FWGirl

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

I spent a few days in Dallas this week and a friend mentioned that Desoto will soon have a Kohls DC. I think that's where HD relocated to recently. If Desoto does get a DC, does that mean ours will be gone? Just looking for more info from any of you who may know something.

Since: Jan 12

Red Oak, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Judged:

FWGirl wrote:
I spent a few days in Dallas this week and a friend mentioned that Desoto will soon have a Kohls DC. I think that's where HD relocated to recently. If Desoto does get a DC, does that mean ours will be gone? Just looking for more info from any of you who may know something.
No DeSoto is getting a EFC(I think that's what is called) they handle the online shopping. If you buy something online you get it from the EFC. If you bug something from the store it comes from a DC. I work at kohls and in our quarterly meeting it was announced. For the same reason that there was a rumor that ours was closing down.
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Thanks, Eddy! Good to hear.
seasonal employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Khols efc in desirous TX is a great place everyone is so nice at first while you're an employee. But when the let you go its crazy how they attitudes flair up. I was a seasonal employee until today the thought they were going to have more volume then expected. But they were so wrong they first told us that our assignments would end at the beginning of 2013. Then we had a meeting and they told us December 31,2012. OK that was cool too. But then they went and started firing people for any reason at all because they couldn't pay us for supposedly no work. OK so then they have me come to work today and have a meeting that says basically you're fired. Everything else shuts down after that, they didn't want to let us get cups for ice they didn't even want us in HR...how rude they had attitudes telling us that we had to wait in the lobby because we wasnt employees anymore. I really like the job itself but they are not organized. Thanks
Tag

Desoto, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

I had a seasonal job with Kohls EFC until yesterday. I would not recommend this seasonal job to anybody. I have never been in a warehouse that has ran so unorganized. It is told they hire and fire about 200 people a month. You have a good chance getting hired on if you are on food stamps or over 40 and have not been employed for a while because if they hire you and you are there for 60 days they make money off of you from the Government on you.

I would not hold my breath about going from seasonal to full time.

Favoritism among the supervisors and mangers are strongly played out. Areas you think is something you should move up into will be taken by people who the supervisor favor not by who can actually get the work done.

Supervisors will threaten write ups if you are standing around talking. The supervisor in my area constantly threaten to write you up if you are standing around talking and not working. The funny thing is he never stick to his word. He plays i favoritism with some of the workers and gets right in the middle of the conversation and talks with them.

Racism is very strong in this place. This place is pretty much 75% black 20% hispanic, 5% white. There is no equality in this place and you will never hear the end of how whitey shouldn't have a job there when they have brothers and sisters needing the job.

Nobody works. Most people stands around and talk which is so annoying, racism is thick here, supervisors plays favoritism which again is annoying,

This place would run a whole lot smoother if people including the supervisors would actually WORK! Countless times I have seen the supervisors play on their phone. The supervisor in my area wants the team to supervise themselves he for coming up to him. As he puts it if you have a problem with someone talk to them first before coming to talk to him. Are you serious? That is the worsted advice from a leader. He said the same thing about our stretches. He said not to wait on him to do stretches. He may run late. So start them when enough people are here.. Again I must ask are you serious? I must say he is not much of a leader. It is no wonder that the sorting area IS FAILING! And they keep blaming the workers.

You can't have a high turnover rate and expect to get things done.

As of today the DeSoto EFC is 1.5 million orders behind. Kohls corporate office has shut off orders to the EFC because it is not running efficiently.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Corsicana News Video

•••
Corsicana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Corsicana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••