randallh

Corsicana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

a few weeks ago the local paper printed that golden chick restruant would locate in the former kfc building on west seventh i heard that the ennis texas restruant was almost completed i wonder if the city wanted a expensive greasetrap put in before golden chick could put their restruant here in corsicana texas? it seems that way.
FWGirl

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

I don't really understand this. Were there NO grease trap requirements before now? That seems really dumb, especially for a place that deep fries everything. I thought there were just additional businesses affected by the new ordinance, ie: sandwich shops. I hope someone can explain this for me. And whoever suggested the recycling of grease in lieu of traps has my support on that one. Plenty of uses for used oil.
INSIDER

Corsicana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

FWGirl wrote:
I don't really understand this. Were there NO grease trap requirements before now? That seems really dumb, especially for a place that deep fries everything. I thought there were just additional businesses affected by the new ordinance, ie: sandwich shops. I hope someone can explain this for me. And whoever suggested the recycling of grease in lieu of traps has my support on that one. Plenty of uses for used oil.
FWGirl, Hi girl, again. There are traps that were allowed for small restaurants, not very expensive by the way (they go by gallons of water), these “Frachises” have the money to install the real big ones but a small business owner can not afford a $20,000 plus trap. Well, the city (Manager) wants every restaurant to install the big ones, I think 4,000 or 40,000 gallons I think… Call the City Inspector for better info. The fact is that is not necessary to do that, the oil could be recycled by the city and bring a profit but that is not an option here, you know, everyone has to comply, what is going to happen is that many small restaurant owners will go out of business. This administration will do anything for big business but has a hard time supporting the small business owners. You can do more research on this topic.
INSIDER

Corsicana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Better to say, some people will have to comply, not all, you know how they roll in this town.
FWGirl

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Oh, I think places that use less grease should have cheaper options, for sure. I live on septic so I'm very careful with what goes down my drains. And I don't feel like doing the research or have the time, so I asked on here. I have bigger fish to fry (no pun intended). Thanks for the answer.
CZSP01

Corsicana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

The service is not that great. I would return if that improves but for a fairly new restaurant it was not well kept, things were empty and the girl behind the counter didn't seem to care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corsicana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 min What I say xoxo 17,845
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr Gasman 22,265
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Aug 21 Gasman 523
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Gasman 766
•••

Corsicana News Video

•••
•••

Corsicana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Corsicana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••