boating accident on richland chambers...

boating accident on richland chambers friday night

Posted in the Corsicana Forum

friend

Conroe, TX

#1 Dec 14, 2008
Does anyone know about this? There is a search for a missing person and from what I know only two boats are available to search...

JGK

Since: Dec 08

corsicana

#2 Dec 14, 2008
I know nothing about the accident, but if you are a friend of those in the accident you may be able to gain information from the Navarro County Sheriff's Dept (you will have to look it up, the forum will not let me post a phone number) or how to contact the game warden involved with the search.
There are several volunteer organizations that work in such searches. Since we have had a high wind for the last couple days they may have a limited number of larger boats available that can handle the wind on the open areas of the lake.
Like I said I know nothing of the accident, just commenting on what I know from the current conditions here.
joe

Wylie, TX

#3 Dec 14, 2008
yes there was an accident there is a missing early 20's male any information?
BB L

Hallettsville, TX

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Here is what happened. I am a fellow Class mate and live down the street from Chase who is missing.
Friday night (12/12/08) Chase Bergfeld, Kayla Kitten, Blaise Williams, Chelsie Plengemeyer, LeeAnn Papst, Kelsey Mithchell, Kirbi Gayle, Austin Anderson, Matt Gravitt, and Jamie went to Blaise's lake house in Corsicana, Texas to celebrate finishing up with finals. Around 9:00 we drove a boat to a bar/restaraunt where we all had a great time, then left at about 10:30 or 11:00. Half way home we hit a stump in the lake causing all passengers to be thrown from the boat and the boat to flip. There were no serious injuries, just cuts and bruises. Chase encouraged all of us to try our hardest to flip the boat back over..but we did not succeed. we all sat on the underside of the boat and floated, paddled, and screamed for help,but no help came.. It was about 40 degrees outside and the coldness was unbearable.Chase was the most encouraging, positive person in such a terrible situation. Some point in the night Chase bravely got into the water and pushed the boat, determined to get us all home and promised that everything would be okay and that we would all be alright. Somewhere between 2 and 3 a.m Chase began to become delirious and was in obvious need of help. Blaise and Austin then left the boat to swim to shore for help. We all just held on to eachother helplessly and just waited. Some point around 3 or 4 a.m Chase went missing. soon after there was a change in the current and we drifted to shore where we walked to a house for help. We immediately called the cops. Chases family, friends, police, parks and wildlife, and the sheriffs department are all looking for Chase. He needs our prayers more than anything right now, so we are just asking for every person who was blessed to be apart of Chases life and those who were not to not stop praying.

JGK

corsicana

#6 Dec 15, 2008
Here is the story in the local paper today.

http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/local/local_...

thoughts and prayers for the young man who is missing, family and friends

as well as the young people on the boat with him taht night
ejlg

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Dec 17, 2008
We are some of the folks where the 7 got help. Can you please get in contact with us re clothing we want to return. We are praying constantly as we watch the search going on.
BB L wrote:
Here is what happened. I am a fellow Class mate and live down the street from Chase who is missing.
Friday night (12/12/08) Chase Bergfeld, Kayla Kitten, Blaise Williams, Chelsie Plengemeyer, LeeAnn Papst, Kelsey Mithchell, Kirbi Gayle, Austin Anderson, Matt Gravitt, and Jamie went to Blaise's lake house in Corsicana, Texas to celebrate finishing up with finals. Around 9:00 we drove a boat to a bar/restaraunt where we all had a great time, then left at about 10:30 or 11:00. Half way home we hit a stump in the lake causing all passengers to be thrown from the boat and the boat to flip. There were no serious injuries, just cuts and bruises. Chase encouraged all of us to try our hardest to flip the boat back over..but we did not succeed. we all sat on the underside of the boat and floated, paddled, and screamed for help,but no help came.. It was about 40 degrees outside and the coldness was unbearable.Chase was the most encouraging, positive person in such a terrible situation. Some point in the night Chase bravely got into the water and pushed the boat, determined to get us all home and promised that everything would be okay and that we would all be alright. Somewhere between 2 and 3 a.m Chase began to become delirious and was in obvious need of help. Blaise and Austin then left the boat to swim to shore for help. We all just held on to eachother helplessly and just waited. Some point around 3 or 4 a.m Chase went missing. soon after there was a change in the current and we drifted to shore where we walked to a house for help. We immediately called the cops. Chases family, friends, police, parks and wildlife, and the sheriffs department are all looking for Chase. He needs our prayers more than anything right now, so we are just asking for every person who was blessed to be apart of Chases life and those who were not to not stop praying.

JGK

corsicana

#8 Dec 18, 2008
jak

United States

#9 Feb 6, 2009
ejlg wrote:
We are some of the folks where the 7 got help. Can you please get in contact with us re clothing we want to return. We are praying constantly as we watch the search going on. <quoted text>
I am a family member of one of the seven I would love to thank you for all you did for my daughter
jak

United States

#10 Feb 6, 2009
I am the mother of one of the girls and would like to thank you for your kindness and care of my daughter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Corrupt Navarro County Police May '16 411crime 1
kit (Sep '13) May '16 Friend 8
Sam Houston Elementary (Mar '16) Mar '16 Kittycat 1
kit (Oct '13) Mar '16 Con artist valid 5
free electricity in corsicana, texas! (Feb '16) Feb '16 QuickConnect 1
Mildred Superintendent (Aug '15) Feb '16 Unknown1 2

Corsicana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corsicana Mortgages