you are also tarnishing the reputation of the internet as a whole.
You are crazy!
This is a public forum.
People can say whatever they want.
I have not seen any condo yet...
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

plus everything I said is fact;
marina is not 30 foot deep TRUE
someone is sitting on peoples money TRUE
current marina will be too small for 822 clients TRUE
no one will give a move in date TRUE
In the know too

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

1)Marina is 30 foot at the jetty. FACT
2)The Shores allows boat house construction on the owners individual lots. The marina is not for the Shores owners unless they want to rent a boat slip from the Marina.FACT
3)No one is sitting on anyone's money. It is deposited at the Title Company just as in any real estate transaction so that the money is safe.FACT
4)Tarrant County has given permission to build up to an additional 1000 boat slips if necessary for the Condo Owners and expand Marina as necessary. FACT.
5)No one CAN give move in date with uncertainties in commercial lending and any unforeseen construction delays that may occur. FACT.
Like I said before....If you bought on Cedar Creek Lake....Why do you care and continue to be a negative Ninny? It seems as if you just like to stir the pot.
One last thing...No one is dodging phone calls. You are not a condo buyer, so how could you make such maliciously false accusations? That is a personal assault to the integrity of someone you do not know. And since you have no first hand knowledge of this, please refrain from doing so in the future. This will be my last post in response to ANYTHING you say. Because it is pointless to argue with someone with so little accurate information and one that is unwilling to get the true facts before spewing nonsense.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Saying an anonymous person is dodging phone calls is hardly a "personal" assault.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

And I might be more invested then you know ;)
GHOSTMAN

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

Social Media Critic wrote:
"I am currently doing a study on the validity of user reviews. In my opinion you are not only tarnishing the reputation of these condos and those that represent them...you are also tarnishing the reputation of the internet as a whole."

You are joking right?
Do you realize that you are posting on TOPIX?
You are a joke!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Corsicana News Video

•••
Corsicana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Corsicana Jobs

•••
•••
•••