Woman charged with assaulting infant

Woman charged with assaulting infant

There are 21 comments on the GoErie.com story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Woman charged with assaulting infant. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

A Corry woman was arraigned Monday on charges that she assaulted a 21-month-old child she was babysitting in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AmyB

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 6, 2009
WHY do people do this kind of stuff to defenseless children?!?!?!?!? I don't know what this world is coming to, and frankly, it frightens me.
Tom

Akron, OH

#2 Jan 6, 2009
If she is pretty and white the DA will give her a slap on the wrist then kiss it to make it all better.
lou schwartz

Fredericksburg, VA

#5 Jan 6, 2009
Chandu wrote:
Maybe she's IDF and the kid was lobbing mortars at her! Da mned anti-semites!
I see anti semitism is another of your colors...apparently you aren't the enlightened intellectuual you believe yourself to be.
Tom

Akron, OH

#7 Jan 6, 2009
Abraham wrote:
The bible says you can kill a kid, just like my son, Isaac.
Get them young before they grow to four and shoot you with a shotgun.
You didn't kill your son, Isaac.
Chandu

Hudson, OH

#8 Jan 6, 2009
Typical AIPAC stooge line. IDF and semitism are apples and oranges. Go pound some po rk.
lou schwartz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see anti semitism is another of your colors...apparently you aren't the enlightened intellectuual you believe yourself to be.
Famous Amos

Stow, OH

#10 Jan 6, 2009
She's from Corry that explains it
BeckyKnapp

Canton, OH

#11 Jan 6, 2009
What inane comments on a topic that is actually very disconcerting. Parents need to keep close tabs on the person who's babysitting their children.
When my son was a baby -- too young to talk -- I made SURE I dropped in on the babysitter at unexpected times, just to see what was going on when she didn't plan on seeing me. AND I didn't let "just anybody" watch my child. The person who babysat my kid was thoroughly checked out -- references, random visits to watch how she handled the other children she cared for.
People who can't handle the demands of a baby shouldn't be watching them, because babies ARE demanding. They cry and won't stop, they fuss, they get into things.
People who watch very small children have to have the patience of Job, and be able to deal with the stress of a kid fussing and crying and not "following directions." Not everyone has the temperament to care for real young children.
Susan

Canton, OH

#13 Jan 7, 2009
This is insane! What could a 21 month old do that would even deserve punishment like that!
I'm a firm believer in a eye for eye.
Do the same thing to the sitter!
Or cane her ass in the center of town!
BeckyKnapp

Canton, OH

#15 Jan 8, 2009
Susan wrote:
This is insane! What could a 21 month old do that would even deserve punishment like that!
I'm a firm believer in a eye for eye.
Do the same thing to the sitter!
Or cane her **** in the center of town!
I think adults get upset over a fussy baby who won't stop crying, who won't do what the adult wants them to do (stay in bed, take a nap), or who demand too much of the adult's attention when the adult wants to be doing other things (playing video games, talking on the phone, watching TV)... and out of immature selfishness and resentment, the adult batters the child for doing what kids of that age normally do.
These adults don't want to MIND the children -- they want the children to just shut up and sit quietly in the corner, so as to not interrupt or interfere with what the adult wants to do.
It takes a lot of patience and nerve of steel to take care of a 21-month-old ... and anyone who's not up to the tsak should take a "time out" break ... either put the child in bed, shut the door and let 'im scream; go out and sit on the porch for five minutes if the wailing bothers you.
Just hate it when adults are so self-absorbed that the demands of an infant/toddler infringe on their own desires and interests, and they take their anger out on the child.
StopSBS

Blackstone, VA

#16 Jan 8, 2009
I'll never understand why adults hurt innocent children. If you can't take it, then step away. Take a breather, don't beat the crap out of a baby! Parenting/Babysitting can be stressful, but it's NEVER ok to assault a child. I don't care how much they've "gotten on your nerves". My blind, crippled niece pays the price every day of her life because of actions like these. Her father couldn't handle a 9 week old baby crying (and last time I checked, that's what babies do) so he nearly shook the life out of her six years ago. Boy, that really solved the problem didn't it? Now she has screaming fits because of the traumatic brain injury she sustained. Yeah, that's much better than crying! People just don't get it. Children are to be loved, not harmed. If you can't handle it, then don't attempt to pretend that you can. Too many kids are paying the price for adult ignorance. There are NO excuses for this type of behavior. YOU are in control of your own actions. I hope this child recovered and is doing ok. I hope the woman who shook her gets what she deserves.
corry woman

Erie, PA

#17 Jan 10, 2009
I know this woman and there is no way she did anything to this child that is bad. I also know the child and her mother and the child is fine. This was handled all wrong and was not investigated thoroughly the way it should have been. You people don't even know them and shouldn't be judging someone you don't even know!
corry woman

Erie, PA

#18 Jan 10, 2009
She was charged,not found guilty!

“Reality check on aisle 6”

Since: Jan 09

erie pa

#19 Jan 10, 2009
How many people did we believe would never do something so hateful to a child and ended up doing it? you don't know what goes on behind closed doors!

erie pa

#21 Jan 10, 2009
Susan Smith wrote:
sometimes kids deserve it...... sometimes they go for a swim
so u saying a 21 month old who doesnt know any better deserved it? id hate to be ur kid id beg for foster care :x

erie pa

#23 Jan 10, 2009
Famous Amos wrote:
She's from Corry that explains it
hmmmm you live in erie we have maybe 1 child crime a year and u have what 20?
corry woman

Erie, PA

#25 Jan 11, 2009
never said i lived in erie. never said a 21 month old deserved it, the thing is nothing like that ever happened, kids get bruises,it doesnt mean there was foul play! this was NOT investigated thoroughly by authorities!!!
concerned mother

Cleveland, OH

#26 Jan 11, 2009
Tom wrote:
If she is pretty and white the DA will give her a slap on the wrist then kiss it to make it all better.
for your information the DA is a Female.
New Yorker

Lake View, NY

#28 Jan 14, 2009
What was a mistake? i can believe if the police over there messed everything up. If they dont get their hourly donuts and coffee they begin to go crazy and cant think straight. Leave it to them....Soooo glad i got out of that town
girard woman

Youngstown, OH

#30 Apr 2, 2009
This woman has been one of my best friends all my life. I know she would never hurt a child. People need to get there facts straight before they go around accusing innocent people.
MrsF

Harborcreek, PA

#31 Apr 2, 2009
corry woman wrote:
I know this woman and there is no way she did anything to this child that is bad. I also know the child and her mother and the child is fine. This was handled all wrong and was not investigated thoroughly the way it should have been. You people don't even know them and shouldn't be judging someone you don't even know!
I'm sorry but if someone makes a headline for doing something like this to a child, they will be judged. Notice: people who don't make the headlines aren't judged. See how that works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy Kiehart Wed Madmom42 4
Corry manufacturing (Oct '15) Wed Madmom42 8
drugs in corry (Jul '09) Jul 8 Concerned momma 26
Biggest sl*ts in corry? (Jun '15) Jul 1 Dina 12
Do you know this person? (Sep '07) Jun '17 jose 5
who is this person (Apr '15) Jun '17 jose 2
Name of Chris Leclair's girlfriend Jun '17 Bloomenthal 2

Corry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance