Erie County taxing authorities adjust...

Erie County taxing authorities adjusting for reassessment

There are 3 comments on the Erie Times News story from Nov 11, 2012, titled Erie County taxing authorities adjusting for reassessment. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

As he helped develop the city of Erie's proposed budget for 2013, Paul Lichtenwalter had to account for something new.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 12, 2012
The reassessment, the county's first in 10 years, boosted the taxable value of all the properties in the city by an estimated $670 million, to $3.17 billion from $2.5 billion.

County Executive Barry Grossman says raises for everyone.

I gave everybody in county employment a raise this week-the average was 5 percent.

I wanted to help them handle the additional burdens the government will put on them in the next 4 years.

Erie, PA

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Property values in the city increased by $670M. Since the last reassessment. Ya. Sure they did.

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 13, 2012
A municipality, such as the city of Erie, cannot increase revenue by more than 10 percent in the first year after a reassessment.

10% of $670 million?

Let the feast of the "Fatted Calf" begin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Erie man charged in Wayne Township truck thefts Nov 22 Erie observer 1
House break in. Nov 9 helper 2
Corry manufacturing Oct '15 Marie1967 1
News Group considers appealing Corry charter decision Oct '15 Watch dawg 1
Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander (Mar '11) Sep '15 No Douchenozzle 880
Old Roof Robberr Aug '15 jwawrejko 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corry Mortgages