Forum for TYC facility coming up on 5/7.

Forum for TYC facility coming up on 5/7.

Posted in the Corsicana Forum

Since: Jun 10

Fort Worth, now Corsicana

#1 Apr 26, 2011
jaksnads

Europe

#2 Apr 30, 2011
duh. who cares.
Old grease monkey

Corsicana, TX

#3 May 1, 2011
I hope our Mayor and City Manager and Council Show up for this. But they might consider that beneath them. Hope to see yall there.

#4 May 1, 2011
Old grease monkey wrote:
I hope our Mayor and City Manager and Council Show up for this. But they might consider that beneath them. Hope to see yall there.
I hope so, too. And I will do my very best to attend. A lot of local jobs hang in the balance on this one.

#5 May 1, 2011
http://corsicanadailysun.com/local/x277106202...

According to today's article, in other cities, between 300 and 800 people have attended similar meetings. I think it's important that all who can attend, do attend. Surely most people know someone who feeds their family by working at the TYC facility. And the facility will grow in inmates and employees since the state will be closing 3 of them and distributing inmates to the surviving ones. We talk all the time about bringing jobs to Corsicana. This is an opportunity to save some jobs and add some, too!

JGK

Since: Dec 08

corsicana

#6 May 2, 2011
Old grease monkey wrote:
I would be very surprised if you don't see all them there, plus all the Navarro County officials since this effects the entire county. Matter of fact the city council of every single town in the county needs to be there. Expect there will be showing from chamber folks as well. Really every citizen of the county who is not working on that day should be present.

#7 May 6, 2011
This is tomorrow, folks!

#8 May 7, 2011
Just returned from this. I missed the first part but I saw a lot of compelling testimony from the speakers I did see. If anyone else went, lemme know what I missed please.
FWGirl

United States

#9 Jun 3, 2011
Our TYC facility is not closing! That's good news for a couple hundred families.

JGK

Since: Dec 08

corsicana

#10 Jun 3, 2011
FWGirl wrote:
Our TYC facility is not closing! That's good news for a couple hundred families.
Great News. The general budget cuts going on are going to effect Navarro County enough. If we had lost an employer like that it would have really effected lots of businesses in the county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panthers Dec '17 Team 1
why black boys date white girls (Nov '11) Oct '17 Education get ya ... 8
News NORC Poll: Few approve of Trump's Puerto Rico r... Oct '17 Trump is a joke 29
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 19
News Texas-News 3 mins ago 12:43 p.m.In Texas, undoc... (Dec '16) Dec '16 tomin cali 6
people (Sep '13) Dec '16 Elmhouse nosey 2
Corrupt Navarro County Police (May '16) May '16 411crime 1

Corsicana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corsicana Mortgages