Layoffs announced at Troyer Farms

Full story: Go Erie 36
The parent company of Troyer Farms continues to provide few details, but has confirmed plans to lay off 77 employees. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harold

United States

#25 Jan 7, 2011
The chips are down...another erie success story. Welfare is the only growth industry left
Eli

Florham Park, NJ

#27 Jan 7, 2011
Mike kelly has only been in office what 2 days? And already the jobs are evaporating.....way to go Pennsyltuckians.
Captain Crunch

Erie, PA

#28 Jan 8, 2011
Back to Gibbles! Troyers started t suck when they were bought a few years back, too salty and that cheap oily taste appeared recently also, I kept buying them because of the local conection, not anymore. Its back to Gibbles, they cost a bit more but well worth it. The Troyer family has to be bummed out, I bet if they could turn back the clock they would.
tim leary

Little Rock, AR

#30 Jan 8, 2011
I feel badly for the troyers good name. i will never buy another package. corporations ruin everything they touch. we must go on. let the chips fall where they may.
Harry Hopkins

United States

#31 Jan 8, 2011
tim leary wrote:
I feel badly for the troyers good name. i will never buy another package. corporations ruin everything they touch. we must go on. let the chips fall where they may.
you are a coprophage... you only eat the chips you find in stables and pastures
tim leary

Little Rock, AR

#32 Jan 8, 2011
Harry Hopkins wrote:
<quoted text>you are a coprophage... you only eat the chips you find in stables and pastures
And you eat it after i shit it out

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#33 Jan 8, 2011
debbie veith is trash wrote:
<quoted text>
No but the new republican president will in 2 years.
No, the Republicans will make things worse.
whatever

Erie, PA

#34 Jan 8, 2011
debbie veith is trash wrote:
<quoted text>
No but the new republican president will in 2 years.
Hi T! Only YOU would forget to change your screen name going from one topix blog to another. To the rest of the forum...He is also to busy bashing a former telatron employee in another blog about Unicredit. Which is kind of funny because he has a "personal" interest in that topic!
slowly dieing in waterfor

Erie, PA

#35 Jan 8, 2011
Captain Crunch wrote:
Back to Gibbles! Troyers started t suck when they were bought a few years back, too salty and that cheap oily taste appeared recently also, I kept buying them because of the local conection, not anymore. Its back to Gibbles, they cost a bit more but well worth it. The Troyer family has to be bummed out, I bet if they could turn back the clock they would.
The members of the troyer family are happily counting their money. They don't give a shit about their community any more than any other corporation. Maybe mike kellys dad will give him another car dealership to open up on that site.
Factually

Erie, PA

#36 Jan 8, 2011
slowly dieing in waterfor wrote:
<quoted text>The members of the troyer family are happily counting their money. They don't give a shit about their community any more than any other corporation. Maybe mike kellys dad will give him another car dealership to open up on that site.
Keep dying down there stooge. Maybe if your girl Dahlcrapper and her congress mates didn't pass so many anti- business restictions and do everything to screw small business, maybe Troyer Farms would still be making a go of it.

“I oughtta be in Nashville”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#37 Jan 17, 2011
You can blame all of this on Erie County council.
They didn't want to give Troyer Farms any more tax breaks. The city and county councils of York was more than happy to pick up where Erie county dropped the ball. Troyer then competed for the tax breaks with York County, Pennsylvania and Franklin County, Ohio. York County won. More and more businesses will be leaving Erie in 2011. It's not just Troyer.
summit idiots

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Jan 17, 2011
The Volcano wrote:
You can blame all of this on Erie County council. They didn't want to give Troyer Farms any more tax breaks. The city and county councils of York was more than happy to pick up where Erie county dropped the ball. Troyer then competed for the tax breaks with York County, Pennsylvania and Franklin County, Ohio. York County won. More and more businesses will be leaving Erie in 2011. It's not just Troyer.
Yeah anything south of 90 its all about tax breaks. bush was going to pull out too after their tax breaks ran out. too bad they can't get a business to be a responsible community member and stay there.. so why don't you follow them so we dont have to hear you anymore?
Panic Attack

Corry, PA

#39 Apr 5, 2012
Why didn't they give these guys some tax breaks like Lords?
Taxed2Death

Corry, PA

#40 Apr 11, 2012
My property assesment just went up 80%. People like me will be paying the difference on all the tax breaks they have been handing out to their buddies.
Paul

Corry, PA

#41 Apr 11, 2012
Can you speel potatoe chip?
Unemployed

Corry, PA

#42 Apr 12, 2012
Paul wrote:
Can you speel potatoe chip?
This is not a laughing matter for the folks who losted their jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartments for rent 5 hr Jamestheduke21 2
Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander (Mar '11) Feb 23 crystale76 879
Kelly matteson Feb 20 big tif 1
Old Corry Drive In (Apr '10) Feb 10 Dawn Kirsch-Steiner 28
Karma's worst food in town Jan '15 Yuck 3
Sanders Markets Dec '14 D Fake CO 1
Hunger on the rise across Erie region Nov '14 Doug Wilson 19
Corry Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web