As You See It: Feb. 26, 2010: Rio del...

As You See It: Feb. 26, 2010: Rio del Mar up next

There are 27 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Feb 26, 2010, titled As You See It: Feb. 26, 2010: Rio del Mar up next. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

It was encouraging to witness the overwhelming support for the Aptos Village Plan at the Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Biting comments

Berkeley, CA

#22 Feb 26, 2010
Ex Liberal wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry you are misinformed. Talk to an educated practicing dental professional ie; a hygienist or doctor! They'll set you straight as they have most likely observed the damage to those who were not fortunate to have grown up drinking fluoridated water which typically contains about 1 ppm of fluoride ion!
I think I recall you mentioning in a post on an earlier Sentinel news story about Watsonville fluoridation that your wife is a dental hygienist, as you slammed all the posts arguing against fluoridation. If so, I can understand you taking the issue personally, but don't. I have nothing against your wife or her boss providing topical applications of fluoride to willing customers, but I would object if they attempted coming into my home and forcing it down my throat. And I'm not surprised many dentists and the ADA continue claiming fluoridation is safe and purely beneficial. For if it's finally proven to be otherwise, they'll be slapped with class action lawsuits that will make it look like the tobacco executives got off light.
Mom2

Santa Cruz, CA

#23 Feb 26, 2010
Ex Liberal wrote:
How sad for Mr. Hertel to go through life with such an angry misinformed attitude and outlook toward Christians who have selflessly given their time and work towards helping others less fortunate than themslves all around this planet! Sir, those Christain groups providing assistance have done so in Haiti for decades before the earthquake! Get off your secular soap box and donate some of your time and money to help others in need! Take a trip down to your local community church and ask how you might serve the lord by serving others!
Wow we agree on somethings I guess...
Eating

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 Feb 26, 2010
Ex Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you are misinformed. Talk to an educated practicing dental professional ie; a hygienist or doctor! They'll set you straight as they have most likely observed the damage to those who were not fortunate to have grown up drinking fluoridated water which typically contains about 1 ppm of fluoride ion! And then tell me why the dental profession would desire to see the public benefit especially since they receive nothing financially from those with less tooth decay and structural loss or degradation as the result of never having the luxury of drinking low dose fluoride ion treatment via the municipal water delivery system. Communities with fluoride treatment have a demonstrated benefit and the dental profession has less work thus less income! Hum, there goes the financial inducement angle for being a proponent of water fluoridation systems!
The conversation is about dosing the masses and the animals and the plants and the food grown through water, or providing a free pill. Not about the benefits of fluoride topically for teeth.
b40roller

United States

#26 Feb 26, 2010
burial alive wrote:
fook of fluoride freaks-I want water-not a bunch of chemical waste-now ill have to filter the crap out with a hi tech filter system
oh I'm so glad my favorite fellow ranter is back. Long time no read mr "snorkel burials"
hope u stik around a while
Jesus

Rio Vista, CA

#27 Feb 26, 2010
Mr. Hertel, I'm sorry that some "Christians" forgot about Love and have hurt others in the process.
Tama 2

Richmond, MO

#28 Feb 27, 2010
Eating wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken lie a good sheep.
I notice you spend a lot of time talking about sheep, I wonde..........OOOOooooooooooo oooooohhh.
Nevermind.
Bob jonas

Newport, OR

#29 Jul 31, 2013
Alive and well in SC. How the heck are you? The raging tone must be Mr. Natural
Soquel by the Creek wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Mr. Hertel! I think that you are reading an awful lot into acts of compassion and kindness by Christians and others. Sure, Christian organizations that are spending their non-governmental, privately-raised money and donating their time to help others will attempt to share the good news of God's love. I'm willing to bet that EVERY aid group operating in Haiti promotes their country, their organization, their cause, or their God.
May I ask, what provoked your anger?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Cruz rents drop to pre-2007 levels, but s... (Jan '10) 6 hr disgruntled taxpayer 84
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 21 hr Im mee 4,851
City water in highland Aug 17 JOE 1
News Street Smarts: Capitola traffic cam catches the... (Jul '10) Aug 13 1962 grand prix 35
Target is new located at 27902 Greenspot Rd. Hi... (Jul '15) Aug 9 ESalazar 2
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) Aug 6 MARIBEL VS HECTOR 1,071
Moving to Gilroy from San Jose (Jan '16) Aug 2 Carlos 4

Corralitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corralitos Mortgages