any change here in C orsicana

Posted in the Corsicana Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
randallh

Corsicana, TX

#1 Mar 28, 2011
do you think there will be real change if a new mayor and city council get elected i hope so i think citizens are tired of the same old city hall politics.
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Mar 28, 2011
RALPH GONZALEZ
BANK OF AMERICA PARKING LOT
5-7 PM
APRIL 1ST.
FREE FOOD
COME WITH US!
MAKE A REAL CAHNGE!
FWGirl

Dallas, TX

#3 Mar 28, 2011
Mr Wisdom wrote:
RALPH GONZALEZ
BANK OF AMERICA PARKING LOT
5-7 PM
APRIL 1ST.
FREE FOOD
COME WITH US!
MAKE A REAL CAHNGE!
I would like to see what he has to say. I'll put a reminder on my calendar!

Since: Jun 10

Fort Worth, now Corsicana

#4 Apr 3, 2011
Well, hell, I missed this event. Did anyone here attend? If so, what did you think?
Awaiting change

Dallas, TX

#5 Apr 3, 2011
I heard very few citizens attended. Maybe a handful.

#6 Apr 3, 2011
That's a real shame. I feel bad for having missed it. Ralph can't feel great about it either. It's sad that with all that's gone on recently: kidnapper/torturer/probable murderer, police issues, murder-suicide, etc. that more people aren't participating in the political process. Not that all of those are political issues, but in a county with this few people, that's a lot of awful news. Seems like people would get a bit more active.
Awaiting change

Dallas, TX

#7 Apr 3, 2011
I will say in order to make a real change in Corsicana, we need not only worry about Mayor...we also need both council seats with people who support change. This would be Dana Collins Pct 4 and Stephen Andrews Pct 3. Without a 3 to 5 vote, it wont matter who the mayor is. Get out and vote to make a change!

#8 Apr 3, 2011
I wish I could vote. And I hope that those who can, do! I've only met Dana Collins once and liked her a lot. As for mayor candidates, I don't know who would be best. I'm sure they're all fine people but I'm leery of anyone endorsed by anyone currently serving simply because of what I've heard/read. Of course, I heard/read lots of things in a much larger city that was baseless lies, too. I also heard/read lots of things that were spot on from the same crowd. But there, I knew everyone and could sift through it all to make an informed decision. In a way, I'm glad that I don't get to vote!
Veritas

Corsicana, TX

#9 Apr 3, 2011
Have heard that a forum for candidates to be held on Thursday, April 7th at the Cook Center at 6:30 PM. All candidates have been invited to attend.

Since: Apr 11

Corsicana, TX

#10 Apr 3, 2011
FWgirl wrote:
I wish I could vote. And I hope that those who can, do! I've only met Dana Collins once and liked her a lot. As for mayor candidates, I don't know who would be best. I'm sure they're all fine people but I'm leery of anyone endorsed by anyone currently serving simply because of what I've heard/read. Of course, I heard/read lots of things in a much larger city that was baseless lies, too. I also heard/read lots of things that were spot on from the same crowd. But there, I knew everyone and could sift through it all to make an informed decision. In a way, I'm glad that I don't get to vote!
There aren't any good choices for mayor...just going yo be the less of the evils. Prater has my vote only because she will destroy the aggie mafia. She can't make this city any worse so I say let her shake it up and replace her next go around. Hopefully there will be a good choice by then

#11 Apr 3, 2011
Confused and concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't any good choices for mayor...just going yo be the less of the evils. Prater has my vote only because she will destroy the aggie mafia. She can't make this city any worse so I say let her shake it up and replace her next go around. Hopefully there will be a good choice by then
I would vote for her simply because she has the good sense to grow her own tomatoes!
Awaiting change

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 3, 2011
Confused, I definatley get what you r saying! I do agree to some extent...i will add that Chuck probably has the most sense out of the 5, but I think that Vicky would be the one to change some things...like I said, it is going to come down to who gets voted in for the 2 council seats.

Since: Apr 11

Corsicana, TX

#13 Apr 3, 2011
Awaiting change wrote:
Confused, I definatley get what you r saying! I do agree to some extent...i will add that Chuck probably has the most sense out of the 5, but I think that Vicky would be the one to change some things...like I said, it is going to come down to who gets voted in for the 2 council seats.
Andrews has my vote. I'm not sure about the other yet
Same O Same O

Corsicana, TX

#14 Apr 3, 2011
If you really want change here it is. Prator, Collins and Andrews then you will no doubt have change because Williams will join in with them for that change. Its time and I think everyone knows that.
layed back and off

Corsicana, TX

#15 Apr 4, 2011
Same O Same O wrote:
If you really want change here it is. Prator, Collins and Andrews then you will no doubt have change because Williams will join in with them for that change. Its time and I think everyone knows that.
I think you 100% on this SOSO
Awaiting change

Dallas, TX

#16 Apr 4, 2011
Good website to go to is vote4dana.com . If you dont know Dana, this will give you a good idea of what kind of a person she is.
Mr Wisdom

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Apr 4, 2011
Awaiting change wrote:
I will say in order to make a real change in Corsicana, we need not only worry about Mayor...we also need both council seats with people who support change. This would be Dana Collins Pct 4 and Stephen Andrews Pct 3. Without a 3 to 5 vote, it wont matter who the mayor is. Get out and vote to make a change!
Andrews voted against “dance halls” and "private clubs" in downtown.
Is this the guy you are promoting?
What does he offer?
This is a guy just waiting for the next government job opening so he can drain the taxpayers.
Who is he? What are his achievements? Is he a business owner? what are his goals?
So far I know, he is one of the many old boys' puppets.
Awaiting change

Dallas, TX

#18 Apr 4, 2011
Mr Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrews voted against “dance halls” and "private clubs" in downtown.
Is this the guy you are promoting?
What does he offer?
This is a guy just waiting for the next government job opening so he can drain the taxpayers.
Who is he? What are his achievements? Is he a business owner? what are his goals?
So far I know, he is one of the many old boys' puppets.
I do understand what u mean. However, McClung was also "asked to run" by this group of elites just like Chuck and Don. So my point is that for change we need a majority vote. I am by no means saying I agree with all of his decisions as a councilman.
layed back and off

Corsicana, TX

#19 Apr 4, 2011
I had several people tell me today RL, at city hall has put in for his retirement in JULY. I think he has 35 or more years at city hall including city managers job. wonder whats fixen to go down now. heard voices got raised at city hall. several at the barn under fire. not enough licences in sewer dept and the number two man has tried to pass it 7 times and failed them all. only two men out of 15 have their papers.
Awaiting change

Dallas, TX

#20 Apr 4, 2011
Not sure about any of that except the RL part and u r right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Looking for a photographer (Feb '14) Dec 12 Patches 2
Public Golf Course (Apr '09) Dec 5 Eugene Dean 2
kit (Oct '13) Nov 29 Scam artist she is 3
kit (Sep '13) Nov 29 Scam artist she is 2
wrong person (Oct '13) Nov 29 Scam artist she is 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752

Corsicana News Video

Corsicana Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corsicana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corsicana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corsicana

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:07 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:07PM
Why aren't other teams lining up for Jason Garrett?
Yahoo! Sports 2:25 PM
Romo's best version looking good for Cowboys
Bleacher Report 1:23 AM
Hot Cowboys Value Staying Sharp over Rest; Playing to Win vs. Redskins
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Redskins' Game Plan vs. Cowboys
NFL 5:17 AM
Week 17 playoff scenarios cheat sheet