Posted in the Corsicana Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Mar 29, 2011
Quote:

She brought up that the sitting City Mayor, loaned the City manager the money for her townhouse. That is true. According to Ms Standridge it was a typical mortgage agreement. Be interesting to see if it is truly a typical mortgage agreement and that payments are being made monthly and at what interest rate. It seems odd that a city manager would purchase a house and only live in it a few days and weeks a year, as her primary residence is in Freestone County. Not only would she have the mortgage payments, but also the utilities and taxes. Oh, I forgot! The taxes are being paid by the Mayor. Very Interesting!

It was stated that the sitting Mayor loaned approximately $ 400,000 to a sitting City Council member to purchase a residence outside the councilman’s precinct. This move was made long before the issue was pushed and the Councilman resigned months after his move out of the precinct.

http://www.navarrocountytimes.com/pages/...

Excellent job NCT!
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Mar 29, 2011
"Oh, I forgot! The taxes are being paid by the Mayor. Very Interesting!"

Corruption?
Let me think…
Buying votes and city employees…
Mmmmm…
I’m still wondering…
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Mar 29, 2011
Where is the FBI?
Please!
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 29, 2011
I do enjoy the NCT. They like to get down and dirty. So, is the mayor in Real estate or the banking business?
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Mar 29, 2011
FWGirl wrote:
I do enjoy the NCT. They like to get down and dirty. So, is the mayor in Real estate or the banking business?
Oh FWG, you are so uninformed, he is an oilman, that should give you an idea…
Word in the street, he is worth about 20 mill…
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Mar 29, 2011
FWGirl wrote:
I will donate money to their cause as long as they continue to research these kind of issues.
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#7 Mar 29, 2011
Now I am more informed :P That is why I come here with my questions!

It seems like I read that he was making loans to the Council person and city manager and that's how he explained the townhome situation. Can't remember where I read that. But that's why I asked.
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Mar 29, 2011
FWGirl wrote:
Now I am more informed :P That is why I come here with my questions!
It seems like I read that he was making loans to the Council person and city manager and that's how he explained the townhome situation. Can't remember where I read that. But that's why I asked.
I need a loan too!
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#9 Mar 29, 2011
Here it is and he says he is in the mortgage business so perhaps I am more well informed than you think,MW!!!

http://corsicanadailysun.com/news/x1498144635...

Still, I'll keep coming here for your charming conversations and diplomatic responses.
concerned and confused

Corsicana, TX

#10 Mar 29, 2011
This city is full of corruption at the top. The NCT is brave enough to print some of these facts and I applaud them for it. I will be very active this year in helping the right people get elected to office and with any luck we can remove the "haves" from office since the city is mostly made up of "have nots".
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#11 Mar 29, 2011
Kudos to you, Concerned. If I remember correctly, you like Prater for mayor. Who do you like in the council races?
get over yourself

Corsicana, TX

#12 Mar 29, 2011
Mr. Wisdom

Finally something we agree on!
Mr Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh FWG, you are so uninformed, he is an oilman, that should give you an idea…
Word in the street, he is worth about 20 mill…
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#13 Mar 29, 2011
get over yourself wrote:
Mr. Wisdom
Finally something we agree on!
<quoted text>
Hey! Now who's being not so nice?!?!
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Mar 29, 2011
FWGirl wrote:
Here it is and he says he is in the mortgage business so perhaps I am more well informed than you think,MW!!!
http://corsicanadailysun.com/news/x1498144635...
Still, I'll keep coming here for your charming conversations and diplomatic responses.
Interesting!
I would like to believe that in these 2 specific cases there was no conflict of interest.
Skeptic...
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#15 Mar 29, 2011
Mr Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting!
I would like to believe that in these 2 specific cases there was no conflict of interest.
Skeptic...
I'm also skeptical on this one. We have a council person and a city manager beholden to the mayor. Just doesn't seem right to me. It's like the cheating on the test issue. Public officials should NEVER give any ammo to the people they serve to think they may be doing something shady. Plenty of mortgage companies to go through so why open up the worm can?
get over yourself

Tampa, FL

#16 Mar 29, 2011
FWGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Now who's being not so nice?!?!
Yeah I know right! I play nice now!
Veritas

Corsicana, TX

#17 Mar 29, 2011
Mr. Wisdom, haven't agreed with your previous posts; however, this is one is different. Hell yeah! something's rotten when the mayor is "loaning" money to the city council members and to city manager. My boss is not my lender, and for a good reason, it gives the appearance, if it is not the reality, of buying votes.
Veritas

Corsicana, TX

#18 Mar 29, 2011
concerned and confused wrote:
This city is full of corruption at the top. The NCT is brave enough to print some of these facts and I applaud them for it. I will be very active this year in helping the right people get elected to office and with any luck we can remove the "haves" from office since the city is mostly made up of "have nots".
Me 2. I encourage everyone to take advantage of this election and vote for change. I haven't seen any yards signs for Vicky Prater. Any information on her and is she still running for mayor?
get over yourself

Tampa, FL

#19 Mar 29, 2011
Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Me 2. I encourage everyone to take advantage of this election and vote for change. I haven't seen any yards signs for Vicky Prater. Any information on her and is she still running for mayor?
As far as I know she is. There is another thread you may be interested in having to do with too many people running..........
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#20 Mar 29, 2011
get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I know she is. There is another thread you may be interested in having to do with too many people running..........
I hope I wasn't misunderstood. I'm GLAD there's a lot of interest and people willing to serve. I just worry that if there's not a designated percentage (in the Gov race, Perry needed I think 35% to avoid a run-off) that the vote will be split and McC will be the winner. Make sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Area celebrations highlight July 4 holiday weekend (Jul '11) Mar 3 dit me may 11
Misty Rivera Mar 1 Concern citizen 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614
the 4th one the oldest child she walked away from Jan '15 rea2 1
3 of the four she walked away from Jan '15 rea2 1
Big Hops to open beer bar near downtown Jan '15 Leachmark707 1

Corsicana News Video

Corsicana Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corsicana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE