Michael J

Corsicana, TX

#1 May 1, 2011
Last year, some folks from out of town bought KAND Radio Station. First, Jerry Hancock (Talk Time) left, then Mary Sikes (sales) left. Now with the retirement of Dick Aldama (news), the station no longer has any local employees, with the exception of one part-timer. No more local news. Talk Time items are posted on the KAND website, so instead of having to listen for two hours, I can check the list in about 5 minutes. There's really no reason for me to listen any more. Your thoughts?

Since: Jun 10

Fort Worth, now Corsicana

#2 May 1, 2011
Talk time ended before I moved here. Did the new owners decide to pull the plug on TT or did Jerry just leave? Have you contacted the station about your concerns? I think I listened to the Ranger game the other day on KAND. Other than that, I haven't listened.
Michael J

Corsicana, TX

#3 May 1, 2011
I know Jerry. He didn't just leave. He wanted to work there until he retired. The new owners kept dumping more and more duties on him despite the fact that his normal day was already 12 hours long, plus he had to go in on weekends to make sure the station stayed on the air. Whenever there was "dead air", it was Jerry who was on call. Jerry was devoted to the station. Before the new owners, he even worked there a whole year without drawing any salary.
Michael J

Corsicana, TX

#4 May 1, 2011
By the way, Talk Time is still on the air with Brad Rivers as the host. Brad was imported from Montana to replace Jerry. He's an old friend of one of the new owners.

#5 May 1, 2011
Well that's a shame. Can anything be done? Who are the new owners? And will they listen if anyone (not me, as I have no history listening) complains/makes suggestions?
Michael J

Corsicana, TX

#6 May 2, 2011
I had to look it up. Century One Broadcasting. They're in Cameron, I think.
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#7 May 2, 2011
I've heard Brad say, "If you don't like it, don't listen." Guess what? I don't like it so I don't listen.

JGK

Since: Dec 08

corsicana

#8 May 2, 2011
Michael J

Corsicana, TX

#9 May 2, 2011
According to the article, "New Century Broadcasting is comprised of Diane Raymond, Joe Smitherman, Rob Reed and Mike Capps."
Lisa

Corsicana, TX

#10 May 2, 2011
I started listening to talk time and its so funny Brad is hilarious some people that call on there are dumb I dont know how the people that have done TT have lasted
Michael J

Corsicana, TX

#11 May 3, 2011
No more local news, birthday contests, anniversary contests, or school lunch menus. No more reason to listen. Plenty of radio choices out there these days.
Michael J

Corsicana, TX

#12 May 4, 2011
Michael J wrote:
No more local news, birthday contests, anniversary contests, or school lunch menus. No more reason to listen. Plenty of radio choices out there these days.
Agreed. Without local content, what's the point?

#13 May 4, 2011
Michael J wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Without local content, what's the point?
I know that when my dogs escaped about 2 months ago, the neighbors called KAND and had them announce that they'd found them so their must be some sort of local content still. I thought they said the called into Talk time. Just with an outsider hosting it, I guess.
DAW3

Corsicana, TX

#14 May 5, 2011
I listen to Talk Time most everyday and Brad Rivers is abrasive, the program is not nearly as good as it was with Jerry Hancock, but even he paled in comparison to Roy Miller. I have bought many things and found some great deals on Talk Time, but now you have to filter through alot more crap than you did in the past. Betsy Brooks Rocks on Saturday! She should be on weekdays and Brad should do Saturdays(when I don't listen as much)
Corsicana1943

Corsicana, TX

#15 Dec 5, 2011
There seems to be an agenda in these notes and a weak one at that. My name is A.C Chambers. I have listen to KAND since I can remember. Born and raised here. There has some really wasted efforts on this station over the years. It seems to have a professional leadership, going in the right direction. This is much better, music (I hated the political talk the other guys had), There is local news. I never understood why Old Dick came back. Was that supposed to be news? When? And Talk time does more good for me than it ever did. They don't have the same old people on there every day. And it brings a smile to me every day.
Say what you want. Please don't ruin the best thing we have ever had here. Has anyone ever create events we could all go to with families and enjoy? We do not have to go to another city to enjoy a nice springtime weekend event. We have them in town now. To KAND, continue the good work. It is appreciated. Sounds like you stopped some crooks from ripping off the station and they don't like it. The rest of us do.

Corsicana, TX

#16 Dec 5, 2011
DO any of you work for a living or do you all just steal things and sell them on a public radio junk show?
Seems like someone got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Get a job!
Sheesh

Corsicana, TX

#17 Dec 12, 2011
NEWBIE wrote:
DO any of you work for a living or do you all just steal things and sell them on a public radio junk show?
Seems like someone got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Get a job!
You must really be a newbie if you don't understand the local importance of Talk Time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Looking for a photographer (Feb '14) Dec 12 Patches 2
Public Golf Course (Apr '09) Dec 5 Eugene Dean 2
kit (Oct '13) Nov 29 Scam artist she is 3
kit (Sep '13) Nov 29 Scam artist she is 2
wrong person (Oct '13) Nov 29 Scam artist she is 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752

Corsicana News Video

Corsicana Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corsicana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corsicana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corsicana

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:54 pm PST