Comments
1 - 20 of 117 Comments Last updated Jun 11, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
randallh

Corsicana, TX

#1 Oct 5, 2009
i just read in the corsicana daily sun that they want to build condos on the north part of richland chambers lake with the blessing of city and county leaders and mr mcleary do you think that area of the lake is growing? i have been to nearby cedar creek lake where there is growth.do you think richland chambers lake will ever see retail or businesses in that part of the county?
WALTER

Lewisville, TX

#2 Oct 5, 2009
The condos are great!
The idea is fantastic!
Hopefully the city officials don’t ruin the future development of that area with their crazy radical close minded conservative ideas…
Granbury was developed around the lake and is a big success.
Susan

Dallas, TX

#3 Oct 5, 2009
You do realize that the City of Corsicana has nothig to do with this development because it isn't in the city limits.
AggieGRAD

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Oct 5, 2009
Regardless if the city has nothing to do with the development around the lake. The city should promote it and embrace it. As the recreational population grows, it will effect the city of corsicana.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#5 Apr 5, 2010
This lake will be a whole new world in the next 10 years. It has everything going for it. Not a Corp lake, large, cheap lake front property, most lakes around DFW are maxed out and newest lake in Texas. Buy land NOW and hold on for the ride. No i'm not a realtor.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#6 Apr 5, 2010
Oh and I dont think the condos will ever take off. I dont see the funding being there (or pre-sales). That land still sits as it did a year ago when it started. One office.
Looking for Lakefront

Euless, TX

#7 Apr 30, 2010
Lake Joe,

Do you have any hard information on the condos not taking off or is this just speculation. I am very interested in what the condos would offer but have been waiting to see construction start before putting money down. If this is not going to happen soon I would like to know so I can start looking for property elsewhere.

Thanks!
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#8 May 3, 2010
All speculation, I'm sure they are still trying to bank roll the condo project. Who nows your money might be just the amount they need to break ground.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#9 May 25, 2010
37 condo are sold and they are building a retaining wall as we speak. I was told the contract on these condos is the weirdest ever written. So much so that the major lake realitors won't even take a customer to them. But on another note all but 2 lot in The Shores is sold.
Looking for Lakefront

Euless, TX

#10 Jun 25, 2010
Yeah. I was down there over memorial day weekend and saw that the retaining wall is now complete and they were about to start doing foundation work. I am being told they plan on having the first building complete by next spring. Seems a little aggressive to me but I guess we'll see. I think I'm going to see how the first building turns out before doing anything. You've got me curious now with your comment about the contracts. I guess I need to talk to a local realtor to find out what thats all about. Any recommendations?
TX Sailor

Houston, TX

#11 Jun 27, 2010
We signed a contract last fall for one of the units in the first building. It would be interesting to know why others think it is the "weirdest ever" contract. These are condos, so there are going to be more restrictions on what you can/can't do vs having a single family home.

Realtors probably don't like it because it's not geared to flippers and renters. For example, you agree to not sell the unit for 1 year after closing so that you're not competing with the developer. Also, you can rent out your unit, but it has to be for a minimum of 30 days. That's ok with me - I don't want to live in a motel.

Regarding financing, the development company (based in Michigan) is backed by a private investment company in California. The developer says they are fully funded for phase one.

We are somewhat frustrated though that construction is moving at a snail's pace. I know they're way behind because winter was bad, but the weather's good now, so let's kick it up a notch folks! I'm ready to get on the lake!
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#12 Jun 28, 2010
300 a month in condo fees and no promise date on the marina, sent us looking else where.
TX Sailor

Houston, TX

#13 Jun 29, 2010
You're generally correct on the condo fees, but note they could be slightly higher or lower depending on the size of your unit.

But that ~$300/mo pays for structure insurance, internet and basic cable, with the rest going towards maintenance & landscaping. Not bad when compared to a single family home.

Not sure what you mean about the marina. It's already there and there are plenty of open slips.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#14 Jun 30, 2010
I hope thats not the marina they are going to use. 288 condos and that shallow water small marina is going to be a nightmare. The site plans show a very nice new marina. Lake rumors has it the restaurant is about to close down again for the third time since I been on the lake. Man I hope every thing works out, my family owns waterfront just across the highway and that lake needs a modern touch BAD.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#15 Jul 12, 2010
Heard this weekend they need 51% of the units under contract before the lender will let them brake ground and they are still at less then 15% now. Also the restaurant just sold again and the food is not good. I didnt realize you could cut a t-bone the same thickness as lunch meat till this past weekend.
Fred

United States

#16 Jul 16, 2010
I don't think Richland-Chambers will ever be a Cedar Creek..Only a fraction of the lake is useable, unless you fish. There are so many trees in it, I will never be back. Been there three times, hit trees in middle of lake each time..
Also, north of the 287 bridge, the view of the water is filled with dead trees in the lake.

JGK

Since: Dec 08

corsicana

#17 Jul 18, 2010
It has taken Cedar Creek fifty years to get where it is. I can remember when areas of Cedar Creek still had dead trees standing that since fallen over. About five years ago when the lake was down I found one of those under water stumps and had to put a new prop on.
In the know at RC

Kerens, TX

#19 Aug 6, 2010
Lake Joe,
No offense but get your facts straight on Northshore Harbor Condominiums (the water at the Northshore Marina is 30 ft, shallow?) The restaraunt is open 7 days a week and is not closing anytime in the near future in fact it has had the same owner since Nov 2008 and now the food is pretty good, I will be eating there tonight. The maintenance fees for the condos begin at $159 and top out at $270 for the biggest units. This development will change the landscape at Richland Chambers and contrary to all the nay sayers construction will be beginning sooner than later. And by the way the sales goal to move the project forward was hit several months back. Maybe you should talk to someone who is in the know at Richland Chambers instead of spreading ignorant rumors.
In the know too

Dallas, TX

#20 Aug 6, 2010
That is right. I am the broker on the project and the contracts were written by a condo attorney and are in line with all TREC rules, so that is complete bunk about realtors being afraid of the contract, to my knowledge, local realtors have Not even seen it except the ones that have brought buyers and have already received commissions. So, if what your saying is correct, they are so scared that they ran all the way to the bank with their checks.
Lake Joe

Irving, TX

#21 Aug 9, 2010
All BS even Navionics chart shows it to be 5 foot of water. When will construction start?? Marina and/or condo's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 34 min Shane Corson 17,868
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 hr Gasman 22,276
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Aug 21 Gasman 523
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Gasman 766
•••

Corsicana News Video

•••
•••

Corsicana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Corsicana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••