Posted in the Corsicana Forum
#1 Jun 25, 2012
while im glad to see 2 new restruants locate here i wish we could get good paying jobs here our city leaders are not plugged into what the residents want they have their own agenda.its been that for a long time kohls moved their call center because the city did not offer tax abatements or incentives to keep them . its the same with lance foods who was located on east highway 31 im afraid corsicana is going to dry up downtown corsicana is sad when you drive thru there its a shame 2 doors down closed up then calebs diner other cities have vibrant downtown areas to bad our city leaders are not listening i guess they never will .
#2 Jul 1, 2012
Maybe, just maybe, some day you will get your FACTS right.
1. The correct spelling is: r-e-s-t-a-u-r-a-n-t, "restaurant".
2. See previous response regarding the REASON that Kohl's relocated its call center.
3. I called the appraisal district (which you could have done) and learned that Kohl's DOEShave a tax abatement!
4. This same appraisal district told me that Lance foods DID have a tax abatement. Also, I went to the Snyder's-Lance corporate web site and read where the Corsicana facility was closed due to duplication of product line. NOT because of any local issues!
5. Todd Jones (owner of 2 Doors Down) told me- when I asked him- that he and his parents were tired and planned to close the coffee shop in the near future.
6. All of my FREE research took about 30 minutes TOTAL time to perform just to learn the FACTS--- which is very obviously an effort you have not performed!
Add your comments below
|Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10)||May 14||Jack||993|
|Corrupt Navarro County Police||May 7||411crime||1|
|kit (Sep '13)||May 2||Friend||8|
|Sam Houston Elementary||Mar '16||Kittycat||1|
|kit (Oct '13)||Mar '16||Con artist valid||5|
|free electricity in corsicana, texas!||Feb '16||QuickConnect||1|
|Mildred Superintendent (Aug '15)||Feb '16||Unknown1||2|
Find what you want!
Search Corsicana Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC