Survey: Homeless Trend in Santa Cruz County Rising

Oct 23, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 164

Despite the improving nationwide economy, a new census report indicates the number of homeless people in Santa Cruz County is trending upward.

Full Story
Reality Check

Santa Cruz, CA

#101 Nov 1, 2013
DBS the Irrelevant wrote:
...Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people using their names...
The only difference between you and he is that he hasn't been evicted.
Well, that and DBS isn't a loon.
Welfare causes Dependency

Santa Cruz, CA

#102 Nov 1, 2013
A failure thinking he's a celebrity is really just an irrelevant blowhard that defends his failures under psycho-sockpuppeteering.
j helms

Oakland, CA

#103 Nov 1, 2013
DBS wrote:
I think the Syphilitic Spirochettes have bored their way into the last functioning fraction of BJ's dopefried cinder of a brain.
She's sounding more and more like Jeffie.
I think you have had your face buried on do-henry so long for food bank bread, you got blower's cramp and can't smile when you get that sluff-off comment from a trick.
WcD

Santa Cruz, CA

#104 Nov 1, 2013
j helms wrote:
<quoted text> I think you have had your face buried on do-henry so long for food bank bread, you got blower's cramp and can't smile when you get that sluff-off comment from a trick.
Quote of the Year 2013
Buzz

San Francisco, CA

#105 Nov 1, 2013
WcD wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote of the Year 2013
Yup. The drugged out ravings of Santa Cruz's syphilitic idiot!
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#106 Nov 1, 2013
j helms wrote:
<quoted text> I think you have had your face buried on do-henry so long for food bank bread, you got blower's cramp and can't smile when you get that sluff-off comment from a trick.
Oh my,....Isn't Jeffie precious!!!
Craig

New York, NY

#107 Nov 2, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
BECKY: According to the Homelessness Census & Survey, 1,351 individuals were physically counted on a single night within the City of Santa Cruz(Pop. 62,041)or 2.1%. Yup. Between 1-3% homeless, just like everywhere else.
BECKY, are you going to comment on how this compares to the HUD point in time estimate percentage on any given day in the US?

I gave you the HUD number, which is around 650,000. The population of the US is 313,000,000. That makes the HUD point in time percentage nowhere near the number you have us.

Just like you confusing cities and counties, you've confused point in time with the total number experiencing homelessness over the course of a year.

“Facile Largire de Alieno”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#108 Nov 3, 2013
Do you think BJ and the HUFF trolls will like DeCinzo's cartoon in the Sunday Sentinel? Personally, I think he pretty much nailed it!

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

#109 Nov 5, 2013
REPLY TO CRAIG WHO WROTE: BECKY, are you going to comment on how this compares to the HUD point in time estimate percentage on any given day in the US?

BECKY: I will grant you that using those comparative counts from all across the USA, will not give you the 1-3% homeless figure that I've been using. But we can't get that data from those counts. You see, jurisdictions have a very lop-sided approach to doing homeless counts. Some do a very poor job. Our County does an excellent job.

Look at our data for Scotts Valley. They don't want to admit they have ANY homeless people. Is that true? I doubt it.

In other words, garbage in/garbage out. It's much harder to quantify homelessness than most people think.
Penicillin for jeff

San Francisco, CA

#110 Nov 5, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
REPLY TO CRAIG WHO WROTE: BECKY, are you going to comment on how this compares to the HUD point in time estimate percentage on any given day in the US?
BECKY: I will grant you that using those comparative counts from all across the USA, will not give you the 1-3% homeless figure that I've been using. But we can't get that data from those counts. You see, jurisdictions have a very lop-sided approach to doing homeless counts. Some do a very poor job. Our County does an excellent job.
Look at our data for Scotts Valley. They don't want to admit they have ANY homeless people. Is that true? I doubt it.
In other words, garbage in/garbage out. It's much harder to quantify homelessness than most people think.
Scotts Valley doesn't have a visible homeless problem. Your bums don't like it here. SVPD, unlike SCPD, actually enforces the law and is not forced to cater to then homeless. This is why Scotts Valley is not a Bum Magnet as is Santa Cruz.

As for your "garbage in, garbage out" that pretty much accounts for your posts and career.
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#111 Nov 5, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
Sure thing Whackjob.

Are you sure it isn't because the SVPD doesn't have any Horses like the SCPD??
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#112 Nov 5, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
So now BJ the flabby fraud is claiming that EVERYBODY ELSE's data is wrong. All the way across the USA!

Sure thing Lardass.

Like the way you count calories.
DBS the Irrelevant

Union City, CA

#113 Nov 5, 2013
So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point?
More Colby Spam

Santa Cruz, CA

#114 Nov 5, 2013
DBS the Irrelevant wrote:
So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point? So what's your point?
Don't the Colbys' have better things to do than make fools of themselves?
Hey BJ

Santa Cruz, CA

#115 Nov 5, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
No one has yet to come up with an instance of where you've actually helped the homeless. Can you? The consensus has been that you use the homeless to feed your ego and then discard them (like Anna & Lito) when the going gets rough. What material support have you provided? The homeless are far worse off now than before you started helping. Explain.
Craig

New York, NY

#116 Nov 6, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
BECKY: Look at our data for Scotts Valley. They don't want to admit they have ANY homeless people. Is that true? I doubt it.
No, it's not true.

25 people were counted in Scotts Valley. That means they do have homeless, despite your statement that they don't have any. It may not support your fantasies of every community having the same percentage of homeless folks. They were counted the same way, by the same people, as the rest of Santa Cruz County. And you said they did a great job. It's what it is.
Craig

New York, NY

#117 Nov 6, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
BECKY: I will grant you that using those comparative counts from all across the USA, will not give you the 1-3% homeless figure that I've been using. But we can't get that data from those counts.
More than likely you can't get the data to support your number because the data simply doesn't exist to support the number you want.

The HUD number is an aggregate of all the counts taken across the country. And I'm sure they've taken scientifically assumed variances into consideration with their final count. Their figure is based on facts. And if take a look at counts from all across the country, by counties and cities, they're pretty much in line with the HUD count.
Your desired figure is based on nothing more than some kind of feeling. You've supplied no data to back your figure up as you've made no effort to find it.

So which percentage should people believe? The one based on numerous sources of data, from all over the country, compiled using scientific methods? Or the one presented by a homeless hobbyist with no data or sources? The choice is obvious: the HUD count.
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#118 Nov 6, 2013
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
More than likely you can't get the data to support your number because the data simply doesn't exist to support the number you want.
The HUD number is an aggregate of all the counts taken across the country. And I'm sure they've taken scientifically assumed variances into consideration with their final count. Their figure is based on facts. And if take a look at counts from all across the country, by counties and cities, they're pretty much in line with the HUD count.
Your desired figure is based on nothing more than some kind of feeling. You've supplied no data to back your figure up as you've made no effort to find it.
So which percentage should people believe? The one based on numerous sources of data, from all over the country, compiled using scientific methods? Or the one presented by a homeless hobbyist with no data or sources? The choice is obvious: the HUD count.
Game,Set,Match goes to Craig.

That's 287 in a row.....
j helms

United States

#119 Nov 7, 2013
Penicillin for jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Scotts Valley doesn't have a visible homeless problem. Your bums don't like it here. SVPD, unlike SCPD, actually enforces the law and is not forced to cater to then homeless. This is why Scotts Valley is not a Bum Magnet as is Santa Cruz.
As for your "garbage in, garbage out" that pretty much accounts for your posts and career.
So lets be a fascist and dog out "poor" people right?? Never mind that their is a GIANT std drug epidemic and the "homeless" are starting to turn into std-free and 10+clean and sober. What are going to do when all the apartments are section 8's for the hooker drug std crowd-WHO DON'T LIKE THE HOMELESS, and the "homeless" rise up and riot and make you homeless??? Why don't you say " alcohol and drug" instead of homeless?
j helms

United States

#120 Nov 7, 2013
Penicillin for jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott's valley has to ask that all encompassing question--- Where would the prostitutes and drug dealers be with selling drugs and their bodies???? HOMELESS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgani set for return to downtown Santa Cruz Oct 18 Der Shrink 4
Woman Arrested After Friday Night Shooting Outs... Oct 18 rob 1
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
The Lost Landmark: Did the historic Cooper Hous... Oct 14 DBS 3
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Oct 13 Orale 4,802
Business Digest, Oct. 11, 2014: Eat Local First... Oct 12 Donny B 3
Corralitos Dating
Find my Match

Corralitos Jobs