Power plant pulls plug

Euless, TX

#1 Jul 30, 2012
We moved to Navarro County following my recent retirement. So I am not fully aware of all the history and details of the power plant. However, we did live in a county with various industries and even a electric power generating facility located nearby. The roadways were in far better condition than our roads in Navarro County.
Here in Navarro County, the county roads are in disrepair and there are other needed improvements. But, being a retired businessperson, I know from experience these improvements must be paid somehow-- which means through tax revenues.
I performed some very simple research online and found the Navarro County tax rate to be significantly higher than virtually every Texas county I researched online. Coincidently, I found the Navarro County tax base to be significantly lower than each of these same Texas counties. The conclusion is the greater the tax base, the greater the amount of tax revenues that are available for the county to make these improvements.
Having driven through counties such as Ellis, Freestone, and Johnson, I find their roadways are in far better condition than the road in Navarro County. Maybe they know something we have not discovered....

United States

#2 Aug 4, 2012
its a shame corsicana did not get the powerplant it would have been great for this community with money and hopefully jobs i guess vicky prater and her people did not see that how shortsided she is it will set this town back 100 years. businesses do not come to a town where there is conflict .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 3 Strike farts 989
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 3 Wet farts 794
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Sep 17 Jim 18
Mildred Superintendent Aug '15 Blue sky 1
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Corsicana, TX (Mar '12) Aug '15 Elmar 8
Debate: Marijuana - Corsicana, TX (Aug '10) Aug '15 Oneta weibel 53
News Alvin teens lead battle over Confederate flag (Oct '06) Jul '15 Uber-Bro of the U... 79
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corsicana Mortgages